No announcement yet.

Underground Propane Tank ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build a swimming pool, then put tank in the pool lol.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mtltx View Post
      That’s against code.

Op. Underground tanks are pretty much the only route to take in subdivisions anymore. Unfortunately you cannot put an above ground tank in the ground. They are designed differently. All tanks nowadays are sky high and have been for awhile. What town are you in and I can recommend a good company?

I’m in Hallsville. Actually thinking about buying 10 30lb tanks off of Marketplace and rigging something up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would put it behind a nice enclosed picket fence and leave it above ground, I would try anyway....would not want them under ground if I could avoid it

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          I’m in Hallsville. Actually thinking about buying 10 30lb tanks off of Marketplace and rigging something up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I would call either McAdams propane or Moreland Propane. I would recommend not trying to use cylinders for this purpose. For the long term a 250-500 would serve you best. Good luck.

Comment

industry standard now......I like it...a sacrificial anode is placed on the tank for corrosion control.....have a small cap that is removable to refill....place a flower pot on it and wouldnt know what was there

Comment

6 years ago I paid like 1200 for mine, the gas co charged me 400 a year for 3 years, now i own it.

Comment

Trade your NG generator for a diesel one with a 25 gallon tank. That will probably run you for several hours until the power comes back on. Worse case you have to refill the tank then fire it back up,

Comment

Local government regulations and the propane company will dictate what you can do and not do. You have to ask them.

Comment

This is what I was thinking, getting several and putting in a shed. It is cheaper for me to take the empties to get filled than having a truck out.
                    Maybe you could dig a pit and put a cover over

Comment

Crazy high! When we built our house 6 years ago, I bought a used 500gal subterranean tank with 125 gals of LPG in it for $500 and had my septic tank guy dig the hole & set it. I put the 2 sacrificial anode bags on it and filled in the hole by hand. My LPG provider came out and made all the connections.

Comment

What else is gas in the home??

If its just the generator the 3-30 lb bottles may be the ticket.

Comment

Working...
                        X