Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would y’all handle this??

Originally posted by cwill View Post
    Make darn sure you let your GF know how much you appreciate her effort! Personally I'd leave well enough alone and just be glad I got to spend time with my dad. We his GF bails on him for the next dude with money you guys will sell have a good relationship with him and can then talk smack about her then!

I’d be much more inclined to do this if he didn’t just buy a new home 3 hours away and move her and her kids into it. She’s cashed in big before and reeks of it, looking for #2 plain as day. It is what it is, pretty embarrassing though from the outside looking in.

Best part of this problem, is it stopped being my problem the second they all walked out the door. He can do exactly what he wants with his life, I’m my own man and hope whatever he does makes him happy. I don’t agree with it or like it, but I don’t have to. I’ll keep on keepin on just like I have been and be just fine either way.
    Last edited by jaker_cc; 12-24-2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Oh boy!!! Glad I’m not in your situation

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
        Oh boy!!! Glad I’m not in your situation

[emoji106] thanks bud lol. I’m glad you aren’t too

Comment

I’d let it go and be glad Christmas is once a year!
          Sounds like no fun for y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
            [emoji106] thanks bud lol. I’m glad you aren’t too

I am sorry! I didn’t mean it like it sounded! I’m
            In a very similar situation with my dad this year. I needed to slow down and respond better.

We are not taught to handle situations like this.

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad's the same way. He'd miss his grandkids birthday party in an instant for a date with a new lady. My wife's dad too. And we all know friends like that. Unfortunately, wither 17 or 70, some guys just lose their head when it comes to females. They can end up flat out worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                I am sorry! I didn’t mean it like it sounded! I’m
                In a very similar situation with my dad this year. I needed to slow down and respond better.

We are not taught to handle situations like this.

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Lol I didn’t take it bad I promise. I was laughing and thinking how right you were

Comment

I’d be much more inclined to do this if he didn’t just buy a new home 3 hours away and move her and her kids into it. She’s cashed in big before and reeks of it, looking for #2 plain as day. It is what it is, pretty embarrassing though from the outside looking in.

Best part of this problem, is it stopped being my problem the second they all walked out the door. He can do exactly what he wants with his life, I’m my own man and hope whatever he does makes him happy. I don’t agree with it or like it, but I don’t have to. I’ll keep on keepin on just like I have been and be just fine either way.
                  Sounds like you are in a good place mentally about it, but I know it's a rub for you. I have a grandfather that's the biggest hound around and he's finally figured out "it" wasn't worth it at 85 and after 4 divorces. I never understood how he could put women ahead of his family, but we just overlooked it and sadly we don't have a relationship with him and his new wife today. Sounds like this one is latched on to your pops pretty good, but hey that's on him! At any rate you and the GF did y'alls part and can have a great Christmas together!

Comment

How would y’all handle this??

I’m a scorched earth kinda guy. Today I scorched earth like a MFer. Maybe next year will be better, but it won’t be because I lowered my standards. Don’t lower your either....for no one! Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Comment

I invited just him to thanksgiving after a big falling out between me and his gf over some comments directed at my sister and new niece. Went over like a fart in a space suit. I love having him over and being around HIM but he’s not the same person anymore that raised me to be who I am. He deserves what he allows I guess. I’m in shock that he would date/associate with someone with no class. After all the preaching and talking to I got about finding someone that represents themselves and represents you well he’s doing the opposite.

Just left a bad taste in our mouths after trying to make it nice.

Snapper is stil undefeated.

Comment

I’m sure your dad probably knew it was wrong and just puts up with it for the sake of not being alone. I’ll bet he knows how you feel and probably hopes you won’t take it to heart. I’ve been in similar instances with my father

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                          For me, this would fall in the: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." category.

Sorry your family Christmas didn't go well. Don't let it ruin your Christmas.

Merry Christmas!!
                          This right here! It's on them this time. If it happens again, it's on you.
                          I don't mean to sound stone cold hearted, but if someone shows you who they are, believe them.
                          Last edited by HeyMikey; 12-25-2020, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TTUgrad08 View Post
                            Make sure that you tell your GF she did an outstanding job and none of what transpired was her fault. Attempt a conversation with your father. Think long and hard before hosting again.

Do not let it ruin your Christmas Holliday.
                            This right here. Make sure to tell your GF she is awesome. Remember ya’ll did it for your Dad, not the freeloaders. Again, don’t let it mess up your Christmas.

Comment

Texas Grown you’ll always wish for “another day” with your folks if they were any kind of parent at all. Live your life to where there will be standing room only at your funeral.

Comment

Yep, sucks for sure. I would ask you Dad to host next year. Then leave whenever you’ve had enough. When it’s time for the dishes, that’s when you introduce the young ones to new tradition of helping out. Your Dad may know he’s in over his head.

Comment

Working...
                                X