Fryers Air or deep fry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fryers Air or deep fry?

Just got back from Georgia on a gator hunt. Told wife we need to buy table top deep fryer to cook the gator in. Like I just had it cooked for me the day before.
    Shes telling me to get a air fryer because it is healthier.
    OK..For those that have Air Fryers....How does it stack up versus deep fry?
    Oh man the gator I had was soaked in buttermilk, coated with fish fry shake, deep friend in canola. Wow was it delicious.

We tried the air fryer once... no comparison to a good deep fry for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
      Just got back from Georgia on a gator hunt. Told wife we need to buy table top deep fryer to cook the gator in. Like I just had it cooked for me the day before.
      Shes telling me to get a air fryer because it is healthier.
      OK..For those that have Air Fryers....How does it stack up versus deep fry?
      Oh man the gator I had was soaked in buttermilk, coated with fish fry shake, deep friend in canola. Wow was it delicious.
      This may not work for your wife but if it was mine I would tell her to buy the Fake Louis Vuitton bag instead of the real one because its the same thing but better for my wallet.

She would roll her eyes then I would fry my own Gator while she went to buy a new purse!

Comment

Air Fried a turkey it takes twice the time.

Comment

You might as well “fry” in the oven as use an air fryer. If you are expecting anything close to an actual fryer,you will be very disappointed. But if the health part is important to you, frying in oil is horrible.

I bought one, used it once, and took it back. I can cook in oven and get same results and I don’t have something else in my cabinet taking up space

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm gonna go with the deep fryer. We don't cook with it now, and I will only be buying it to cook this gator meat. I was looking up various recipes today. Paula Deen recommends frying. So how often am I going to do it. Took me 5 years to draw this Georgia gator tag. I'm going the fat unhealthy way
            Saw one deep fryer on E Bay for $35. Ordering it.
            Thanks again.

Comment

Buy a Presto Multicooker. It will fry like a typical fryer and cooks a heck of a roast. I cook a roast in mine at least once a month. Google it.
              Last edited by Robertt; 09-19-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I already bought the deep fryer. My first foray into the fry world was deep fried dough balls. I currently have some gator soaking in buttermilk and will be frying it up for tomorrows dinner. Gonna batter it in fish fry. let y'all know how it comes out.

Comment

I don't think there is a substitute for the real deal. The only exception for me is a whole turkey. The air fryer takes way longer but is safer with kids around and the end result is usually very well received.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was on the fence about one of those air fryers. I'll stick with the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Atdeal View Post
                      Thanks for the info. I was on the fence about one of those air fryers. I'll stick with the real deal.
                      Yeah man...no comparison. This is what I went with. Ebay $35 shipped.
                      KIMG1659 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Finished product.
                      KIMG1498 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

I bought an air fryer a few years back. All I use or have used it for is turkeys. They dont turn out quite as good, b ut dang close. It doesnt cost $50 in oil each time, I dont have to heat up the oil, let it cool.down, or filter and save the oil, or dispose of it. So for me, it is the air fryer all day every day. My deep fry rig has become a boil rig or dust collector.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X