Scope for pellet gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope for pellet gun

I have a Benjamin Trail NP XL and I've tried a few scopes and each has left me disappointed or broken. Is there a specific scope anyone would recommend? I'm completely aware of the recoil problems with spring/piston guns and know certain scopes are rated for it. From what I have read even some of the scopes rated for it don't hold up. I don't want to have to spend nearly 300 bucks for a pellet gun scope.

I have a newer Burris rimfire on an older RWS magnum springer it has held up to 3 grandsons and many hundreds of rounds so far. That rifle has broken several scopes prior to this one (Leupold Nikon a couple Simmons).

Comment

UTG/Leapers 4x14x44 with parallax is what I use. Look them up on Pyramid Air. Lifetime warranty. Great customer service. Will run you around. $150

Comment

In order for them to work on that gun, the scope must be "springer-rated" Those rimfire and even rifle scopes won't stand up to the reverse recoil of a springer air-gun.
        Probably the most popular scope line in the high end airgun world is Hawke Sport Optics. All of their scopes are springer-rated and lifetime warranty. They have some very nice budget scopes in the $100 or even less. Whatever you get, make sure it has an adjustable parallax. The Hawke 3-9X40 with AO is a very nice springer scope. I have one on a Beman R1 (one of the hardest rifles on the market for scopes) and it's literally had thousands of shots taken with it and still going strong. It's one of those in the $100 range.

Comment

Hawke on my RWS and so far so good.

Comment

For 15 years the most expensive scope in the house was on my RWS........

Comment

I had a Beeman R1 for many years, I got it back in the mid 80s. I went through two or three scopes, pretty quickly. The gun killed every scope I put on it for a while. I then tried a cheap Bushnell scope, that scope lasted for probably 15 years on that rifle. I don't have a clue what the differences were between the way the other scopes and the Bushnell were made. I know that spring guns can kill some scopes quickly.

I am not much of a spring gun fan after owning that R1. It was not bad, but it never was what I thought it would be. It was pretty accurate and the trigger could be adjusted so light that even with a aluminum trigger, you could set if off, just by pointing it upwards. I did not keep it that light, but I did and still do like light triggers. The trigger on that gun, was the thing I liked the most about it.

Comment

I used the leupold fx1 rimfire. Its a nice little scope.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  In order for them to work on that gun, the scope must be "springer-rated" Those rimfire and even rifle scopes won't stand up to the reverse recoil of a springer air-gun.
                  Probably the most popular scope line in the high end airgun world is Hawke Sport Optics. All of their scopes are springer-rated and lifetime warranty. They have some very nice budget scopes in the $100 or even less. Whatever you get, make sure it has an adjustable parallax. The Hawke 3-9X40 with AO is a very nice springer scope. I have one on a Beman R1 (one of the hardest rifles on the market for scopes) and it's literally had thousands of shots taken with it and still going strong. It's one of those in the $100 range.
                  I concur with SaltwaterSlick here. Springer pellet guns shock to death lower end scopes. You have to get one that can handle the beating.

Comment

Working...
                  X