Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s a family tradition…my baby girl’s first deer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s a family tradition…my baby girl’s first deer!

My 6 year old daughter has been practicing for the last year with my .22, .17HMR, and her Pawpaw’s .22 mag. Then she starting practicing this summer with her Ruger 6.5 Grendel. It all came together this evening for my baby. I tried to hold her off until an older deer (buck or doe) came by, but she was adamant about shooting this deer and light was fading. The hand corn at 50 yards worked like a charm, and as soon as he turned broad side, she let that little bullet EAT! After getting her ear pro on, I barely had time to get the binocs on him before the big boom and flash from the barrel. I saw him buck and take off, so I knew he was hit. When we went to start the track, there were dime sized pieces of lungs splattered all behind where the deer had stood. I immediately felt relief. The fact that she took her first deer on my parents’ place makes even more special. I couldn’t be more proud and thankful this Thanksgiving. Time for me to take a back seat while my little hunters have their time. The bullet entered about 2” behind the right shoulder, and exited about 3 ribs farther back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck ya! My girls 6 y/o too and she’s been doing BB and pellet so far. .22 for Xmas and hoping to work up to her first deer next season !

Comment

That’s good stuff man. A day you’ll never forget! Congrats to her and you!

Comment

Congratulations little lady.

Comment

Great stuff ! See men, she is 6 and knows how to properly fill out the whole license and probably without complaining about it

Comment

That’s better than any B&C deer you will ever get a chance to take.

Congrats little lady, dad, and pawpaw!

Comment

Congratulations! Best post I've seen in a long time! Thanks for sharing your memories!

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Waydago little lady!

Comment

Congratulations, memories for a lifetime!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Perfection. Congrats to all! Kids in the woods is what it's all about!

Comment

Congratulations! My 5yr old wants to shoot a deer so bad, but hasn’t grasped the idea of sitting in a blind for more than 45 min.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Great, congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X