Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 1148 shotgun

Are these good shotguns?

What’s a decent price for one in good condition?

Pretty good guns recoil operated they don't bring much $350/$400 in real good shape unless high grade or 410/28 gauge

Comment

I had one in 16ga that i really loved. It is recoil operated so it may like a heavier load.

Comment

I have a 12 gauge 11-48, it's one of my favorites.
        Funny story, I shot a box of shells with it before trading for it so I knew it shot great. When I got it home, I took it apart and gave it a deep cleaning. After that it wouldn't cycle anymore. It barely even ejected the spent shell and wouldn't chamber the next round. It took me months to figure this out and even took it to a local gunsmith with no luck.
        One day I found an old Shooters Bible in a used book store and it had an article about the 11-48 in it so I bought it. The article mentioned the cleaning process for that and said to be sure and put a light film of gun grease on the tube. I remembered cleaning the dirty grease off of the tube and then using a couple drops of oil.

Oil won't work but it runs great with a little grease!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an old 11-48 in 28 gauge that I have never shot. An old man in Jasper traded my brother in law it in the early 70’s. I traded my BIL and To my knowledge my BIL never shot the gun.

Comment

I have a 28ga with Cutts compensator that was my grandpa’s. Really fun gun and shoots great. Not the best looking with the compensator in there but shoots great. I don’t think they’re very valuable but if it was in good shape it’d be good to pick up

Comment

I had one in .410 with a fixed full choke. My great grandfather bought it for my Mom in the early 50's, and Mom only shot it a few times, but never took to hunting. Then in the early 80's the 11-48 was passed to me. Killed a ton of rabbits, squirrels, quail, and ducks with that gun. That gun never failed to cycle, and I shot it very well. In my late teens I felt I needed to get a "real" shotgun, so I sold it for about $200 at a gun show and picked up a 12 gauge. I still kick myself for selling that gun, not just because it shot so well, but more so because of the sentimental value.
              Last edited by Bigfootwolff; 10-21-2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Cool guns
                Not super valuable
                I have 12,20,28 and .410

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X