No announcement yet.

Homer Martin Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went there quite a few years back and had a real good time. I shot a 10pt, 3pt, and a doe in 2 sittings. Friend that went with me shot a real good 9pt as well. Good place and good guy running it.

Comment

I used to work with a Homer Martin about 10 yrs ago in the Air Guard. No idea if its the same person or not, but thought id toss that out there

Comment

My groups hunt starts this friday the 24th!! Can't wait!! anybody know what the cull buck regulations have to be? Also were the deer coming to corn good, since there are very few acorns?

Comment

Cull Bucks

They were coming good to corn, but the weather was warm when we were there.

As for the culls, Joe will give you what he considers a "cull", but from what I recall it was a 4.5 or 5.5 year old that not at least an 8 point.

My son shot the 7 point that had been seen previously by Joe when Joe gave the "green light" to shoot it.

Comment

Thanks!! I will post the results of our hunt when I get back!! Hopefully some good pics too!!

Comment

Need them reports....

Yes, Please give reports on number of good deer being seen, and what the pattern seems to be.

DV

Comment

Any Updates....?

Any updates for Homer's Place?

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

update

Went last week. Windy on 2 days. Saw some shooter bucks. Deer on the move. Killed good 9 point. Should score in mid 130's. Good cull bucks to be had. Had a great time.
                    Attached Files

Comment

thanks for update, will be heading up there next week.

Comment

Steve,
                        I put the tape on your buck last night at Kent's and measured it to the 1/16 and rounded up to the nearest 1/8 and got 132 on the dot. That is a gross score but there should be very little deductions so he should be a net poper for sure...I am not an official scorer so after the 60 days drying, you can get Ronny Strickland to score it again. Outstanding buck you shot there and congrats.
                        Cody

Comment

Thanks, Cody
                          I appreciate you scoring the deer for me.

Comment

Awsome deer Steve.

Comment

Nice deer, which pasture did you shoot him in?

Comment

Hey! Jimbo,

Got him on top near 16.

Comment

Working...
                                X