3.5 EcoBoost tuner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.5 EcoBoost tuner?

I just picked up a new to me 2014 F150 with the 3.5. Anyone recommend a tuner? Or not to tune it? Any advice appreciated.

Here she is

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Truck!! I'd check out 5 star tuning as they will make you custom tunes based on your needs. They also have excellent customer service. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
        I just picked up a new to me 2014 F150 with the 3.5. Anyone recommend a tuner? Or not to tune it? Any advice appreciated.
        No advice from personal experience but I've heard good things about 5 Star. FWIW I have a 2015 3.5 with 110k miles and the only repair has been the throttle body and the catalytic convertors. Great truck. Tow heavy and often, tons of power for a half ton as is. I've thought of adding power but scared to mess with a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
          No advice from personal experience but I've heard good things about 5 Star. FWIW I have a 2015 3.5 with 110k miles and the only repair has been the throttle body and the catalytic convertors. Great truck. Tow heavy and often, tons of power for a half ton as is. I've thought of adding power but scared to mess with a good thing.
          I'm looking more for the mpg gain than the power boost. I wouldn't mind the extra power of course.

Comment

Any other options? I've read a catch can helps with valve life.

Comment

I have the 87 octane daily driver tune from 5 star, using sct tuner. I had it on for years. I bought my 2013 new and the turbo lag was hard to get use to. The tune woke it up but didn’t hurt or help mpg. I had to take it off for inspection a couple years ago and haven’t put it back on. What I found made the best mpg gain was switching to mid grade gas....be it only .5mpg. My mpg has gone from 16.5 new to 17.3 at about 60k to my current 140k. That is measured. The dash gauge has always inflated mpg by 1 mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Husker View Post
                I have the 87 octane daily driver tune from 5 star, using sct tuner. I had it on for years. I bought my 2013 new and the turbo lag was hard to get use to. The tune woke it up but didn’t hurt or help mpg. I had to take it off for inspection a couple years ago and haven’t put it back on. What I found made the best mpg gain was switching to mid grade gas....be it only .5mpg. My mpg has gone from 16.5 new to 17.3 at about 60k to my current 140k. That is measured. The dash gauge has always inflated mpg by 1 mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I didn't realize they won't pass inspection with a tuner on. I don't really notice ther lag, my ills truck had 222k on a 5.4. My news one is a rocket compared to the old one.

Comment

awesome truck! I have a 13.

mine has vent-to-atmosphere BOV and AFE intake. I used HPtuners for removing the governor, however for adding boost or trans tune I would trust someone else.

Make sure you do the walnut blast on the intake valves when you do the tune up. look up GDI valve coking.

Comment

I have one of the older sct tuners that I've been thinking about selling. Holler at me if interested!

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                      I have one of the older sct tuners that I've been thinking about selling. Holler at me if interested!
                      Pm sent

Comment

I tuned my 2012 Ecoboost day one with a Livernois Motorsports tuner. It was still running strong when I sold it with 200k miles on it. It is still on the road today. I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Only other thing I did was a cold air intake.

Comment

I've been eyeballing a AFE cai already, waiting for my tax return.

Comment

Working...
                          X