lets talk bowstrings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets talk bowstrings

what is everyone using and why?.... still have the factory strings on my rx4 alpha, thinking its gonna be time to change em after this year.

who makes the fastest most reliable out there in your opinion?

I was a fan of Korbins when he was a sponsor then went to 60X on my last bow. I talked to the shop I got my Solution from and they told me 60X and GAS aren't what they used to be. They recommended Vaportrail, I don't know who I'm going to go with for my next set and would love to hear opinions as well.

Comment

We use Vaportrail and Barnburner strings for all our restrings at B2B. Vaportrail has been a consistent quality string with fast shipping and great customer service. I only order their top line VTX string. Barnburner uses 452X string and their colors and durability are fantastic. We have yet to have any real issues with either company and the quality of their strings. Vaportrail has a faster shipping time than Barnburner. I would recommend either.

Comment

I put Stone Mountain on all of my bows. I just like the way they hold and shoot.

Comment

My last string was ABB per the recommendation of the pro shop staff I went to.

Comment

I've went with Twisted X bowstrings for my last 2 sets and have been really happy with them. Before that Ive used 60x, gas and Korbins and will say the Twisted X have been better quality and seem to hold up better.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Comment

John’s Custom Archery, aka “Breathn”.

Bar none the best threads I’ve ever ran on a bow. Once you put them on, you don’t have to mess with them till they’re done. No stretching, no peep twist, durable.

Most of these other more popular brands have techs building their strings and cables. John builds every set himself. He is a bow wizard to boot. Highly recommend him.

Comment

I'm using zebra and love them. The best string I ever had was made at Bill Pellegrinos shop in Colorado Springs...

Comment

I ordered a pair of 60x about a year ago and and put them on myself. I have been happy with them thus far.

Comment

lets talk bowstrings

Phantom Custom strings.

Matt Carter is the son of Mike Carter and he’s been making strings for a long time. Mike used to be “Crackers” on AT and does a lot of tuning for folks that send their bows in to get “Crackerized.” I never have, but I’ve put on several sets of their strings.

I have a set of their waxless bloodline strings on my traverse that I have put through hell. I have just now started to see some fraying, but not enough to justify replacing them.

He has a 1 year no questions asked warranty. I’m talking like if you cut the string with your knife while redoing a peep type of deal - it’s warrantied. He also warranties against peep rotation. After turkey season I checked my ATA after the course of a year from the previous deer season.

I prefer to setup my bow 1/16 - 1/8th short on the ATA so if the string stretches, I’m still in spec.

My traverse was right at 33 ATA which is spot on.

I usually don’t get more than a season out of my strings because I drag them through hell on public land. GAS and Vaportrail have not been anywhere near as durable as these.

The bloodline material is a little weird to serve, as it’s super slick because of the coating so you have to take extra wraps to get it to bite but that’s the only real issue I’ve ran into with em.
                    Last edited by Kirby86; 09-20-2022, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Catfish customs

Comment

I’ve been happy with the last 3 sets of 60x that I have put on mine.

Comment

I've used Catfish and ABB and had good luck with both. Will probably use ABB for my next restring.

Comment

Catfish customs or 60x

Comment

I have used GAS, 60x, and Catfish Customs. I will continue to use Catfish going forward as they are great quality and can get them to me in a timely fashion.

Comment

Working...
                              X