Angel Fire Red River Cat Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angel Fire Red River Cat Question

Well to start this off, best vacation in so many years. Spending the week in Angle fire and Enchanted Circle. We have done so much topping it off today with renting a SxS out of Red River doing some of the trails. We have jeeped many in Colorado, but this was also really fun. Anyway to the cat question, this evening we decided to drive up some of the road in the Angel fire development that "looked" like it went all the way to the top of Chili Express. Top O the Mountain, holy cow they ran roads and all utilities all the way to top, anyway came across this cat that sure looked like a Lynx. Let me know what you think, and my next $5M dollars is going into a house on the back side in some of those meadows, Elk and Mule deer everywhere...
    Attached Files

Bobcat

Comment

Bobcat.

Comment

I say lynx.

Comment

I have seen lots of Bobcats in my life, this thing had black hair in a point coming out of its ears or something. Maybe it is just a Bobcat, was hoping it was something I had never seen before. Sure was cool though.

Comment

I retract my statement. His tail is too long for a lynx. Bobcat.

Comment

Bobcat on left
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                I say lynx.

Technically you’re right, a bobcat is a “Red Lynx” [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

bobcat. They can just be bigger and fluffier in the mountains!

Comment

Which road are you talking about exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
                      Which road are you talking about exactly?
                      That pic was taken on Ute Mountain Lane I believe, but we drove all the way up to Happy Trail where they have finished construction at this point. All of it is crazy nice, from the plat it looks like they are planning at some point to develop all the way back around the terrain park on the back side of the mountain. Driving up from town is about 30 minutes and heck, I can only dream about jumping on my Ranger riding he roads on a booze cruise taking pictures of wildlife. It is an expense foe whomever did it, I would imagine some sort of Fund or Trust, generations type of deal. Its only like maybe 7-10% built out.

Comment

Bobcat imo

Comment

There are definitely lynx in New Mexico. So I say a lynx

Comment

For sure a Bobcat. Lynx are very rare anywhere in New Mexico. I don't know the exact number of Lynx in that State but I doubt very many at all. Not enough that you're likely to wonder across one.

Google says less than 60 since 2014. There's probably more Sasquatch sightings in New Mexico every year than Lynx
                            Last edited by okrattler; 07-27-2022, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                              That pic was taken on Ute Mountain Lane I believe, but we drove all the way up to Happy Trail where they have finished construction at this point. All of it is crazy nice, from the plat it looks like they are planning at some point to develop all the way back around the terrain park on the back side of the mountain. Driving up from town is about 30 minutes and heck, I can only dream about jumping on my Ranger riding he roads on a booze cruise taking pictures of wildlife. It is an expense foe whomever did it, I would imagine some sort of Fund or Trust, generations type of deal. Its only like maybe 7-10% built out.

Thanks I’ll check it out next time I’m there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X