Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-17-2022, 07:04 PM   #51
KGreene
Six Point

Hunt In: Hopkins County

I have fat short fingers and regular sized gloves are way too big. When working on the rigs I would get the tips of one glove caught when throwing a chain making a connection. I would jerk the glove finger off and the driller would always hold up three fingers and say give me five beers.
KGreene is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2022, 07:33 PM   #52
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklem View Post
Nope-thatís me.
Ah! I could not remember whose finger that was...emphasis on "was".
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2022, 07:54 PM   #53
shiner78
Ten Point

Hunt In: gonzales, county

I lost 3/8 off my middle finger on my left hand. Putting a metal track on a skid steer. Drove myself to the er off 71 in Austin. I had the finger tip in a little zip lock bag. I put the finger tip on the counter and said I need this put back on please. It wasn't enough to reattach.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
shiner78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2022, 08:00 PM   #54
eradicator
Pope & Young

Not what I was expecting when I saw the thread title
eradicator is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2022, 08:06 PM   #55
Kingfisher789
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood

Y’all win…Pointer finger right hand on a Volvo 240 double belted Altenator pulley. I told him…..” Don’t start it…….” It hurt….
Kingfisher789 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2022, 08:12 PM   #56
RR 314
Pope & Young

Got my left thumb stuck between my helmet and another guy's in high school. Completely crushed it and first doctor that looked at it said I would likely lose it. Dang thing was mangled all to hades with blood, guts, ligaments, tendons and bone everywhere. Called in their top notch hand surgeon and surgery was something like 6-7 hours. Dude was skilled! He came around the next day and said, "I could have done a heart transplant faster than fixing that thumb. . . well, if I knew how to do a heart transplant that is." Great guy. Just as functional and pretty as my other thumb with just a couple big scars and a tiny bit of residual numbness on the outer aspect. Glad that doc was willing to come in that night. :-)
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2022, 08:28 PM   #57
Strummer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard

Both my grandfather and great grandfather cut off their pinky fingers with the same radial arm saw. Watched my best friend in the 5th grade cut his middle finger off with a bicycle chain . Had the bike upside down spinning the pedals after fixing a flat . Got his finger cut off at the middle joint .
Strummer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2022, 08:51 PM   #58
Jon B
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Tx and the Western States

Lost the tip of my left pinkie finger in the gears of a redline reel on a grass fire truck back in 2006. Soon as I drew it back I knew it was a list cause. Didn't hurt at all for 15 minutes. When it started I felt ever beat of my heart til l got some morphine on board. The phantom itches lasted for about 20 months after the accident.
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2022, 09:54 PM   #59
rolylane6
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wise county

I cut the end of my middle finger off in a table saw in my 20's. Cut it off right at the end of the bone but didnt cut any bone and left the cuticle of the nail. Never found the end of the finger but the doc said keep it bandaged and the tissue will grow back as long as it doesn't scab. So I kept it bandaged for about 6 weeks and sure enough it grew enough back that you can hardly tell it was ever cut and the fingernail grew back too.
I was helping my son put a lift on his truck last year and was prying the leaf spring down to line up the bolt hole to the shackle and like an idiot stuck my index finger in the hole to see if it was lined up for the bolt. The prybar slipped right when I put my finger in the hole and it cut the tip off like a dull cigar cutter. Luckily the two holes didn't go completely past each other so the cut stopped right at the under side of the finger nail and the nail kept my fingertip from coming completely off. Again it cut it right at the tip of the bone but didn't get the bone. They were able to sew it back on this time. The nerves are still a little tingly at times.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by rolylane6; 05-17-2022 at 09:57 PM.
rolylane6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2022, 06:14 AM   #60
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County

OUCH, some of these stories - Dang.

Thread relevant Jr. High joke time-

What did the Leper say to the Hooker?

Last edited by DaveC; 05-18-2022 at 07:01 AM.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2022, 06:46 AM   #61
Hogmauler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerrville

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Interesting. You get a finger bit off in the may-lay?

I remember a father's firm hand shake with a mean look in his eye when I met him at the door. Didn't slow me down one bit.
I'm sure there would have been something cut off had he been aware of such going's on under his roof.
Winner!!!!!
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2022, 07:03 AM   #62
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
OUCH, some of these stories - Dang.

Thread relevant Jr. High joke time-

What did the Leper say to the Hooker?
"Keep the tip" -

LOL, Yuk Yuk Yuk, hahaha....I forgot how we are supposed to laugh online.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2022, 08:17 AM   #63
Farmdog
Pope & Young

I watched a man lose his whole hand in a cotton gin, Legdog is in that story watched my foreman lose the side of his foot with two toes. Its dangerous out here. We have been lucky
Farmdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2022, 08:30 AM   #64
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmdog View Post
I watched a man lose his whole hand in a cotton gin, Legdog is in that story watched my foreman lose the side of his foot with two toes. Its dangerous out here. We have been lucky
Iíve always heard that farming is the most dangerous job for on the job injuries. My father in lawís brother lost a hand in a corn picker. Took it clean off.
Then thereís the guy that used to cut and bail my hay. His son got a leg caught up in the PTO. Wrapped it up about six time left before it could be shut off. Didnít rip the leg off but it was mangled so bad that the kid lost it.
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top