No announcement yet.

Fast bearing fruit trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if it’s the kind of fruit you’re looking for but I put a mulberry tree in my back yard late last spring. It was about 5’ tall and in a 7 gallon pot. Less than a year later, early this spring, we were picking mulberries

Bought it and had it shipped from

Bring the perfect plant home with FastGrowingTrees.com. Find privacy trees, house plants, fruit trees and more with free shipping on orders over $49.

Comment

Corn trees are hood to have around!

Comment

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

<

Comment

If in east Texas Allegheny chinquapin are native trees that produce relatively quickly. Red mulberry are a soft mast option that produce quickly and I hear deer love the leaves when they fall in the fall Mexican plum is a Another summer soft mast producer. . Persimons as you mentioned are a great option. Wildlife group is where I have gotten several trees in the past.

Now as far as domestic fruit trees I have experience with apple, peach, pear, and plum. All but the pear are a huge pain in the butt. I am considering planting several varieties of pair for wildlife myself this year. All but pear have several disease problems in Texas and require pruning to produce much fruit. Several varieties of pear are resistant to those diseases. They also do better with pruning but handle neglect far better than the others. I’ve seen several pear trees that Havnt seen pruning in 20-30 years and produce a ton of fruit. You do have to plant several varieties that produce around the same time to get fruit. And you can pick varieties that produce at diffrent times and go dang near all the way through season. I normally stick with native plants due to hardiness but pears are a good exception.

All of these trees need about 20to maybe 30 feet between.

Comment

Peach trees fruit quick, but you will need nets and a ladder to keep the winged things away.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                Peach trees fruit quick, but you will need nets and a ladder to keep the winged things away.
                That ain't no lie. Peaches are a Mockingbird magnet. Be prepared for crop degradation management. Gamo springer or any good PCP .177 will work. Most evil worthless bird alive and should all be immediately KIA.

Comment

I planted a fig tree I got from Tractor Supply last year and it has fruit this year. It was basically a 12" stick with 1 small leaf when I planted it.

Comment

Working...
                  X