Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-04-2022, 01:18 PM   #101
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo Man View Post
Indian Hills Peninsula?

Holiday Villages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ætheling is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2022, 01:38 PM   #102
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mc Culloch County (2015-2021) Van Zandt County since 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoDano View Post
Probably not so bad since you at least know and talk to some of your neighbors. Most of DFW the neighbors barely know each other. Having come from a small town where most folk have a good ideal of how regular you are. I do not know which is worse.
Yep on the small town.

I'm back in NW Iowa with Dad, has cancer.

I'm always getting you're Verns boy, which one of Vern's boys are you or how's your Dad?

I get home and say hey Dad. I was talking to this person today they was this tall and looked like this. Dad might ask what kind of car was they driving? If I saw it I'd tell him. He may ask a few other questions. Than he'd say well that's so and so..... I might even get their family history...

Mom and dad got divorced in 1980, Dad kept the house. I didn't get back much
Pushbutton2 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2022, 04:32 PM   #103
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mc Culloch County (2015-2021) Van Zandt County since 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
But did he pull down his pants and show you the scar like Forrest Gump did to LBJ?
I said friend not good buddy
Pushbutton2 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2022, 10:40 PM   #104
AZ&F'sDaddy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoDano View Post
All hands are at equal risk while on a warship. I suspect it is the same throughout the service.
When I was in residency at Wilford Hall in San Antonio, there was a woman resident physician that was captured by the Iraqis during the first Gulf war. Those bassturds did unspeakable things to her. Futhermuckers.
Don't be an imposter when there are people who truly made sacrifices.
AZ&F'sDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2022, 09:09 PM   #105
PoppinPiggies
Eight Point

Hunt In: Clay County

The guy from the OP posted this on the community FB page

Hello Members and Friends

I felt the need to reach out to you amidst all the social media frenzy and speak to you as I always do, from the heart.

I have not read the posts, nor has the author come to me to have any conversation about the questions they had so I can only go by what I know. I do know that you can find many things on the internet and they are not all true, I just googled and found the world was flat, but I think we all know it’s not. I never gave any written authorization for anyone to have my personal information, so any of this was obtained illegally, without written consent, without my releasing my social security number or date of birth or the PIN number I was given from the DOD. I have had backgrounds done by companies that work some of the most influential and powerful people in the world and never have I had this craziness that I have experienced here.

So a little about me or my history I left home at an early age (17) and joined the military, it was the best decision for me, I got my GED right away (this was a topic in another post by someone) not everyone had the same opportunities as a young adult growing up and this was the best on for me. I served 3 times, 2 active duty and 1 tour in reserves. I started out operating boats and repairing boats for the COMSIXTHFLT (Having a sticker on your vehicle from someplace you worked, it’s a pride thing, this was a another topic on social media, I also I had plates on my car that were a topic, but those were returned when we found they were the wrong ones, again no one asks questions, they just assume and accuse) I was so blessed to have many great mentors that fostered my potential and got me into many schools and programs including the enlisted commissioning program. I was blessed to serve all over in the Middle East, Asia and Europe, the experiences and things I learned will be with me forever the brotherhoods and sense of family. Getting out of the Military was a hard decision as well, but I got injured and had a disability and took an early out (Thought I would just put that out there now before it becomes another topic of conversation) and went right to work for Marriott, they subsequently bought Renaissance Hotels and the Ritz-Carlton Hotels and The Starwood Hotels and I was part of all of this, loved the family environment and really fostered how I wanted to treat my staff as part of my family, I continue that to this day, it breeds loyalty and commitment, I have worked my career with fostering those values to my teams, transparency and openness. It has served me well up to this position. There was no gain from my military background personally, I didn’t use it to get my job, or gain, or get special things, it’s part of who I am. I got my job based on my professional work history and experiences.

Since the week of my arrival I was embraced by some of you as friends and some of you even as family. There is a small portion of membership that keeps tearing away at every decision, every move we make, this really makes it hard to move the ball forward in this game, years of doing things takes time to get back on track and even harder when you have to be on the offensive each day. Last week I had to talk the a portion of the 19th hole staff into staying and not walking off the job because of member abuse.
This is not new for this small group of people, look at the history here of people that have been subject to this harassment and bullying;
· Michael Bartholomew
· Bobby White
· Christie David
· John Thomas
· Sean Flannigan
· Daniel Van Patten
· John Cabrales
· Roxanne Snow
· Brian Nance (Our new chef has already been subject to this)

For the last 5 and half months I can add myself to this list. These people above are all good people with good intentions, some were chased off and ran out and others just went quietly.

Since my arrival I have given 200% to this club, to my friends and family here at this club, I have given at the expense of losing time with my personal family because my club needed me to be here and keep the ball moving forward. But the abuse, harassment and bullying just keep coming via social media and in person. We have accomplished so many milestones in the last 5 months, some that were said could never be done, and we have also made up over $200k in our negative budget in six months and almost running even. Done by strong management of all of our department heads, running a strong business ethic.

Working should not be this hard, you should always do something you love and are passionate about, it makes you great at your job, having to be on the offensive each and every day, and having to fight off the negative people each and every day that don’t want change is exhausting. I foster a work environment of family values, trust and support. This is not what I have experienced here as the General Manager from that small group of people. Granted it’s only a small group but that group, they manage to turn us sideways each and every day to the point of being toxic.

Many members want change here, and deserve change, you have an amazing club, one of the best in the country I feel, and the majority of the members are incredible, loving, giving and I feel blessed to have met them and become friends with them. But it’s my opinion that currently it can’t change based on what is going on consistently with the bullying, the toxic negativity and slanderous things that are currently happening and have happened in the past, it’s now effecting my health and this is where I have to stop and step back, so It is with a heavy heart that I must now tender my resignation pursuant to the terms in my employment agreement, adding me to the list above. I will continue to give 200% to all off you for the remainder of my time here and I will certainly cherish the friendships I have made here as well.

Warm Regards
- Jake

PoppinPiggies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2022, 09:26 PM   #106
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Default Stolen Valor scammer

Hope that person finds the help they need. Wow.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:27 PM   #107
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Poor guy...accidentally had a Seal Trident and Navy Cross plates on his car. Life can be confusing sometimes.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2022, 09:30 PM   #108
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Poor guy...accidentally had a Seal Trident and Navy Cross plates on his car. Life can be confusing sometimes.

You saying I shouldn’t wear my green beret to the VFW? I bought it for fashion, any conclusion you made is all on you man

Old 05-06-2022, 09:34 PM   #109
Deer716
Ten Point

Hunt In: Duval, McMullen & Goliad

[QUOTE=PoppinPiggies;16208147]The guy from the OP posted this on the community FB page

Hello Members and Friends

I felt the need to reach out to you amidst all the social media frenzy and speak to you as I always do, from the heart.

Cut the rest out because didn't want to clog the thread but am I missing something?

From OP:

I never served but I've been working in the defense industry my entire career and this mess makes my blood boil.

From last post:

Went right to work for Marriott, they subsequently bought Renaissance Hotels and the Ritz-Carlton Hotels and The Starwood Hotels

Are the hotels part of the defense industry? Don't be too hard on me because I will admit I read the first page and half when first posted and skipped straight to this just now.
Deer716 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2022, 09:41 PM   #110
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

I believe post 105 was a copy and paste from Facebook of who the original thread was started about not the OP of this thread
Jcjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2022, 09:48 PM   #111
Deer716
Ten Point

Hunt In: Duval, McMullen & Goliad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcjohnson View Post
I believe post 105 was a copy and paste from Facebook of who the original thread was started about not the OP of this thread
Yeah that's what I thought but what lost me was the OP said it was in the defense industry and that one was in the hotel industry. Maybe just an example. I don't know.
Deer716 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2022, 11:12 PM   #112
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
Not everyone that served has a DD214. I signed in ‘93 and got discharged in ‘95 due to Clinton cutbacks and feet problems. If you were in the reserves the whole time you don’t get a DD214 is how I understand it.
Quote:
I did call up the VA on several occasions and talked to several different people(because you rarely get the same story twice from them) and each time they told me the same thing. I received information showing my service time and pay grade at discharge but it was not a DD-214.
Quote:
This is how I understand it as well. Due to the lack of active duty status, even though I was discharged for medical reasons, I get nothing and I’ve contested it. No health care, no disability, no benefits whatsoever.

I have not verified this, but you may want to look into it:

http://www.vetsfirst.org/served-army...-call-veteran/
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2022, 11:27 PM   #113
TexaRican
Pope & Young

I don’t know what to say about the events today. I grew up with a con artist POS in my family and every time he was caught in a lie he found a way to spin a story that made those who caught him feel like and that is what this feels like. My Dad was a career detective and gave me a good foundation in being able to recognize BS.
Whole community seems divided now and taking sides. What a mess. I wish I had not started this thread honestly.

TexaRican is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2022, 11:33 PM   #114
Chew
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
I don’t know what to say about the events today. I grew up with a con artist POS in my family and every time he was caught in a lie he found a way to spin a story that made those who caught him feel like and that is what this feels like. My Dad was a career detective and gave me a good foundation in being able to recognize BS.
Whole community seems divided now and taking sides. What a mess. I wish I had not started this thread honestly.

Rest easy. He is full of Shiite. He had to commit a felony on the paperwork to get that Navy cross license plate. He knew what he was doing. There was no mistake.
Old 05-06-2022, 11:48 PM   #115
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier

Post 105 just proved his guilt imo.

OP you did the right thing by outing him.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2022, 11:52 PM   #116
TexaRican
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Post 105 just proved his guilt imo.

OP you did the right thing by outing him.

I didn’t out him. I was just following the drama and thought it was interesting enough to share here since we’ve had some green screen fakes over the years.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:37 AM   #117
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Quote:
I didn’t out him. I was just following the drama and thought it was interesting enough to share here since we’ve had some green screen fakes over the years.

You have nothing to regret then in regards to starting this thread Chris .
Old 05-07-2022, 07:31 AM   #118
aggie182
Eight Point

He gone!

aggie182 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2022, 07:55 AM   #119
Voodoo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Highway Medians
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ætheling View Post
You saying I shouldn’t wear my green beret to the VFW? I bought it for fashion, any conclusion you made is all on you man

I don’t belong to any of those whiny organizations, normally I’d go to the club on base to hang out with verified retirees. But then they signed a law for a vet with any service connected disability to come on base and use MWR programs and the BX…Its all shot to hell now and the influx of whining posers has infiltrated the base now. Its made it twice as hard to get a room on base, rent equipment, and even effected hunting at certain bases.

I guess I’ll drink alone.
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2022, 08:11 AM   #120
Voodoo
Ten Point

Oh, and its like literally overnight (in retiree time) after signing that law, the bases look like a Special Forces convention. I just laugh it off, I never knew the amount of Green Berets the Army produced, its staggering.

I always ask the venders what paraphernalia sells the most and they said Navy Seal, and Green Beret items are through the roof.

And there is a trend now toward “Native Veteran” attire
Old 05-07-2022, 08:14 AM   #121
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.

"I had plates on my car that were a topic, but those were returned when we found they were the wrong ones, again no one asks questions, they just assume and accuse"

Quote:
It's hard to believe someone would think people would fall for that BS.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2022, 08:17 AM   #122
Voodoo
Ten Point

But they do in droves
Old 05-07-2022, 01:14 PM   #123
BigDraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas & Colorado

[QUOTE=soldierarcher;16201296]I agree, enlisted to officer is very different. Also, to do all that and to only have served 4 years is pretty remarkable.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hope there is a special place in hell for people like him.
BigDraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2022, 01:26 PM   #124
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise Co.

Went and looked up their Facebook page and it appears that the group at Pecan Plantation support stolen valor as long as the scumbag is doing a good job.
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2022, 03:16 PM   #125
Uncle Saggy
Pope & Young

Quote:

Wimp
I wear a Spartan Helmet

Uncle Saggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2022, 05:30 PM   #126
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Default Stolen Valor scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
Wimp
I wear a Spartan Helmet

No way you were there man. Impossible. I know two guys that were and they dont remember you . Show us your DD214 with “Spartan Warrior School” annotation.

Old 05-09-2022, 07:15 PM   #127
TexaRican
Pope & Young

What a mess. Too many updates to include them all here but a bunch of folks bought the guys sob story and wanted to petition to get him back.
Well, he was arrested today on multiple outstanding warrants. Wanted for embezzlement out of state plus I’m guessing he may be charged for forging federal docs to get that license plate.

My wife said she wondered if all those people who attacked the original investigator would apologize? Uh, no dear those are Biden voters and they will just find another way to spin their narrative.

Old 05-09-2022, 07:41 PM   #128
Voodoo
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezy Rider View Post
Went and looked up their Facebook page and it appears that the group at Pecan Plantation support stolen valor as long as the scumbag is doing a good job.
Its where we are in the world today.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:49 PM   #129
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
What a mess. Too many updates to include them all here but a bunch of folks bought the guys sob story and wanted to petition to get him back.
Well, he was arrested today on multiple outstanding warrants. Wanted for embezzlement out of state plus I’m guessing he may be charged for forging federal docs to get that license plate.

My wife said she wondered if all those people who attacked the original investigator would apologize? Uh, no dear those are Biden voters and they will just find another way to spin their narrative.

Well I'm sure that's all just a misunderstanding.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-09-2022, 08:13 PM   #130
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Justice was served.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:28 PM   #131
CabezaBlanca
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado County

Quote:

Awesome update!
CabezaBlanca is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-09-2022, 09:59 PM   #132
kae006
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
But they do in droves
I wish I could go back further than 2021 in your posts so I could quote the time you tried claiming you had an honorary degree in explosives from Harvard.
kae006 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 06:58 AM   #133
Voodoo
Ten Point

Why go back, settle it right here. An honorary degree that only exist for me.

Right you are Sir.

I don’t hide, even posted a pic of myself at the Executive Surf Club.

I’ve also hunted in the nude and have over 30 stands in Highway Medians.

Last edited by Voodoo; 05-10-2022 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:29 AM   #134
Bluesman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Retired Bowhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
I have not verified this, but you may want to look into it:

http://www.vetsfirst.org/served-army...-call-veteran/
I joined the Army Reserves in 1969 and have never had any intentions of calling myself a Veteran. I've always understood that you have to have served 6 months (180 days) of continuous active duty to be recognized as a Veteran and receive benefits. The Reserve and National Guard system is designed to control active duty time and not provide Veteran benefits. So, H.R. 6416 doesn't mean anything to me.
If I were to have an accident, or illness during training which caused me to be discharged under honorable circumstances then I would be considered a Veteran and would receive benefits.
HR 6416 appears legit, but more or less useless.

Last edited by Bluesman; 05-10-2022 at 07:33 AM.
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 08:42 AM   #135
Paycheck
Ten Point

Quote:

If it smells like shi* ........
Paycheck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 08:51 AM   #136
jonezy00
Four Point

Hunt In: East Texas

What's his name and what county was he booked in at?
jonezy00 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 10:51 AM   #137
kae006
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonezy00 View Post
What's his name and what county was he booked in at?
Phillip Edward "Jake" Cormier

Hood County
kae006 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 11:02 AM   #138
PoppinPiggies
Eight Point

Hunt In: Clay County

Looks like the Hood County Today FB page is running updates on they situation

https://www.facebook.com/HoodCountyToday/
PoppinPiggies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 11:19 AM   #139
Chew
Pope & Young

Well in other news....I was ordering a 1st Mar Div sticker for my truck and they accidentally sent me a Delta Force sticker. Feeling kind a cute....might just put it on my truck since it wasn't my fault. Now if I could get the money for my third and final session on the SEAL trident tattoo...my life would be complete.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:23 PM   #140
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie, Kimble

Great update!

Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 12:37 PM   #141
S-3 Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sisterdale, Barnhart , presidio , tiviolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
Looks like the Hood County Today FB page is running updates on they situation

https://www.facebook.com/HoodCountyToday/
“” As should be expected there are high emotions on all sides of the emerging incident regarding Mr. Cormier. I urge calm so that my office's investigation can run its legal course to a natural conclusion. I assure you we are moving forward on this investigation with intentionality.

I want to clarify a bit of information to correct those on social media with zero direct knowledge of this incident or the law, yet attempt to speak with authority.

The Reportee in this case obtained his documentation in a legally accepted and ethical manner. Any claim that he obtained Mr. Cormier's DD214 in an illegal or unethical manner is demonstrably false.

My office has obtained its own copies of Mr. Cormier's documents directly through accepted Government channels in furtherance of our official investigation.

I would caution people from attempting to influence potential witnesses from freely testifying to what they have knowledge of. Witness tampering or intimidation will not be tolerated and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I would also encourage anyone with direct knowledge of this case, or any other relevant information, to contact my office.

Constable John D. Shirley

1 Share
Comment
Comments

Hood County Today
May 7 at 9:02 AM ·

Hood County Constable, Precinct 2
May 5 at 6:31 PM
UPDATE:

Pecan Plantation Owners Association General Manager Phillip Edward Cormier, the suspect in our investigation announced yesterday, voluntarily resigned from his position earlier today.

My office's investigation will continue to its legal conclusion.

———————-

On April 29th, 2022, my office was contacted by a concerned citizen regarding a legitimate allegation of possible Stolen Valor involving personal enrichment through claiming of unearned military honors.

At the specific request of the reportee, my office is investigating this allegation.

My office is a full-service law enforcement agency, and fully empowered by State Law to investigate all crimes within my jurisdiction. The lead investigator on this issue is a multi-decade investigator & decorated veteran of the United States Military, and I am a Certified Fraud Examiner and multi-decade investigator with a major law enforcement agency.

Every person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Every legitimate allegation of criminal conduct will be investigated to its legal conclusion.””
S-3 Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 01:18 PM   #142
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Anyone who completes basic training on the Federal side is issued a DD214. If they transition directly into the National Guard they are issued an NGD22.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2022, 03:25 PM   #143
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Well in other news....I was ordering a 1st Mar Div sticker for my truck and they accidentally sent me a Delta Force sticker. Feeling kind a cute....might just put it on my truck since it wasn't my fault. Now if I could get the money for my third and final session on the SEAL trident tattoo...my life would be complete.

There is NO Delta. Also, what did you do with your 15 standard issue USMC vehicle stickers you were given upon ETS?

Last edited by Ætheling; 05-10-2022 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-10-2022, 04:41 PM   #144
Chew
Pope & Young

Quote:
There is NO Delta. Also, what did you do with your 15 standard issue USMC vehicle stickers you were given upon ETS?

I had those during the delayed entry program. Not so much afterwards.
Old 05-10-2022, 05:35 PM   #145
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Quote:
I had those during the delayed entry program. Not so much afterwards.

Haha.

Old 05-10-2022, 06:55 PM   #146
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise Co.

Quote:
That’ll go good with your 82nd Airborne Special Forces tattoo.
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top