No announcement yet.

Shopping for New Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, you're right...in our trip prep with our mission team, some folks did not have credit cards, only debt cards. That was what that conversation was about. Carry on.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Comment

look for a community bank

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
        Which CU do you use? I use Shell FCU and have had nothing but good experiences over the years
        Bravos Valley Schools

Comment

Been with TDECU for many years have always had great service

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
            Funny. We use Wells Fargo and have had great experience with them. When we travel overseas, no issues with business accepting our Wells Fargo Card. Some of your local banks/CU may not get that service, so keep that in mind if you travel. We were with a local bank for years and had great service from them, but just some limited access when traveling away from home state.

At the office we use Chase. We get good service from them also from the commercial side...but we also hold a pretty large account .
            I would think most bank cards are backed by MC or VISA, no? Hence their acceptability.

My po-dunk CU card (backed by MC] can be used internationally. I take the AgHntr stance though and use my AMEX for everything.
            Last edited by Greenheadless; 11-17-2022, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Ive been with Shell FCU. Never had a bad experience and a person is very easy to get a hold of. How are people (hunters) even with a big bank in 2022?

Comment

I think I will give Chase and USAA a test drive. I found out yesterday I qualify for USAA through my reserve service.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                  I have accounts at Wells Fargo and have been considering moving them to Plains Capitol for several years. I've heard many great things about them, and after meeting one of their bankers at an event a few years back, I can see why. The only downside is their lack of coverage statewide.

While I have no experience with these two institutions, I've heard great things about RBFCU and USAA.
                  My oldest son works for PC and has nothing but good things to say.

Comment

Chase bank and United Heritage Credit Union.

Comment

Dumping BofA soon as well

Comment

I've been with Woodforest for a while with no complaints.

Comment

I use Naval Federal Credit Union, Brazos valley Credit Union and Prosperity Bank. No issues with any of them

Comment

I have had accounts with Southside Bank for 20 years. They aren't great but also haven't done anything to run me off either. I have other biz and personal accounts with VeraBank and absolutely LOVE them. Probably going to switch my personal and the wife's personal & biz from Southside to VeraBank at the beginning of the year.

Comment

Just switched from Chase to Independent Financial. Chase closed the closest location to us and was very unreliable. Plus we wanted to get away from the big business banks and into something a bit more conservative and small. Plus I can communicate directly with the bank and develop a relationship with them. Downsides is there's not an atm on every corner, they are a lot more apt to flag suspicious purchases, and the debit card was a royal pita to set up.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                                Don’t know about in your area, but we prefer smaller, regional banks. We use ExtraCo here in central Texas and I also have accounts with Prosperity Bank. We were originally with First Victoria on those accounts, but Prosperity bought them out several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I have been happy with prosperity, I had to call them yesterday and got a real person right away.

Comment

Working...
                                X