Releases: Index v Thumb v Back Tension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
    Yeah I mean its almost intelligent design . God knew us archers would need the help
    Amen!

Comment

You have my attention now. My shoulders need all the help they can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
        It’s day and night over an index! The only thing close as far as extra strength is the Winn free flight but they don’t make them anymore! I just happen to have one and that’s what I’ll finish WT season out with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
          Here's some light reading, and you can find a lot on your own, just google grip and rotator cuff activation.

Sometimes a shoulder injury isn’t just a shoulder injury. What if your grip was playing a role? And why wouldn’t it? In CrossFit, we grip everything ! The barbell, the rig, the rower, the jump rope, the kettlebell, the dumbbell… We cannot ignore how we grip and the influence this has on shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
            Here's some light reading, and you can find a lot on your own, just google grip and rotator cuff activation.

Sometimes a shoulder injury isn’t just a shoulder injury. What if your grip was playing a role? And why wouldn’t it? In CrossFit, we grip everything ! The barbell, the rig, the rower, the jump rope, the kettlebell, the dumbbell… We cannot ignore how we grip and the influence this has on shoulder

https://ptj.uswr.ac.ir/article-1-116-en.pdf
            Awesome information! I really appreciate it! I really could use a theraband!

Comment

Loneaggie and Bucknaked, thank you for the awesome info! This is great. OP, apologies if I derailed your thread, but seems like reducing shoulder issues would be a huge Pro for these types of releases over indexes

Comment

No apologies necessary. This has all been great, and I’m glad it’s been helpful to more than just me! I’ll report back on the thumb button after I’ve shot it for a week or so. Thanks again, y’all!

Comment

Kicking this thread up again since I am thinking about switching from an index to a thumb release. Any comments or input from someone that has made the switch?

Comment

I switched from index(Scott little goose) to thumb(Carter Chocolate addiction 3 finger) several years ago and have liked it. The main thing I switched for was so I could clip the release on my bow and not have the strap on my wrist banging around all the time. It’s worked well for that and I don’t plan on going back. We just got back from AZ mule deer and on a stalk when I was 80 yards from a buck it was hard to know what to do with my release. I couldn’t clip it to the string because it would be loud. It was loud in my pocket and I couldn’t hold it because I needed my rangefinder. That was the only time it’s ever been any kind of hinderance. Just my experience

Comment

Working...
                    X