Any Surfers Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Surfers Here?

I am looking for someone who knows a thing or two about surf boards that can recommend a few different make/model of longboards. Has to be a longboard. Looking for something by a well known upper tier maker/shaper.

Thanks in advance!

How big is the surfer? Experience?

Comment

Walden makes good logs

Comment

Look up rise surf shop on Dixie dr. in Clute. Also if you have Facebook you can find them on there.

Comment

how big is the surfer like wt ht

I have like 5 boards im selling at the moment but all are short performance 6ft and under-
          Also have a nice coffin triple board bag

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
            How big is the surfer? Experience?
            Originally posted by kingranch View Post
            how big is the surfer like wt ht
            I am not the best at guessing ht/wt but my guess would be between 5'6" - 5'8" and between 180 - 200 lbs.

Tons of experience.

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
            Walden makes good logs
            Thanks, will look at them.

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
            Look up rise surf shop on Dixie dr. in Clute. Also if you have Facebook you can find them on there.
            We have been there. They had a couple nice longboards. Just trying to do more research now.

We are looking at Robert August longboards and at Stamps longboards. Any opinions on these? Any others we need to be looking at?

Appreciate the help.

Comment

I know Robert august to be quality.

Comment

fry surf boards if they are still around love mine

Comment

Im 250 and 6'4, I can ONLY longboard lol. Man o man I do miss that type of fun. If you have ever been hurricane riding that is something else. Would be cool to do the ship channel thing also. Its supposed to be the longest wave in the world. I have no recommendations, someone stole my board out of my garage 10 years ago and it had no markings left on it when it was given to me.

Comment

Walden makes good logs
                    Strange thing to brag about...
                    Well actually, at my age and current struggle in that regard, nevermind...bully for him! [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven’t surfed in 35 years so not up date on all the makers now, so no help from me there. I just see rise surf shop on my way to work all the time so thought I would throw them out there. Anything in Galveston or Clearlake area sell customs?

Comment

I know Robert august to be quality.

We used a 9'6 Robert August back in the day. was a pain to carry to the beach but man that thing was like riding on a flatbed trailer.

Could surf a 1' wave easily.

Comment

August surfboards, Stewart, Warner, Waldon’s will set you back $800-1K plus new. Maybe you should look used, nothing shorter than 9 foot. Don’t over look the new soft top boards. They are less expensive, especially if you only think you want to try surfing. Just don’t buy one of those Bic brands. Personally, I like the 8 foot Stewart 949. They are more high performance mid-length type of a board, that ride like a short board. I still surf at 71 years of age, but started when I was 14. Still chased storms last year. However, knee replacement this September has slowed me a bit. Finally got back in the water three weeks ago and this week had my best sessions. Of course, rode the 9 foot August for stability, but this week surfed the Stewart. Boards are a lot like bows. They are all quality once price rises above 800.00. Choose a well taken care of, affordable used surfboard. You will be glad you did.
                          Last edited by gatt40; 05-04-2022, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Appreciate all the input guys.

Thoughts on this Robert August What I Ride 9'6"?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice board and I agree with Gatt40... the four he listed all make quality boards.

Comment

Working...
                              X