Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we always send our young kids into war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
    Youth is wasted on the young
    Do not regret growing older,
    It's a PRIVILEGE denied to many

Comment

I am 64 and my hunting partner is 65. When driving posts we now swap out every 10 strokes. Last weekend we actually had to take turns driving in stakes when setting a pop-up because leaning over and getting one’s head below the waist makes you light headed. Geez. I try as hard as I can to stay in shape but there is only so much you can do. Father Time holds most of the cards.

Comment

Feeling it myself right now. 45yo. Been crazy stressed and working my tail off every day for over a week. The worst was Saturday when I went nonstop for 14hrs.That night I literally could barely walk toget in bed. No shower,, nothing fell down on the bed and was out. Next day wristwas on FIRE! Can't move my fingers, or bend my wrist. Still had to work Sunday but took off just long enough to get groceries and haircut. Wrist still killing me Monday. Last night I woke up in absolutely excruciating pain. Up for 1-1/2hrs before I took a 5yo pain pill the Dr gave me.for my back. Finally fell asleep again and woke up feeling decentfor the first time in a week, except my wrist. Still hurts but not quite as bad. Constant pain all day. Have to work. No choice.

Sucks feeling this bad at only 45....

Comment

I'm 62 and last Sunday I moved an 800 lb safe from SILs house to mine, using a 2 wheeler with only my nephew pushing the top until it broke over. Went down one step, to the trailer, off the trailer, up one step, and rolled it to the back room. I do use leverage a lot more than I used to and improvised ramps help.

Comment

I am 51, not doing too bad, definitely would be a lot better off, had I not done so much damage to my body when I was younger. I was in very good condition, when I was 36, I was pretty stout and lean back then. I was working out with 600s on the squats, benching well over 300 lbs., don't even know what I could bench back then I was not out to see what I would max at, I was just working out. I shattered my left knee in a bunch of pieces, then after not walking at all for four months, about 8 months after the accident, I went back to the gym for the first time. I could not even lift a weight machine with no weights on it. For two years afterwards, I was barely walking, tripping and stumbling over anything and everything. I understand very well what it's like to be 80 years old and try to walk. It was very frustrating. I eventually started building strength again. The more strength I built up, the less pain I had in my left knee. Even 8 years or so after the accident, when I felt pretty good, my daughter, used to point out I walked funny, that my stride was not the same from the left and to the right leg. The more time goes by the more I feel like I did before I messed up my knee. I wish I could loose a bunch of weight and get back to being as lean as I used to be, but I don't think that will ever happen again, unless I am starving. It would sure do me good to loose about 40 or so lbs. I just don't have the time to go back to riding a bike or working out, like I used to. If I had the time, I would, I do miss being in the shape I was before the accident.

Really at this point, I am about 45 lbs. heavier and out out shape, but I still get things done, just not as fast. I have more problems with the heat or sun, now, because of my lack of hair now days. I have to wear a hat. If I don't have the sun roasting my brain, I can get quite a bit done.

Comment

You should just hang it up. Your done.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Me too. I heaved 70 bags of corn last weekend and was sore the next day. However, it's my own **** fault. I don't do too much heavy lifting between those type events. I'm not scared of a full day of hard labor....I'm scared of the day after.

Comment

Youth are dumb and full of spit. They'll jump the cliff if ordered. They don't care as much about life and don't get philosophical about it.
                  When I was young I wrecked several cars real good, often ran offshore with a single shaky motor for years, really spent about 7 of my 9 lives. Generally youth don't get all wrapped up in the risk. Now I'm older and question everything. Have a wife and kids to stay alive for.

Comment

I’m 39 and I put out 180 bags of corn in a day. C’mon man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                      If you stretched more had a consistent fitness regiment and a borderline plant based diet you wouldn’t be so bad off.
                      If..........

Comment

If I had to climb all the ladders, going up and down
                        the decks.….(just on a normal work day)
                        I'd be face down, in sick bay...…………………………..

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          I would disagree sir.
                          Sending Old Men To War

If I could, I'd enlist today and help my country track down those responsible for killing thousands of innocent people in New York City and Washington DC.

But, I'm over 50 now and the Armed Forces say I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 35 to join the military.

They've got the whole thing backwards. Instead of sending 18-year-olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join until you're at least 35.

For starters:

Researchers say 18-year- olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. If we can't kill the enemy, we'll complain them into submission. "My back hurts!" "I'm hungry!" "Where's the remote control?"

An 18-year-old hasn't had a legal beer yet and you shouldn't go to war until you're at least old enough to legally drink. An average old guy, on the other hand, has consumed 126,000 gallons of beer by the time he's 35 and a jaunt through the desert heat with a backpack and M-60 would do wonders for the old beer belly.

An 18-year-old doesn't like to get up before 10 a.m. Old guys get up early every morning to pee.

If old guys are captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd probably forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would actually be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we actually like soft food. We've also developed a deep appreciation for guns and rifles. We like them almost better than naps. (They could lighten up on the obstacle course, however.) I’ve been in combat and I didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

I can hear the Drill Sergeant now, "Get down and give me...er...one."

And the running part is kind of a waste of energy. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to actually carry on a conversation, and to wear pants without the top of his butt crack showing and his boxer shorts sticking out. He still hasn't figured out that a pierced tongue catches food particles, and that a 400-watt speaker in the back seat of a Honda Accord can rupture an eardrum.

All great reasons to keep our sons at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off to possible death.

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten cowards who attacked our hearts on September 11. The last thing the enemy would want to see right now is a couple of million old farts with attitudes.
                          outstanding LMAO

Comment

I'm 49 and have 2 metal rods from T7 to my pelvis. Multiple fusions.

I should sell tickets when I'm on an 8' ladder filling 1000# feeders.

I could probably sell all the tc pix, lol. Perty **** embarrassing.

10 years ago I could have done it standing on my head. It's a plumb beat down these days.

Comment

I'm 62 and if I would have known I'd be this jacked up, I would have taken better care of myself when I was young.

Comment

^^^^^
                                But think of the fun you'd of missed out on.

Comment

Working...
                                X