No announcement yet.

New Lease Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like rules and know why they were put in place. Seems you can’t leave much up to “common sense”when you deal with larger groups. You can have an overall good group but there’s always ONE.Lol!
    Last edited by ShaBow; 09-24-2022, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleZooski View Post
      So I’m reaching out to my fellow TBH members for advice. The land I have hunted on the past 5 years owned by my old college roommate’s dad, is being revamped to be leased out. I obviously got a spot but knew that there would have to be rules established from the beginning to keep it from becoming a disaster.

My question for y’all is what are some reasonable rules y’all have had or followed at your leases? I could probably think of a million but I’d rather hear some that are tried and true to bring to the table at our first meeting.

Thanks in advance
      We have no printed rulle book. I told the members to treat their neighbor like they want to be treated. If they cant do that….adios muchacho!

Comment

Originally posted by tmkrueger View Post
        One thing I have learned over the years if you have to have a bunch of rules you have the wrong members. We have a lease with 6 members and all of them are good people and know right from wrong. It’s that simple.
        Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Bingo

Comment

Establish basic rules and stick to them. I had a landowner in south Texas that would change the rules every season to his advantage and the hunters disadvantage. We put up with it a couple seasons but in the end we couldn’t deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Vertical bows only

Atv’s only to be used for recovery

Predator/hog hunting at night is only permitted after deer season

If one doesn’t understand the basics of wind/thermals they must hunt from camp

All that being said I haven’t been on a lease in 20 years cause I haven’t found one with rules I like. Would rather have a 1 acre patch of weeds to myself

Comment

Originally posted by Boogieman View Post
              Vertical bows only

Atv’s only to be used for recovery

Predator/hog hunting at night is only permitted after deer season

If one doesn’t understand the basics of wind/thermals they must hunt from camp

All that being said I haven’t been on a lease in 20 years cause I haven’t found one with rules I like. Would rather have a 1 acre patch of weeds to myself
              Glad you’re not on my lease..

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                Consult Brad, Jerry, and Mitch - they have the perfect set of lease rules

Do you know Brad, Jerry, and Mitch? I do. They are stand up guys. Each one of them.

Comment

Glad we don’t have many rules. The only one I wish we had was unnecessary target shooting during season. I hunt closest to the cabin and have had deer run off from where I was hunting due to people sighting in rifles or just plinking.

Only two rules are no guests(set by LO) and $5 in the utility pot per trip. Our unofficial manager takes care of the electric bill and uses the other money for cabin supplies, propane, food, etc.

Comment

Oh, if you make the trash take the trash

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

The no guest rule is always very controversial. But I truly understand from been there done that. From the guests that can’t control their liquor, mouth and most of all weapon safety be it bow or firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        Oh, if you make the trash take the trash

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                        Yes very important.

Comment

Community stands or you might get cut off from hunting half the ranch!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
                            Do you know Brad, Jerry, and Mitch? I do. They are stand up guys. Each one of them.

I heard they were great guys
                            Last edited by Beargrasstx; 09-25-2022, 08:38 AM.

Comment

As few people as possible!!!

Comment

Treat other people the way you want to be treated.

Comment

Working...
                                X