LRGV East Lake Unit. Live hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LRGV East Lake Unit. Live hunt

I'm not much on posting or doing live hunts but figured I'd give it a try. I think we are going to have good cell service so here it goes.

Glen, his son, and I were drawn for a deer/ nilgai hunt this weekend at the East lake unit. It's a muzzleloader hunt for deer, hogs, and nilgai. Hunt starts tomorrow morning and lasts till sunday evening. We are concentrating on the nilgai but if a good buck comes by he might end up in the ice chest too!

We left my lease in Victoria this morning loaded up with 3 bycicles, multiple ice chests, and enough other gear for for a couple week long trip! First stop was fuel and "authentic" breakfast tacos! . Then it was a fairly quick trip to Ramondville.
    Attached Files

In and good luck. This should be a good one!

Comment

I hunted that one last year and had a blast. Lots of nilgai sign. Saw a nice 8pt but didn't give me a shot opportunity. Also saw a cow 250yds away. I tried to close the distance but she busted me during the stalk. I'm sure it'll be a successful hunt for you all. Good luck to you all.

I'm 20min away from East Lake so if you all need anything let me know.

Comment

Scouting is allowed before the hunt so after we got checked into the hotel we got busy. I learned that riding the dirt roads was definitely different than the streets in my neighborhood but we got it done. Glen and his other son succesfully hunted this area last year so he had a plan for us. We got 3 spots set and ready for in the morning. Long day but we had a great dinner and back at the hotel.

More in the morning when we get this going!
        Attached Files

Comment

Boy!...you said you'd be packing light... light my arse That little trailer holding up? Good luck guys.

Comment

Good luck this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
              I hunted that one last year and had a blast. Lots of nilgai sign. Saw a nice 8pt but didn't give me a shot opportunity. Also saw a cow 250yds away. I tried to close the distance but she busted me during the stalk. I'm sure it'll be a successful hunt for you all. Good luck to you all.

I'm 20min away from East Lake so if you all need anything let me know.
              Thank you! It's nice to know theres a friendly in the area if we get in a bind!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                Boy!...you said you'd be packing light... light my arse That little trailer holding up? Good luck guys.
                Yea wasn't nothing light today! Trailer did great! Hopefully it will make a trip back out with some meat tomorrow!

Comment

Good luck yall!

Comment

Good luck Doug, hope you bust one.

Comment

Good luck guys.
                      I’ll be looking for updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck guys. Tough hunt and parcel. My youngest drew last year. Had a great hunt and saw some animals but never connected. Kicked our butts. Last night a bout sundown we had a 140s 8 pt walk at at 45 yards. He raised his rifle twice and passed. We still replay it. He still makes the same decision stating how tired we were. Didn't get drawn this year but we wanna go back! Pulling for you guys!

Comment

Good luck guys, looking forward to some good stories and the LDPs!

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

You girls do us proud! I want to see pitchers of y'all hauling a big arse Nilgai out on those bicycles!

Good luck!!!

Comment

I’m so in!

Comment

Working...
                              X