Photo Contest #103 - Wide Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Contest #103 - Wide Open

Instead of a specific theme this month I'm going to call this open category for this month. Whatever suits your fancy. Too early for spring stuff and everything is dormant so use your imagination. Since there is no specific theme post any of your work.

This is not the official entry thread but please make note of the contest rules by looking a post #1 and #5 on this thread. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ad.php?t=37549

Thanks again everyone and good luck choosing your subject.

Cool idea!

Comment

Comment

I thought, by the title, that is was going to be an exercise in large aperture shots.

I need to get back in the game. I'll see if I can put my camera to work this month.

Comment

Some pics on my work comp
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Patton; 02-03-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              I thought, by the title, that is was going to be an exercise in large aperture shots.

That is what I thought also. I mean what else does wide open refer to

Last edited by Texun1; 02-03-2014, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I haven't had my camera out much lately. I did shoot some basketball last week. Zach has a baseball game later this week, so maybe I'll get a shot or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

I need to get back in the game. I'll see if I can put my camera to work this month.
                  Been kind of wondering what happened? After that BIG OLD RAM hunt, things like shooting.... camera gear - bow - the breeze - has been kinda tough to top?!?!?!?

LOL!

YOU CAN DO IT SHANE!

Comment

This one went as wide as the lens would go in the most wide open space that I could find!!!
                    Last edited by AtTheWall; 02-03-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

[attach]595895
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                        Been kind of wondering what happened? After that BIG OLD RAM hunt, things like shooting.... camera gear - bow - the breeze - has been kinda tough to top?!?!?!?

LOL!

YOU CAN DO IT SHANE!
                        I have shot thousands of pics since the ram hunt, but mostly football. Processing 300-400 pics per weekend gets to feeling kinda like work.

I took a break after football, since Zach decided not to play basketball this year. We hunted as much as we could, and I was more focused on hunting than taking pictures. I did get up to the school to get some pics of the last home game of the season. Sports photos is something I do to give something back to our school and the other families, so I needed to get at least one game in for basketball. Our boys team will likely make it to the state tournament, so I'll definitely be there for that if they make it. Then baseball....

I don't cull too heavily in my game photos, in order to give parents as many pics of their kids as possible. I batch edit them in Lr, but I do crop most of them individually to make them look better. It takes a few hours per game. It does kinda make me less likely to go out and take outdoor shots for fun. But I enjoy the sports photography too. After Zach graduates in 2016, I'll hang up my volunteer sports photographer hat though, and I'll be doing more outdoor stuff that I like the most. Those canyons and sunsets will still be there, but these kids won't be kids forever.

Comment

Yes that's work but it's good work and many are grateful you are doing it! KUDOS!

Have a friend in Denver that does that same deal and makes money at it. He covers games and such and sells the prints via a web portal.

Haven't been too inspired but I'll get the gears engaged in the next few weeks as things start to warm and green up a bit. Since Bill left this month as a wide open forum, the logistics to shoot something-anything are low key and low pressure. May make a road trip one of these upcoming weekends to check new scenes and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangefinder View Post
                            [attach]595895
                            N I C E shot!!

Comment

Here's one I particularly like from a recent trip to West Texas. I'll see if I have others to post later.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X