Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    I left it just like that

Hopefully it comes back for another smell or another one comes along and knows where to step

Made me some sand/peat mix yesterday to use. Found a 5gallon bucket of gopher mound dirt that sat all summer. Used the drill auger to loosen it up, then alternated it and peat through the sifter to fill another bucket 2/3 full
    You’re really going to like that mix. I mix mine 50/50 river sand & peat moss and bed the trap in it with a 1/2” rubber foam “under all” then about 1/2” to 3/4” 50/50 mix over the pan then top with a sprinkle of local soul/ruff to blend. It will survive a really hard rain and you’ll have no issues with the trap firing wet or dry. With our local clay dirt I would have to re-bed almost every trap after a really hard rain but no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
      A quick search found those spikes for $1.40 each.
      Is that what you gave for them?
      Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
      They are sold on Southersnares.com for $1 each or 100 for $90 . I just placed an order for 100.
      I was thinking that next Sept if I get back up to Arkansas for the dove hunt I would ask the farmer if he had any. Don't know what they do with them but given the amount of cotton they grow I bet he goes through them

You’re really going to like that mix. I mix mine 50/50 river sand & peat moss and bed the trap in it with a 1/2” rubber foam “under all” then about 1/2” to 3/4” 50/50 mix over the pan then top with a sprinkle of local soul/ruff to blend. It will survive a really hard rain and you’ll have no issues with the trap firing wet or dry. With our local clay dirt I would have to re-bed almost every trap after a really hard rain but no more.
      That is good to know

Gonna have to pull my little line in the morning before I go off with dad for a hunt.
      Wish there was a way to leave them set and not able to be thrown/catch anything

Comment

They are sold on Southersnares.com for $1 each or 100 for $90 . I just placed an order for 100.
        Thanks. I have welding equipment and ability and don't want to give $10 plus shipping for the Sabetooth drags. I didn't think grinding the points from stock would be economical.

Comment

cool i have to learn more about this we are over run and the snares aint gettin it done

Comment

Boarding our coyotes today.
            Husband fleshed them yesterday and I put them on boards this morning.
            I'll post a pic later today after I turn them fur out.
            These 3 are the prettiest coyotes we've taken I think, won't be worth more than about $30, maybe $25, but nice and furry.
            We may keep one and get it tanned to sell or give it to the landowner.

Comment

Been busy the last few days setting a new property. So far I have about 2/3rds of the property scouted and set. Took a few pictures. Really need some cold weather to move in to get those yotes moving!

From top to bottom. First two are creek curtains the coyotes have tunneled under. Those are all getting snared. The last three are a few sets I like to use. Deer leg or hide flat set (wired to 16” rebar stake), scent post set with coyote scat with gland and urine added. The last being a punched dirt hole set not real flashy.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sharkhunter; 12-04-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Hot weather has really slowed the predator movement down but managed to get a really big male in a snare. I’m not sure what this sucker weighs but he’s a tank ! Notice the white feet on him. All his teeth are rounded. He was an old one for sure!
                Attached Files

Comment

That's a thick coyote!

Comment

Had a pretty good haul today. One female and two males. Found some travel routes that have a lot of sign. I set heavy on it so we’ll see! Really need some cold weather to move in.

The “BOSS DOG” Jack didn’t care to much for me coming up in his yard smelling like coyote lol !!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by sharkhunter; 12-08-2022, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Last edited by sharkhunter; 12-08-2022, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Hot weather has really slowed the predator movement down but managed to get a really big male in a snare. I’m not sure what this sucker weighs but he’s a tank ! Notice the white feet on him. All his teeth are rounded. He was an old one for sure!

Comment

I had a neighbors Ausy that wouldn't have anything to do with me after I handled a big coyote! LOL

Comment

Had a really hard rain yesterday so I wasn’t expecting much. Ending up with one nice size female and also a pull out on a snare.

Lots of my equipment is either under water or washed out so I’m happy I got anything.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice work Sharkhunter,, looks like you are putn a hurting on them!

Comment

Pipe dream set on that last one?

Comment

Working...
                                X