No announcement yet.

Snake Boots or Reg Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have regular duty boots and wear gaiters…awesome for all the other things that try to stab you i. S Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Irish Setter Vaprtrek snake boots have a side zipper and are almost like wearing a tennis shoe. I have always worn chips or Justin snake boots but these are great, especially for a guy with bad ankles the support is great.

Comment

I’ve had my chips “save me” down in Hebronville once years ago. The uppers of my regular boots would not have covered where he hit me

But

I mainly wear my chips because they are absolutely the most comfortable boots I own.
        Hot, yes, but comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
          Regular boots and snake gaiters if I’m in some awful stuff.

Had a buddy come with me to lake Meredith wearing a pair of snake boots. After a 3 mile hike he had blisters the size of silver dollars. He walked around like Yosemite Sam! Wound up having to call the hunt early because of that.

Snake boots are good insurance until a lotta hiking needs to be done in my experience, but YMMV.

My snake boots are so broken in, they’re like a comfortable pair of house shoes. Nevertheless, when they were new, they rubbed a few blisters on my feet. I carry Bandaid Tough Strips in every bag, suitcase, or purse for this purpose. They’re those thick Bandaids made of fabric. Slap one of those on over a blister and keep on going. I swear by them.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            My snake boots are so broken in, they’re like a comfortable pair of house shoes. Nevertheless, when they were new, they rubbed a few blisters on my feet. I carry Bandaid Tough Strips in every bag, suitcase, or purse for this purpose. They’re those thick Bandaids made of fabric. Slap one of those on over a blister and keep on going. I swear by them.

I have weird shaped feet myself.

My secret is to duct tape my hotspots then socks over that.

Heard that trip from Corey Jacobsen from Elk101

Comment

Working...
            X