"All Inclusive Resort" Recommendation Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"All Inclusive Resort" Recommendation Needed

Me and the wife love going on cruises and recently thought about trying out a all-inclusive resort. Would probably prefer Mexico on the Pacific side, but are open to suggestions.

1. Any recommendations on where to to go or where NOT to go?

2. Who did you book your trip with?

Thanks!

Only one I've been to is Sandals Antigua and it was awesome. We booked directly with them, it was a beautiful resort and all of the staff was great. Only down side is there were a lot of people selling crap on the beach and at night they'd hang out by the entrances to the beaching offering "party favors", but from what I've heard that happens at a lot of the resort towns

Comment

We've gone to Cabo twice and stayed at the Riu Palace both times.
      There may be better resorts, but you'd be hard pressed to convince us to go anywhere else. When (not if) we go back, that'll be our resort again.

Comment

Never been but several friends have been to excelence sp? And love them

Comment

We went to sandals Antigua. It was freakin awesome, as long as you stay within the resort

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
            We went to sandals Antigua. It was freakin awesome, as long as you stay within the resort
            What goes on outside the resort? And how do you get to resort is it safe travels?

Comment

Riu Palace in Cabo. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

I'm at Secrets Puerto Los Cabos right now. The wife and I love it. Booked through Costco. We upgraded to a private ride from the airport which was very very nice. You can do that through Costco or Amstar if you book direct.

We've been to Secrets Puerto Los Cabos, Chic Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) and Secrets the vine in Cancun as well as three Caribbean cruises and a non all inclusive in Belize. This is far and away our favorite trip, would definitely recommend it. The only downside to this place is the resort is HUGE and caters to corporate events plus you can't swim in the ocean (last hurricane knocked out the sand and made the waves CRAZY).

San Jose del Cabo is the safest I've felt outside the US, wife agrees. Very limited access to the resort not many beach hawkers, and the town itself is clean and wealthy. Whether you come to Secrets or not, Los Cabos trumps any Caribbean place we've been. I hear Pacifico something in Los Cabos is a much quieter resort, but the wife and I would definitely come back to Secrets if we get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkarcher159 View Post
                  Me and the wife love going on cruises and recently thought about trying out a all-inclusive resort. Would probably prefer Mexico on the Pacific side, but are open to suggestions.

1. Any recommendations on where to to go or where NOT to go?

2. Who did you book your trip with?

Thanks!

Buyer beware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Riu's are nice and well managed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have been to club excellence at playa mujeres twice and are going back in June. Amazing food, amazing rooms, no peddlers or salesman, lazy river, and adults only. There might be better places but not for us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Grande St Lucian. very nice place, adults only, no beach hawkers except in small boats outside the swimming area. I would again get the room upgrade where you can go off your back porch into the pool. That package will come with bottle service to the room incase you and momma want to have some alone time.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          What goes on outside the resort? And how do you get to resort is it safe travels?
                          The travel to the resort is fine, you just need to forget everything you know about driving a vehicle, because that shuttle driver zips through those streets like he is in and installment of fast and furious. As far as being safe, the locals just told us to keep our wallets and such in our hotel room safe while going outside the resort. The only time we left was for a horseback ride, and once you get into the countryside past the slum looking places, it is fine. We weren't afraid for our lives or anything, but it was definitely not the most comfortable I have felt walking around a town.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            depending on what part of the island you go to it gets bad pretty quick but we didn't have any issues staying to the main areas likensomenofnthe markets and tourist areas.

First couple days every time we would go to the beach would have people trying to sell us crap all day. By the end of day 2 they realized we weren't buying anything and left us alone for the week

The resort has a shuttle that will get you at the airport. Their airport has a bunch of people that look like baggage handlers but they don't work for the airport or resort and will grab your bag "for you" and then demand a tip.

Comment

bookit.com has some of the best deals i've found.

Went to Playa Del Carmen last year for 4 nights at a an upscale adults only resort for around $1350 including round trip, non-stop flights on american airlines out of DFW

I highly recommend the Paradisus by Melia resorts and get the "Royal Service". For only a hundred or so more you get a private butler/conceirge that handles all travel, reservations, etc. I was in a group of 16 ppl and they gave us all cell phones with our individual butlers number and the number of all of our friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X