$744 to replace spark plugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$744 to replace spark plugs?

I took my 08 Tundra to a local shop for a different issue but one of their suggestions/quotes was to change the spark plugs….for $744. I figure probably $120ish for the plugs…which leaves a lot for labor. It’s never taken me very long to do it myself and from a quick google this price seems excessive. Just thought this was kind of crazy, but maybe that’s the going rate these days.

It sounds nuts

Comment

I have a Porsche 911. Shop quoted me $1,200 for parts and labors for spark plugs and coil packs. I bought spark plugs and coils packs for $120 and did it myself. Labor kills you on your price but that’s about right. It’s not hard to do yourself

Comment

^^^you think that's about right?! Lol. My 09 tundra takes about 15 minutes to do. What motor? Hourly rate? How many hours? Sounds like they tried to pull a fast one. You must of had 100 bills hanging out your pocket when you went in

Comment

They had to of quoted coils as well. If not that’s absurd.

Comment

The shop by my house wanted $400 but that came with a "fuel" system clean as well.

Oh, and the $400 did not include any ignition coils if they needed to be replaced.

Going to do this job myself this weekend.

Comment

I always figured labor to be a little more than the parts on most simple auto repair. That is crazy high!

Comment

Originally posted by LarryP_1989 View Post
                They had to of quoted coils as well. If not that’s absurd.
                Nope, just plugs. I agree, if coils were included that would have made sense.

Comment

My old f150 had the plugs that would break off, It was $500 for the dealership to do just the plugs. If one broke it was $100 for the extractions.

Comment

Even with coils that price is stupid.

Comment

Year make and model? What’s the owner manual say for time and miles replacement?

Comment

I did plugs and coils on a v10 triton in a motorhome and would gladly pay $744 VS doing it again. Was the biggest pain in the a** getting to the plugs. I have no idea if the tundra is similar or not.

Comment

I just took my daughters 2010 f150 in for brakes
                          One of the front calipers just came apart so for two new calipers , pads and new rotors On the front they quoted me $1200

Called Christian brothers and tbey quoted me $1700 to do all 4

Took it down the road to another guy I’ve used in the past he did all four for $950 which after parts is still about $450 In labor

You have to shop around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Some places will take advantage of you

Maybe I need to start changing plugs and pick up some side $$$.
                            One vehicle a night a few times a week I might be able to go on a moose hunt

I try and work on my own stuff every chance I get

Comment

Who did you call Christian Brothers?

Comment

Working...
                              X