LEO and GW seize horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
    Actually they do have more. They are a state police officer.
    Meaning?

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
      Meaning?
      They have jurisdiction in any county in the state.

Comment

You do know a peace officer license is issued by the state and its the same license anyone from BFE pd to a Texas ranger has

A Dallas train cop can still make an arrest in del Rio if he chooses to

CCP ch. 14
        Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Quackerbox; 11-27-2022, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Ouch.......just sad to see this type of crap! Regrettably, as noted by others my level of trust has been battered consistently for decades. My last contact was in South Dakota and not interested in any other if possible. Heck, just seeing flashing lights in my rearview in broad daylight give me a certain level of pause.

Comment

The only thing Game Wardens have that most Tx LE don’t have is MSEO (marine safety officer). This enables them to do safety checks on marine vessels. Other than that it’s the same Tx Peace Officers license. No special search authority or anything else.

Comment

Okay.

I associated what Glen said as the same power as the same authorities, not jurisdiction.

For arrests other than Class C traffic charges, arrest authority is almost unlimited.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                The only thing Game Wardens have that most Tx LE don’t have is MSEO (marine safety officer). This enables them to do safety checks on marine vessels. Other than that it’s the same Tx Peace Officers license. No special search authority or anything else.
                So like commercial motor vehicle certified officers on the highways.

Comment

TVC - yes sir exactly. It’s just a course you have to take before enforcing “safety” violations on the water- It is nothing like the Commercial Vehicle guys. That is a real course that requires much more brain tissue than a MSEO class

Comment

Thought I had heard a law that stated a warden could search your home without a warrant if they had probable cause or suspicion a wildlife crime had been committed.

Comment

Capt. Where ever you heard that was not credible. If you have evidence of a crime within your residence and the immediate threat of destruction of evidence any LE could make sure the residence is secure (get everyone out) but would then need to obtain a warrant before searching anything

Comment

Every GW I’ve ever met or dealt with is a BOZO/clown they should issue em all a make up kit, a red nose and a pair of big red floppy shoes so the public knows what they’re dealing with as the approach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremyk View Post
                          Every GW I’ve ever met or dealt with is a BOZO/clown they should issue em all a make up kit, a red nose and a pair of big red floppy shoes so the public knows what they’re dealing with as the approach!

So let me guess ...... you do not like having to follow state laws so anyone who questions you is a Bozo? Man I have hunted all of my life (over 60 years) and never have I experienced a GW who acted like a Bozo - MAYBE the issue is on your side?

Sure there are some GW who could operate better - but overall I have seen nothing but respectful GW -

I will say this and then I am out - it is very concerning reading many of these comments on a HUNTING FORUM - when hunters start bashing LEO's then we are in bad shape in this country

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremyk View Post

In my opinions they have to deal with “bozos” every day. Every person I have seen on Lone Star Law simply lies to their face and then ends up telling the truth when they know they are caught in a lie.
                            Who is the real bozo? And 9 times out of 10 they let them go with a warning or a ticket for a leased charge than what they should have gotten.

Comment

Capt. Where ever you heard that was not credible. If you have evidence of a crime within your residence and the immediate threat of destruction of evidence any LE could make sure the residence is secure (get everyone out) but would then need to obtain a warrant before searching anything
                              This was from Texas Lawshield site. Seems the GW could interpret the freezer in your house as needing searching and enter your residence without a warrant. Maybe I am just over thinking it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I don't agree with some of the comments but holding law enforcement accountable to the laws is just as important as them holding citizens accountable to the laws. This country was designed to regulate both.

People just rolling over to law enforcement has perpetuated a lot of these issues.

I know several good Leo's who do it the right way but there are too many still doing it wrong and overshadowing them. That makes frustrates me even more.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X