No announcement yet.

Nighttime use of drones to find hogs passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People be dronin' on and on. Let me know the first time y'all see a drone over your property at night and then hear gunshots. Just for curiosity's sake.

Comment

This will be an unpopular observation but it’s true. A lot of night time hunters (hog dogs or night vision) are already doing immoral and illegal things. Most of it trespassing or road hunting. Drones won’t particularly make it worse. Just gives them a few more tools.

Someone said it earlier. Bad guys are going to do bad things regardless of new or old laws. There aren’t enough LEO to enforce them and to catch them.

Ps. I know there are lot of guys on tbh that night hunt. Im not calling you a criminal or poacher. Just saying that there are bad ones out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
        Isn’t there guys already doing this on pigs?
        Yes.. Several..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          Yes.. Several..
          That’s what I thought! So what’s the big deal? Why would anyone have a problem with them spotting or herding pigs to shooters on the ground if they have permission to hunt the place?

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
            That’s what I thought! So what’s the big deal? Why would anyone have a problem with them spotting or herding pigs to shooters on the ground if they have permission to hunt the place?
            This is probably the big deal. Per the TPWD website:

Except with permits issued by Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, the use of drones to hunt, drive, capture, take, count or photograph any wildlife is unlawful. This includes locating wounded animals as well.

Permits required from our department are an Aerial Management Permit (AMP) and a Land Owner Authorization (LOA). Department rules are adopted under the framework and guidelines of the Federal Airborne Hunting Act.

Under federal law it is a violation to use an aircraft for any of these activities unless a permit is issued by the respective state. Federal guidelines specify the states may only issue these permits for the management of wildlife such as Trap Transport and Transplant (TTT) or depredation species and certain predator species.

Assuming TPWD is not lying on their website, it be agin’ tha law!

So in a way, you are correct. What’s the big deal… other than a law already in place making it illegal?

It appears that TPWD has remedied that situation and apparently complying with federal law by making it legal for depredation species, feral hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
              This is probably the big deal. Per the TPWD website:

Except with permits issued by Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, the use of drones to hunt, drive, capture, take, count or photograph any wildlife is unlawful. This includes locating wounded animals as well.

Permits required from our department are an Aerial Management Permit (AMP) and a Land Owner Authorization (LOA). Department rules are adopted under the framework and guidelines of the Federal Airborne Hunting Act.

Under federal law it is a violation to use an aircraft for any of these activities unless a permit is issued by the respective state. Federal guidelines specify the states may only issue these permits for the management of wildlife such as Trap Transport and Transplant (TTT) or depredation species and certain predator species.

Assuming TPWD is not lying on their website, it be agin’ tha law!

So in a way, you are correct. What’s the big deal… other than a law already in place making it illegal?

It appears that TPWD has remedied that situation and apparently complying with federal law by making it legal for depredation species, feral hogs.
              AMP, LOA and a TTT permit?? Just more hidden taxes..
              Last edited by PondPopper; 11-22-2022, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                AMP, LOA and a TTT permit?? Just more hidden taxes..
                But that wasn’t the question.

And they are very hidden.

Comment

Rich mans game

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                    Rich mans game
                    There’s always somebody else that can say that to you about almost anything

Comment

I feel special. I flew my custom built and programmed (by me) Drone over your property!

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                        Rich mans game
                        Nah- they will finance their lives away!
                        I don’t care what Anyone says, it’s going to get out of hand quickly!

Comment

If a drone can be used for good it can most certainly be used for bad. What can happen will happen, eventually. I would imagine our L E folks know that better than anyone.

Comment

Working...
                          X