No announcement yet.

Dill pickle recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best pickle recipe consist of Tito's Vodka and grapefruit juice. Cucumbers optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Best pickle recipe consist of Tito's Vodka and grapefruit juice. Cucumbers optional.
      Im an expert in those first two ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Who should I start pestering?
        Duane Olson I think!

Comment

Another question, is it ok to use regular cucumbers and just pick them when they are small? Will they make a good pickle? Might be only one way to find out. I planted two cucumber plants that are specifically to make pickles with but wondering if I can use some of my regular cucumbers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LeonHogBoy. Oops. Looks like y’all already knew that. My bad

Comment

Another question, is it ok to use regular cucumbers and just pick them when they are small? Will they make a good pickle? Might be only one way to find out. I planted two cucumber plants that are specifically to make pickles with but wondering if I can use some of my regular cucumbers as well.

I think they all work pretty OK - but I like to use the "english" cucumbers cause they dont have as many seeds, and the ones they do have are quite small.

you said you don't like a sour pickle, but if you have someone that does:

1 cup white vinegar
              1.5 cups water
              1 heaping table spoon table salt
              1 heaping table spoon granulated sugar
              1 teaspoon MSG (optional!)

boil all that together until solids are dissolved, put some dill at bottom of jar and cram full of sliced cucumbers, you can add garlic if you want, but I like to wait until I pour the brine over the pickles (while its still really hot) and then throw fresh chopped garlic in. I think it brings out the garlic flavor a lot more.

These are usually ready to eat within 24-48 hours, but its also a quick pickle, so I never make more than 2-3 jars of these

Good luck with your endeavor! I love making home made pickles, I'll kill a jar of them by myself in a few days easily

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Paging Leonhogboy

He brought some jarred pickles and green beans to the TBH Nueces River fishing trip. They were very good.
                Ours are pretty basic, Mrs. Wages mix, a jalapeno, and some red cayenne.

Comment

I will need to ask permission to post the recipe that I use when I’m home in a few days. You might pm me so I don’t forget! If you got some of the spicy green beans or spicy dill pickles at the Bloody Mary table this year, they were mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                    I will need to ask permission to post the recipe that I use when I’m home in a few days. You might pm me so I don’t forget! If you got some of the spicy green beans or spicy dill pickles at the Bloody Mary table this year, they were mine.
                    Pm sent

Comment

I looked in the recipe section and didnt see much there. Anyone have a bang up recipe for dill pickles? First year to plant some cucumbers specifically for this and they are starting to produce. I dont care for pickles that are sweet, overly spicey or overly sour. TIA!
                      Do you want the best Polish pickles recipe? It's real pickles none of that vinegar and super sweet junk.

Comment

Originally posted by PLBowhunter View Post
                        Do you want the best Polish pickles recipe? It's real pickles none of that vinegar and super sweet junk.
                        Yes please.

Comment

Originally posted by PLBowhunter View Post
                          Please post

Comment

Yes. Please post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tag. Lots of cuc flowering in the garden last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                                The green beans were awesome too. I licked the jar when I finished the pickles though. Man they were good!

Comment

Working...
                                X