Best bow sight and why you think so??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bow sight and why you think so??

I am in the market for a new bow sight and want some opinions. I need a sight that:

1) The pins light up bright.
    2) Very tough and durable.
    3) Thinking probably .019 pins unless someone can talk me out of em.
    4) May want to add one of those blue lights for dusk and dawn shooting.

I have heard much of Copper John's and Spott Hog but don't have friends that have either. Probably need 4-5 pins. I will probably get the sight on Ebay to save some deneroes, so I may be kinda buying it in the dark without actually seeing it. I have heard something of a "wrap" sight. What is that?

Thanks
    Slim

Fuse Intrepid 5 pin...... Was brighter in the box than the other three I had out of the boxes.

Comment

Wrap usually means that the fiber optics are "wrapped" around a section of the sight so as to draw in more light.
      I don't know what's the "best" but I shoot a Vital Bow Gear Triangular sight and it's bright. I picked it out in a bow shop that didn't have the lights on and it glowed from across the room in the wrapper.
      It has .029 pins but I have never had a problem in hunting conditions or practicing out to 50yds. Best I can tell is that at 50 with a .019 pin it would just be a smaller dot wobbling around...
      And remember, .019 vs .029 is only one hundredths of an inch

Comment

everyone will say the one they have on there bow(s). I do shoot the EXTREME (the one Micheal Waddell shoots) but I will say I have tried a bunch of sights over the many years. With a little more coverage on the fibers this sight would definitely be the rated in the Top 3.

Comment

G5 Optix

Comment

I really like the trophy ridge matrix with the light. Excellent for hunting, not so great for dots as the pins are vertical and you can't see between them.

Comment

LandRover....a bud of mine has one that says "extreme" on it. Who makes it?

Comment

I shoot the Cobra Sidewinder but I think some of the best sights are Sword, Spot Hogg, HHA, and CBE

Comment

I am with Landrover. I shoot the Extreme RT900. It was the brightest sight in the store and the fibers are wrapped in a clear plastic running down the side of the site. The "night light" goes toward the rear of the clear plastic to light only the ends of the fibers. It is also very light and reasonably priced. IMO the best sight for the money.

Comment

toxonics
                    1 best bang for your buck
                    2. glows great till last minute
                    3. i havent found a reason to switch

Comment

"Best bow sight and why you think so??"

The one on my bow...because its on my bow. I have two and like both. Cobra King Cobra single pin and Extreme 3 pin.

Comment

Fuse Intrepid 5 pin

Comment

take a look at the new copper john line of sights.
                          they are sweeet and the fibers are super bright.

Comment

I happen to like the Truglo Extreme tool less with microadjust. Truglo backs their product with excellent customer service. I had the light stop working even with new batteries and Truglo sent out a new one. No questions asked other than what model I had. Great company and based in Richardson, TX too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun Slim View Post
                              LandRover....a bud of mine has one that says "extreme" on it. Who makes it?
                              Check post below!
                              Originally posted by Poop-and-Snoop-Archery View Post
                              I am with Landrover. I shoot the Extreme RT900. It was the brightest sight in the store and the fibers are wrapped in a clear plastic running down the side of the site. The "night light" goes toward the rear of the clear plastic to light only the ends of the fibers. It is also very light and reasonably priced. IMO the best sight for the money.

That would be the one sir!
                              Originally posted by hoytboy View Post
                              take a look at the new copper john line of sights.
                              they are sweeet and the fibers are super bright.
                              I shot Copper John for about 3 years and liked it ALOT until i got the EXTREME sight last season.

Comment

Working...
                              X