Who Videos Your Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Videos Your Hunts

Looking for advice on cameras. Looking at a GoPro, Tactacam or ?
    Just getting into recording my hunts, and looking at options. Thanks.

Just bought this gadget off Amazon to try this year…

Comment

Who Videos Your Hunts

I film mine. Mostly to watch shot placement but I have enjoyed the youtube and TBH posting part of it.

I prefer a camcorder on a tripod or a mount. If you are looking to film your kill shot, don't get a Go Pro or Tactacam. Both the Gopro and Tactacam shake with your bow or gun when you fire them. Makes for suspect video. No watching the flight of the arrow or the impact....and you have to try to get back on them after you shoot. Also the GoPro does not zoom and its POV lens make the footage seems much further than it is. Hard to see details at even archery distance. I'd get a good camcorder or even use your phone but make sure they are separate from your weapon of choice. I have a Panasonic HC-V770 and love it.

First one I video'd through a foggy window so please ignore the blurs..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUWNKBlDc2s"]Big Nappy Jr - 1/7/21 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGV4wg6m7q0"]Bowhunting DFW area pigs 4 21 21 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ihoHsDAmBs"]Deadeye....2021 bow season - Christoval, Texas - YouTube[/ame]
      Last edited by Smart; 05-15-2022, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I film mine. Mostly to watch shot placement but I have enjoyed the youtube and TBH posting part of it.

I prefer a camcorder on a tripod or a mount. If you are looking to films you kill shot, don't get a Go Pro or Tactacam. Both the Gopro and Tactacam shake with your bow or gun when you fire them. Makes for suspect video. No watching the flight of the arrow or the impact....and you have to tryin to get back on them after you shoot. Also the GoPro does not zoom and its POV lens make the footage seems much further than it is. Hard to see details at even archery distance I'd get a good camcorder or even use your phone but make sure they are separate from your weapon of choice. I have a Panasonic HC-V770 and love it.

Big Nappy Jr - 1/7/21 - YouTube

Bowhunting DFW area pigs 4 21 21 - YouTube

Deadeye....2021 bow season - Christoval, Texas - YouTube
        Awesome, thanks Smart!

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
          Awesome, thanks Smart!

Welcome. I butchered that but went back and corrected [emoji1787][emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Welcome. I butchered that but went back and corrected [emoji1787][emoji38]
            What cam do you use Smart?

Comment

If you have a newer iPhone there’s tons of gadgets to turn your phone into a movie capable camcorder.

Comment

I use a old school Canon hg20 HD camera
                Very easy to use and put it on a tripod and I would also recommend getting a good fluid head setup from Fourth Arrow
                They have very Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
                  Looking for advice on cameras. Looking at a GoPro, Tactacam or ?
                  Just getting into recording my hunts, and looking at options. Thanks.

Canon XA-11 with built in and added IR. I got tired of not being able to video at last light due to pixelation. Fixed it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lymCZuAZYBI&t=9s"]04/15/22 River Boar - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I like to go on Facebook live stream when I’m hunting.

Comment

Working...
                    X