Best RV holding tank treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best RV holding tank treatment

I need to treat my buddies RV holding tank, does home septic tank packs work?
    Or is the rv stuff better?

I would think you would want to use the blue liquid that is made for an RV black water holding tank.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I used several and still had the raunchy smell occasionally even after using the built in tank sprayers. I used the blue liquid mentioned above and my smells are gone.

Comment

Here is what I started with
        Unique RV Digest - https://uniquecampingmarine.com/page...QaAm98EALw_wcB

You need to let the tank be as full as you can with water and let it sit, the longer is sits the better... I let is sit at least 24hrs then dump

Then I move to this...

Happy Camper for regular use - keeps the smell down

Happy Campers — The RV Holding Tank Treatment Trusted by More Than 10,000 Happy Campers to Eliminate Tank Odors Completely. Find Out for Yourself.

I put it in a 5gal bucket. Its good for either the black or gray tank.
        Last edited by Todd P; 07-27-2022, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
          I need to treat my buddies RV holding tank, does home septic tank packs work?
          Or is the rv stuff better?

Do a search on YouTube and there is a guy with a method of borax and dawn dishsoap mixture that works. The reviews and comments are very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
            Do a search on YouTube and there is a guy with a method of borax and dawn dishsoap mixture that works. The reviews and comments are very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the bio-geo method several times a year when I will be in full hookups so I can drain when I get there. Works great. We have used the blue Thetford packets with no problems.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUWGlm2gQfE"]Easily stop holding tank smells in your RV in three easy steps! - YouTube[/ame]

I recently read about and bought some of the Unique product to give a try. It is supposed to break down solids very well.

Comment

I have used Happy Camper for several years. My dad has been using it for 12 years and never an issue or clog. They spend about 4 months a year in their trailer.

Comment

Happy camper

Comment

Originally posted by Todd P View Post
                  Here is what I started with
                  Unique RV Digest - https://uniquecampingmarine.com/page...QaAm98EALw_wcB

You need to let the tank be as full as you can with water and let it sit, the longer is sits the better... I let is sit at least 24hrs then dump

Then I move to this...

Happy Camper for regular use - keeps the smell down

Happy Campers — The RV Holding Tank Treatment Trusted by More Than 10,000 Happy Campers to Eliminate Tank Odors Completely. Find Out for Yourself.

I put it in a 5gal bucket. Its good for either the black or gray tank.
                  Never used the Happy Camper stuff, but I can vouch for Unique. Works as advertised.

Comment

Happy Camper

Comment

Been full timing in an RV for a year now with my wife and daughter. I typically dump the black tank once a week, and do the black tank flush as well. We have been using Happy Camper the entire time and haven’t had an issue with any smells.

Comment

I’ve heard you can put a couple gallons of water and several bags of ice in it when on your way home after dumping. The ice sharp edges are supposed to cut loose what ever is stuck to your tank.

Comment

I tried a bunch of them and Campers Friend is the best.

That judgement is based on smell and flushing black tank through a clear fitting and watching how many solids are still solid

Comment

Originally posted by KGreene View Post
                            I’ve heard you can put a couple gallons of water and several bags of ice in it when on your way home after dumping. The ice sharp edges are supposed to cut loose what ever is stuck to your tank.
                            Do this and we also add 1/2 cup of dish soap and about 1/2 cup of liquid fabric softener, it will clean your probs and will make it easier to dump tanks. It will flow better.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              I tried a bunch of them and Campers Friend is the best.

That judgement is based on smell and flushing black tank through a clear fitting and watching how many solids are still solid

Meant Happy Camper

Comment

Working...
                              X