iPhone 7 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone 7 issues

Well, not really issues with the 7, just issues! I got my new 7 yesterday and started the process of backing it up from my IPhone 5. Well apparently, I had enabled the old 5 to be incryptied when I set it up a few years ago and gave it a special password to do that. I forgot the password. I tried every password that I could rember ever using. No dice. I called Apple and was on the phone with them for about 45 minites. The guy said he cant help me. If I can't remember the password, I have to start the phone as brand new. Which means, everything in my phone will have to be re-entered manually. Phone numbers, apps, music, EVERYTHING! I got my first IPhone when the 3s came out and have been adding to it since then. 😳
    Does anybody here have any idea how to get around this?

im fairly certain you can sync the old phones music with iTunes and get that back in the new device via iTunes as well. As for contacts - you can sync those as well with an email app or contacts app via the computer. Start new phone as new- then plug it into computer and iTunes and backup music and contacts. That's how I got around it many years ago.

Comment

If your 5 is still alive you can sync your contacts to gmail and transfer that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was it backed up on iCloud . I'm not the best with all the new tech but when I got my new 6 my son did something on iCloud and everything went right to my new phone.. Sorry not much help

Comment

Originally posted by Husker View Post
          If your 5 is still alive you can sync your contacts to gmail and transfer that way.

Not sure if I can do that or not. My computer is at work. Will try that tomorrow.

Comment

Google drive

Comment

You should be able to sync it to iTunes and then set up your new phone off of that

Comment

Comment

Why can't you create a new backup of your iPhone5 without encrypting it and use that to restore to your iPhone7? Did I miss something?

Comment

When I backed up 5 from my older 3G, I checked the incription box. This was about two years ago, and apparently it asked me for a password then, but now I can't remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by TimH View Post
                      Why can't you create a new backup of your iPhone5 without encrypting it and use that to restore to your iPhone7? Did I miss something?
                      You should be able to do this right in iTunes.

Comment

when you plug in your 5, can you create a new backup in iTunes and just ignore that old encrypted one?

Comment

Originally posted by TimH View Post
                          when you plug in your 5, can you create a new backup in iTunes and just ignore that old encrypted one?
                          Doesn't appear that I can back up old phone to the new one without the password.

Comment

Download the app AT&T Mobile Transfer. That's what i used to transfer photos and contacts to my new 7.

Comment

Can you back up from previous phones bedsides your 5S? Also check (if you have google or download it) and see if you can backup contacts to google and then your new iphone.

Comment

Working...
                              X