Tyhp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
    He needs a hunting license and hunters education prior to going on a TYHP hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes Sir. Got that done 2 weeks ago. I sent off copies of both to TYHP the Tuesday after he completed the hunter Ed course.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      They just posted a link on their facebook page for some hunts that are less than 4 weeks away. That doesn't give people much time to get squared away.
      Some kids might not have hunters ed yet. I'm taking my daughter this weekend to sight her rifle in. If they choose next week, it only leaves me two weekend to get that done.
      Be prepared for this, they will call last minute if they have hunters drop out of hunts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        Be prepared for this, they will call last minute if they have hunters drop out of hunts as well.
        Yes sir that will happen.

I know they had at least 3 (probably more) separate times last year that people would apparently drop out from a hunt at the last minute. I received phone calls or email from their office literally the week of the hunt wanting to know if I could go. All three of the hunts were hunts I had put my son in for prior to the original drawing deadline (we didn't draw the hunt). I could only do one of the three hunts because I had made new plans since we didn't originally draw the hunt.
        Last edited by BradBryant1000; 09-09-2020, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          They just posted a link on their facebook page for some hunts that are less than 4 weeks away. That doesn't give people much time to get squared away.
          Some kids might not have hunters ed yet. I'm taking my daughter this weekend to sight her rifle in. If they choose next week, it only leaves me two weekend to get that done.
          Thanks for the info. I’ll call them in morning to see if I can sign them up without FB. Hopefully I can get them in the drawing.

Comment

I tried the FB route but didn’t see any information on the ranches listed. Did I miss it somewhere?

Comment

This is the list of hunts they posted. More to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                Thanks for the info. I’ll call them in morning to see if I can sign them up without FB. Hopefully I can get them in the drawing.

Here is the google doc's link to sign up. You enter the hunters and your info on page 1 and select hunts on page 2.

Comment

Ironic this was posted as I was just thinking about it today

I have a couple more years until my daughter turns 9

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                    Here is the google doc's link to sign up. You enter the hunters and your info on page 1 and select hunts on page 2.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...-s2Pw/viewform
                    Thanks! Got them entered for one of the hunts.

Comment

My son got selected for Flat Ranch in Coryell County!

Comment

Originally posted by popo1984 View Post
                        My son got selected for Flat Ranch in Coryell County!
                        good lick on the hunt it should be a great time

Comment

The TYHP program is a great program! My son and I attended last year and he dropped this doe in its tracks at about 100 yards. His first time actually harvesting an animal. That smiles says it all and it also gives him a sense of accomplishment knowing we are eating his harvest on some meals.
                          Last edited by piercebronkite; 09-10-2020, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I understand the liability problems but I'll be honest with those rules in place it kind of ruins it for us an we won't be participating in the program this year. Hopefully next year things will be more back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                                I understand the liability problems but I'll be honest with those rules in place it kind of ruins it for us an we won't be participating in the program this year. Hopefully next year things will be more back to normal.
                                Some of this isn’t any different than what they are doing in the more crowded school districts. The program has to work with landowners and cover their liability.

What they came up with to me seems reasonable. If I had a youth who hasn't had much hunting experience and doesn’t have access to a lease or other means, I wouldn’t let these procedures stop me from taking them.

My youngest was lucky enough to win some TXPWD hunts and has other opportunities this year, otherwise I’d be signing him up with TYHP for sure.

They need hunters in years like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X