The Vine *UPDATE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Vine *UPDATE*

Went to do a little scouting with bow in hand to Grapevine Lake. Found a couple good spots with good hog and some deer trails. Didn't kick up any deer or hogs, though. But I did kill a cotton mouth with my pocket knife! Yall had any luck yet?

How big was that pocket knife? Did you tie the knife to the end of 10 foot long stick? I would have!

J

Comment

Jay, you hunt a stand called the COPPERHEAD because you nearly stepped on one when the area was found!
      I can tell a fake snake in the ladder stand or around camp will be the best gag of the season...

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
        ........I can tell a fake snake in the ladder stand or around camp will be the best gag of the season...
        Larry, funny you should bring that up . I keep a snake (like that) in my camper all the time. (some might not think it right but I've been looking for a foot long to 18" rattler for my glove box for the theives )

Comment

That's the second posion snake that I've killed with my knife in 6 months. The first was a rattlesnake that was trying to crawl up under this bush. VERY CAREFULLy, i pulled it out by the tail, stepped on its head and it was a wrap after that. I know what yall thinking, I nuts! The truth is I've dealt with posionous snakes since I was a kid. I'm plum crazy, I guess....

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
            Jay, you hunt a stand called the COPPERHEAD because you nearly stepped on one when the area was found!
            I can tell a fake snake in the ladder stand or around camp will be the best gag of the season...
            Yeah... my wife and friends did this to me last memorial day while camping on Lake Whitney. We're all sitting around the fire and I run off to go to the trees. Before I get back and they put a fake snake next to my chair. I get back and was standing there by my chair and they said "hey, what is that". I screamed and ran little a little girl who just got kissed by the ugly boy in class.

The cool weather is on its way....snakes will be gone with the heat!

Blood Trail.... YOUR CRAZY!

Comment

Thats funny. I can not wait do this to some of my fellow hunters

Comment

Tons of hog sign, but we've only heard them go by, no sightings. No deer either...very little sign where we've been looking.

Comment

is the water level still up on the lake. i havent hunted on the lake this year but i plan on using my canoe to get around and do some hog hunting after deer season.

Comment

Back home, Me and my hunting and fishing buddy used to camp with our kids and fish all weekend(we were single then). One weekend after we got camp set up, we were restringing our reels and leaves were all over the ground.I threw a pumpkinseed lizard out across the ground while he wasn't looking. I started reeling it every now and then and when I did I would say... what was that? He said what .. I said I think it's a snake. Mind you, he hated snakes and was a big fellow. He keep looking and I said right there look.... then I would reel it in a little (had reel beside me and another in my hand). When it moved and he seen it .. He jumped up and started yellin ..breing it on, bring it on. I laughed so hard I was cryin. That was the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X