No announcement yet.

Any Starlink Users getting service yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well worth the wait. Got mine set up late Feb and havent looked back.

Comment

I ordered 11/21. So they said they are preparing to ship today.... so that’s what 6 or 7 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
        I ordered 11/21. So they said they are preparing to ship today.... so that’s what 6 or 7 months.
        Gives me a little bit of Hope but it probably changes from region to region

Comment

It’s up and running in my area . I don’t have it .

Comment

I put down deposit 12/2

Account says we should get service in this area early or mid 2022

It sure would be nice to have stable even somewhat fast internet for a change.

Comment

I was going to mount it at the top of my tv antenna tower. I wonder if I ought to be concerned with lightning.

Comment

I’ve been without service for a month. The Starlink customer service is garbage. Basically I’m throwing a new cable at the issue and hope it sticks because I can’t get ANYONE at Starlink to point me in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                  I’ve been without service for a month. The Starlink customer service is garbage. Basically I’m throwing a new cable at the issue and hope it sticks because I can’t get ANYONE at Starlink to point me in the right direction.
                  I had a completely different experience. I had intermittent outage for a few days and got an email from Starlink saying that they had noticed that I was losing signal and sent me a complete new system. I never even contacted them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Yeah I'm concerned about the Clear view of the sky due to all the trees around our cabin area. Hoping that the required angle is not too low
                    There is an app you can use to "map" the sky and see the best place for installation.

Comment

Finally got the satellite permanently mounted. 24'' x 28'' piece of 1/8'' aluminum did the trick. No more sand bags.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1413.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	24683225

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1417.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	24683226

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                        Finally got the satellite permanently mounted. 24'' x 28'' piece of 1/8'' aluminum did the trick. No more sand bags.
                        Nicely done! Still waiting on mine.

Comment

Do you think In areas that are over capacity if a user moves or cancels their service it frees up a unit? Just curious if there is any way my 2023 timeframe speeds up at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

looks good! So you have a router in the house/building? How's your signal outside the house? Did any distance testing yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              looks good! So you have a router in the house/building? How's your signal outside the house? Did any distance testing yet?
                              Yes, the router is in the attic and the signal is good to at least ~40-50 yards from the router.

Comment

Yes, the router is in the attic and the signal is good to at least ~40-50 yards from the router.
                                Good deal. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X