Internet guru's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet guru's

I'm way out in no mans land. OTR Mobile sucks. It worked for a while but can't get it going good.

Why is it that I can use my phone as a hot spot and get good enough cell coverage to run everything (without a booster) and with a booster I have 4 bars. But Verizon says there home internet hotspot isn't available? That makes no sense to me. Is there something technical I'm missing?

Also, what are other options for home internet? Already waiting on Starlink.

Depending on model of phone vs model of home hotspot there's a lot of bands. Late model phones can use a dizzying variety of frequency bands to get a good signal. For example my truck has built-in LTE... it has service about half the time my iPhone does... why.... different bands.

Comment

I snagged a MoFi 4500 and then put a Sim in it. Mine is ATT but they have Verizon models.

Comment

They run on 5g. Your phone is probably using 4g. Why they don’t make a 4g home hotspot I’m not sure.

Comment

We run on a 4G AT&T hotspot and it is plenty good for what we do. Take your phone to an ATT store and change service so you can keep your current number. ATT service sux but it beats Verizon. I’ve had both and ATT is much better for me where I go.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            We run on a 4G AT&T hotspot and it is plenty good for what we do. Take your phone to an ATT store and change service so you can keep your current number. ATT service sux but it beats Verizon. I’ve had both and ATT is much better for me where I go.
            Well ATT screwed us when we were in the city. We switched to Verizon and got even more screwed just a few months ago. Lie after lie after lie after lie...and they don't give a rats *****.

So to switch to ATT would screw us even more.

One can't just buy a sim and get internet with a mofi. Don't you have to go through someone and pay for a plan? I have a Mofi as that's what I used for OTR until they switched to simless devices.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Well ATT screwed us when we were in the city. We switched to Verizon and got even more screwed just a few months ago. Lie after lie after lie after lie...and they don't give a rats *****.

So to switch to ATT would screw us even more.

One can't just buy a sim and get internet with a mofi. Don't you have to go through someone and pay for a plan? I have a Mofi as that's what I used for OTR until they switched to simless devices.
              right now, I'm using ATTHotspot. ATT did something and shut down a bunch of users(I think those "unlimited" mindset). ATTHotspot had to almost double their cost. I'm still "grandfathered" in to the old rate, but I cringe everytime payment time comes, expecting to be terminated for the old rate and have to start paying almost double. I keep my usage as low as possible and watch limited youtubes and such.

It's a darn shame, something that is ALMOST a necessity this day and time, that they have such control over it. I guess some one needs to make money!
              I'm in same boat with point to point internet. I live 2 miles away from a Nextlink tower and they won't even explore the possibility of connecting. In kinda of a catch 22, they won't climb it unless it's installed by a professional(I've heard conflicting, but that's what they said) and won't guarantee reception. So, the tower is still laying on the ground.

Kinda makes you wish that the government would take over!.........not!

Comment

We are on our 4th set up and finally have good internet now. It's a hot spot with T Mobile that just bought out Sprint. It's been great.

Comment

Get you an unlimited Cricket mobile hotspot. Uses ATT network, it’s ATT but it isn’t....if that makes sense. GL!

Comment

nomad internet has cell plans att verizon and t-mobile unlimited for about 100 a month
                    ive been using it for about a year waiting on starlink too
                    if you want it we can do a referral and you get 25$ off
                    it’s been pretty good so far watch 2 tv and surf in internet it’s fast sometimes and slow sometimes but all in all been ok

Comment

Tim your towers are north {Saba}

We went with a T Mobile hot spot and it rocks. Install in your attic and it should be good for both houses.
                      $49.00 a month

Comment

Working...
                      X