Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    Does this vary if your ultimate goal is not actual weight loss but rather burning stubborn fat in areas while gaining muscle mass or at least not loosing any through workouts?
    Ketosis burns fat. Assuming your body isn't going into starvation mode it will leave muscles untouched. If you're working out to gain muscle mass, this will accelerate keto effects. When I was exercising and on keto a couple years back I was losing 2-3 lbs a week and gaining muscle mass.

in your case, if you maintain keto and are exercising you should be cycling water through your system very quickly and will need to be sure you're on top of your hydration. and going through water so quickly is going to deplete electrolytes faster via dilution, so you may feel cravings for salt. a little known tidbit about keto is that you don't retain water while the process is ongoing, which is why most people lose several pounds immediately and it drops off slightly after the first big drop.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      It's pretty easy to add fat, but then watch the calories. It is very easy to consume too many with high fat foods.
      This can be very true for some folks. Too much snacking on fatty foods isnt great. I personally found myself having to force myself to eat last year because the fats keep me full/satiated longer. I wasnt getting close to my caloric goals everyday. Some days I was getting less than 1000 calories in. My avg was around 1550 everyday. On my normal diet I would eat 2200 or so per day.

Comment

Anyone consuming ACV daily?

Comment

Also, do I remember right that as you get your body into ketosis, you actually want to lower your fat intake a bit so your body burns more of your stored fat? Or was it just running a larger calorie deficit to get the body burning stored fats?

Comment

Started back on 1/3. Lost 55 from Jan-sept last year and felt great. Brother spent 56 days in hospital from sept-nov and I let the stress derail me. Kept 20 off but I’m ready to get it off and keep it off.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              Been on it for about a year and lost 30#s. I now keto Monday-Friday, and eat as I want on the weekends. I usually start Monday with a 23 hour fast, meaning I don't eat after 7pm on Sunday night, then eat again Monday night. Lots of steak, pork chops, grilled chicken, grilled fish, egg, and lots of cheeses and fat bombs. I make lots of alfredo sauce and zucchini noodles as well. Oh, Aldi Nut & seed keto bread was a game changer for me.
              Where do you find and what are the zucchini noodles Brian? We are back on Keto now. We’ve found Good Day pasta which is a plant based low (lower) carb chickpea pasta. It’s about half the total carb count as regular pastas. Pasta is my one main “white thing” I really struggle cutting out. I don’t mind doing without rice, potatoes, bread, chips, etc....but love me some pasta. 😩

And yes, we have also found the Keto Friendly breads at Aldi. They have both a multiseed and wheat variety. Not exactly the greatest tasting bread but it makes a mean grilled cheese and tuna fish sandwich.👍

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                My guess would be not enough healthy fats and protein is probably too high. Download the carb manager app (it’s free) and track EVERYTHING for a few months. This will help you balance your nutrition needs and learn what you can and can’t have during a day and stay within your macros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                This right here. When I first started Keto I figured out my macros and downloaded the carb manager app. I weighed EVERYTHING I ate for 3 straight months to make sure I was hitting my macros. I got to the point where I knew what and how much to eat and it became second nature.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  Where do you find and what are the zucchini noodles Brian? We are back on Keto now. We’ve found Good Day pasta which is a plant based low (lower) carb chickpea pasta. It’s about half the total carb count as regular pastas. Pasta is my one main “white thing” I really struggle cutting out. I don’t mind doing without rice, potatoes, bread, chips, etc....but love me some pasta. [emoji30]

And yes, we have also found the Keto Friendly breads at Aldi. They have both a multiseed and wheat variety. Not exactly the greatest tasting bread but it makes a mean grilled cheese and tuna fish sandwich.[emoji106]
                  I just spiral cut fresh zucchin with a little hand food processor

It's similar to spaghetti squash

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by BrianL; 01-11-2021, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Keto 2021

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Where do you find and what are the zucchini noodles Brian? We are back on Keto now. We’ve found Good Day pasta which is a plant based low (lower) carb chickpea pasta. It’s about half the total carb count as regular pastas. Pasta is my one main “white thing” I really struggle cutting out. I don’t mind doing without rice, potatoes, bread, chips, etc....but love me some pasta. [emoji30]

And yes, we have also found the Keto Friendly breads at Aldi. They have both a multiseed and wheat variety. Not exactly the greatest tasting bread but it makes a mean grilled cheese and tuna fish sandwich.[emoji106]

Joel HEB carries a few different type veggie noodles including zucchini. They are in the packaged veggie section near the packaged salads, slaws etc. That keto bread is nasty for a samich, lol. It was ok toasted though.

Last edited by rtp; 01-11-2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Question? If you don’t eat all your calories but your ratios are correct for fat/protein/carbs is that ok?

Is there a way to speed up the swap to ketosis?

Comment

I wanna try to only eat plants and animals. Good luck guys.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                          Question? If you don’t eat all your calories but your ratios are correct for fat/protein/carbs is that ok?

Is there a way to speed up the swap to ketosis?

Yes that is ok but not ideal. It won’t kick you out of or prevent you from ketosis.

I don’t think there is anything you can do to speed it up. It is very much an individual thing from everything I researched last year.

Comment

for keto bread the "solo" brand is not bad. (expensive though). Also depending what you are making chaffles are not a bad substitute. We make chaffle pizza's and have also made sandwiches out of chaffles.

Comment

Originally posted by wes View Post
                              for keto bread the "solo" brand is not bad. (expensive though). Also depending what you are making chaffles are not a bad substitute. We make chaffle pizza's and have also made sandwiches out of chaffles.
                              I found the solo bread at Costco. 2 loaves per package.

Comment

I do the carnivore or ketovore diet. Over 70lbs lost. It’s a great lifestyle diet best I have ever been on. Almost completely reversed diabetes.

Comment

Working...
                                X