Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the latest and greatest smartwatch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has the latest and greatest smartwatch?

I am thinking of getting a new smartwatch. What yall recommend?

I love a smart watch, but I like the look of an analog watch so I ended up with a hybrid smart watch from Fossil. I can’t text nor make phone calls with it, but I have relatives programmed into it. When certain relatives call or text, both hands move to the number associated with them. Like my wife is straight up 12. If she calls or texts then the watch vibrates and both hands move to 12. This way I know if it is an important call or if I can ignore it. There are 3 buttons on the side of the watch that can be programmed. I’ve got mine set to volume up, find my phone, and volume down. The watch also keeps track of my steps and of my sleep. I paid less than $100 for it a few years ago and still love it!

The only downfall is you can’t recharge it. So once every 6-12 months the battery needs to be changed. It’s easy enough to change yourself though so it’s not a big deal.

Comment

I’ve been wearing a amazfit for 2 years now.
      Really like it both for price/function and it’s durability. I can go 5 -7 days between charges. The newer versions have longer battery life and a few new options. For under $200 I don’t think you would be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here for the recommendations. I’ve been eyeing the Garmins. Never owned a smart watch .

Comment

My wife bought me the new Apple Watch series 7. It’s my first smart watch and I’ve enjoyed it so far.

Comment

I have a Series 6 44mm Apple Watch. I bought it on a whim but I really like it. I love not having to take my phone out of my pocket and the alarm function. No more blaring alarm in the mornings. It just taps my wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              I have a Series 6 44mm Apple Watch. I bought it on a whim but I really like it. I love not having to take my phone out of my pocket and the alarm function. No more blaring alarm in the mornings. It just taps my wrist.

Same here. I got mine to keep track of my heart. I kinda like not having to keep my phone on me and can just use my **** Tracy watch to do what I need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

I have the same watch that I got from my city as a retirement gift. We get to pick any watch we want with a $1000 limit.

I used it to take my blood oxygen several times a day when I had Covid.

Besides the 1000 things it does I like it for the alarm like you mentioned, I pay $10 a month to make it a telephone, I can use it as a remote shutter for my iPhone camera, check my heart rate and for atrial fibrillation. Maybe the best feature is, when I can’t remember where I put down my iPhone, I can tap an icon on my watch and it causes my phone to beep, even if it is on silent.

I just got my wife to 7.

Comment

Curious if any of you guys with the newer apple watches had a prior version? I’m still wearing a 3 series daily and wonder if it’s worth upgrading.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                    Curious if any of you guys with the newer apple watches had a prior version? I’m still wearing a 3 series daily and wonder if it’s worth upgrading.

I had the 2 series. It is a pretty substantial leap at least over the model I had. The second series did not do my heart rate, check for atrial fibrillation, blood oxygen, find my iPhone, telephone, etc. My second series watch lasted about eight hours and had to be put on the charger. If I don’t have the face with the always on option on my 6, it will last me about three days.

I don’t know about the 3 series.

Comment

I have the Samsung watch 4. It just came out in Aug this year. My first smart watch so I can't compare to others but I like it.

Comment

Really depends on what you want from one. If you have an iPhone the Apple Watch integrates with it and you’re able to utilize all its functions. I run an iPhone 13 Pro and a AW series 5 currently. If you have an android based phone then the Garmin line would be my pick. Likely the Fenix 6 Pro would be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you want one for fitness then get a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro Sapphire. I've had one right at a year and its amazing what this watch can do.

If you want a smart watch just for the phone and texting capabilities then I'd probably get the latest Apple Watch.

Comment

I have a Sunnto Alpa and an Apple 6.
                            Love the Apple because of ease of use.

Will be selling the Sunnto one as I never wear it.

Comment

I had Santa deliver me a new Apple 7 45mm. I have not worn a watch, or ANY jewelry for years, so we will see if I keep wearing it. So far, I can tell time with it, but the other available functions…I am s…l…o…w…l…y…learning.

Comment

Working...
                              X