No announcement yet.

Ammo shortage article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds plausible. Once the new 7M gun owners get their ammo and they get the Remington plant up to 100%, we should see a big relief. Nobody knows how long that’ll take but I’d imagine 4-6 months and we should be back to having some ammo on the shelves on a regular basis.

Comment

I do think it’ll slow down for a while.
      Every time a store gets a shipment it’s like a mad house where I live. And not from “new shooters”.
      It’s hoarders and ammo flippers. Just like the toilet paper crap. Until people stop panic buying, the shelves will be wiped clean daily.

I think it’s dumb the local gun shops post pictures of what they have on FB as soon as they receive a truck load and restock the shelves so the hoarders can come raid it, instead of letting normal people come in and just buy it off the shelf as needed. They are fueling the shortage with unneeded advertising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would think as soon as everyone has ammunition they think they need. Then the new gun owners. Everyone will start to see all ghe popular NATO rounds on the shelf ans available to buy in bulk again. At that point manufacturers will be able to switch over ans start producing other needed sizes. Its gonna take time.

Comment

Hix if you owned a gun shop you would do the same thing. Sell product as fast as you can.

Comment

We have no more LEAD smelters in the USA and according to the NRA. Ammo makers rely on recycled lead to make bullets out of.
            Here is an article on the ammo shortage topic back in 2014.

Comment

I pass the Remington factory twice a week while at work. The parking lot is full of employees cars everytime.

Comment

The flippers should be flogged.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  I would think as soon as everyone has ammunition they think they need. Then the new gun owners. Everyone will start to see all ghe popular NATO rounds on the shelf ans available to buy in bulk again. At that point manufacturers will be able to switch over ans start producing other needed sizes. Its gonna take time.
                  Yep.

I don't understand why people think if flippers stopped buying the shelves would have ammo again. If demand is so strong flippers have to wait in line 3 hours to get ammo AND people pay them stupid prices for the ammo then the shelves would still be empty.

The concern people should have is the frequency ammo shortages happen now. It used to be rare and didn't last long. Now it seems to happen more often than not. You can bank even if we go back to semi normal in the next 1-2 years that it won't last long. Any shooting, and new anti 2nd bill etc

I don't see it getting better. Maybe enough to get hunting rounds back in stock. But never back to full shelves, not without more manufacturing being built.

Comment

Hix if you owned a gun shop you would do the same thing. Sell product as fast as you can.
                    Yes I agree if I were a business owner I would utilize whatever tools I had available to move my product.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                      The flippers should be flogged.
                      While my emotion tends to agree the reality is they only have a market because of people who buy it. Capitalism at it's finest.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ammo shortage article

I guess, one of them post asking people to stop driving through the business next doors grass and parking in their lot. Just saying they are creating the problem.. if they didn’t say hey look what we got, there wouldn’t be 100 cars trying to park there at once and they’d probably still sale out by the end of the day instead of in one hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                        X