Headed to California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed to California

Those of yall that hang out in classifieds already know, I'm headed to California in a couple weeks. I've sold a lot of items in the past week. Thanks to all that indulged me. I now only have a bit more than 1000 posts to make the big club. Knew I wouldn't get there.

I was bred, born and raised in Texas. I raised my son in Texas and have been at the same house for 28 years. Leaving is not easy or taken lightly. But, this is a good thing. I'll be the Engineering Director at Virgin Galactic. That's the Richard Branson company that put folks into orbit.

I'll be moving to Orange County. I'm told they think a lot like most of us - sometimes I wonder if all of us think the same . I've heard the groans when I say California. But they do have hunting and fishing. I'll figure all this out. This is a new adventure and I'm ready.

Once I leave, I'm sure I'll be pretty busy. If I do anything significant hunting wise, I'll try to update. While I've read posts and contributed to the camp fire when I had something significant - I learned a while back sometime the back button is the best choice, I usually just offer congrats to those (particularly kids) successes.

Just wanted to say best wishes and later days. Thx, dk

Best of luck to you out west and don't be a stranger just cuz you are out of Texas!! You can still get that post count up!!!

Comment

Man sounds like a heck of a gig and you’re still a Texan, go tear it up bud. Best of luck and be safe out there.

Comment

Traitor!

Sounds like a wicked gig. I wish you the best out west with the lefties. It’ll be a terrific adventure!

Comment

Best to ya , my sister lived in Newport Beach and I really liked it there, her husband’s job had them move to Toluca lake / north Los Angeles, it’s night and day !!

P.S
          California just passed big pro EV policy today
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-25-2022, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Everywhere is what you make it. I'm sure it will be fine. Weather is great there

Comment

California is a gorgeous state. There are people with less than ideal agendas. Which has been a huge demise in the state. I encourage you to travel way north. And way south. East and West. Take it all in.

Comment

Forgot to add, California is the birth place of hotrodding. Race shops. The icon long forgotten days of America. Visit those places. Take Hwy 1 from south to north. Hit the remaining dives. Lots of Americana there.

Comment

My God bless your next chapter in life.

Comment

Good Luck and show them what Texans are all about!

Comment

Best wishes for your future.

Please tell everyone there that Texas sucks and you left as fast as you could.

Comment

wow.......now that is impressive and needs ZERO explanation. Enjoy the ride as life is a one way trip!

Comment

Headed to California

D12 and D14 are pretty easy mule deer draws
                          Lots of public land

The quail and chukar hunting in the high desert are unmatched

Pretty good duck hunting out by Colorado river and imperial valley

We would fish the canals during quail and duck season
                          Puddle jumper’s ducks while driving coveys of quail
                          Fish for flat heads while not hunting

I can put you in touch with lots of like minded folks if you ever need anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Sparkles; 08-25-2022, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Sounds like an awesome job but personally there isn’t one awesome enough to me to move to California.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Welcome from another TX to CA transplant! I’m in Bakersfield home of the Bakersfield Sound, Merle, and Buck Owens.

Like you and others have said, the bird hunting is fantastic. Fishing isn’t bad either [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X