No announcement yet.

Arron judge breaks record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys throwing stones at Bonds, McGuire, and Sosa would be eating a lot of crow if you understood the products out there today that are used. Performance science has come a long way.

Judge is a great player and will definitely get paid. Fifteen years would be a joke but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Comment

Cant believe the rangers, representing Texas, would throw a meatball and just let a Yankee whack a homerun on em....You think Nolan woulda done that? I'd think Nolan would brush him back with a couple to the earhole, then paint the corners for a couple of easy strikeouts, AL record on the line or not....it's embarrassing, hah

Comment

Memory Lane Inc (sports cards & memorabilia shop out of Cali) has already offered 2 mm for the 62nd HR ball. If Judge doesn't hit another HR before the regular season ends then the value of that ball will be worth a lot more than it currently is.

That being said, 62 HR in a single season is impressive but it's 7th on the all time list and it's not 74.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          AL record sir. No one in the AL has surpassed 61. The others that surpassed were NL.
          I'm fully aware of that but they never mentioned the NL record, just THE record.

The NL record was 56 from 1930 to 2001.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-05-2022, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            Barry Bonds still holds the record.
            Love him or hate him but, he still holds the record!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
              IMO he is the single season home run champion. I grew up in the steroid era, love mark McGuire and Barry bonds but they cheated. Hopefully Judge hasn’t.
              I hear ya but with all the modern technology that athletes use on their body I doubt he's 100% "clean". He made one heck of a jump from last season just like the guys you mentioned above did. IMO they just learned how to hide it better.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                174 strike outs…..Bonds had 93 the year he hit 73 HR. I would take Barry any day over Judge. Judge is a beast for sure but with that many strike outs he isn’t as big of a threat as he appears to be…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                The dude has a chance to win the Triple Crown........pretty viable threat.

Comment

How did he break the record when he is 7th on the list

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                    Cant believe the rangers, representing Texas, would throw a meatball and just let a Yankee whack a homerun on em....You think Nolan woulda done that? I'd think Nolan would brush him back with a couple to the earhole, then paint the corners for a couple of easy strikeouts, AL record on the line or not....it's embarrassing, hah

You haven’t watched the Rangers pitch much, apparently.

Comment

**** Barry Bonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                        You guys throwing stones at Bonds, McGuire, and Sosa would be eating a lot of crow if you understood the products out there today that are used. Performance science has come a long way.
                        Can you send me some info on this magic juice? My efforts in the gym these days aren’t yielding the same results any longer.

Btw, what happens to the value of this ball if he clubs 1 or 2 more dingers today? I haven’t looked but maybe Judge isn’t in the lineup up today and the guy has no worries about that happening.

Comment

Bonds holds the MLD single season record, and Judge holds the archery single season record.

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
                            Bonds holds the MLD single season record, and Judge holds the archery single season record.
                            hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                              no doubt, not sure why more pitchers arent using the brush'em back and then paint the corners for easy strikeouts approach.

Comment

The HR record is 73. Period.
                                Yes judge holds an AL record and 62 homers is certainly nothing to dismiss…Congratulations Aaron

Everyone talks about Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, etc and the steroids ..but more than 1/2 the league was all roided up and 95% of them still sucked!!

You can say and think Bonds’ record needs an asterisk if you want but you need to come up with something better than the steroid argument

Comment

Working...
                                X