Gualdalupe River State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gualdalupe River State Park

I drew the gun antlerless/spike hunt for this park and was hoping to gather a little information before i go. I've searched on TBH and the rest of the web but havent found a whole lot. I hope the exotics show up while im there but mainly just hoping to have a good time.

Anybody been or going this year? I appreciate anything you can share!

Congrats Doug!!! Hope you kill a big axis.

Comment

Thanks im looking forward to it! I retired a couple of months ago so finally have time to do some of the public stuff for fun. This one must not be a very popular hunt???

Comment

I been once, a long time ago. My brother tagged out on deer. I saw nothing, other than a dog that came walking thru and then "treed" me in a tripod.
        Only exotics seen was some blackbucks. Think one of those were shot.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
          I been once, a long time ago. My brother tagged out on deer. I saw nothing, other than a dog that came walking thru and then "treed" me in a tripod.
          Only exotics seen was some blackbucks. Think one of those were shot.
          Thanks for the info, i would love a blackbuck!

Comment

I'll be there the first week of November with my dad and buddy. Should be a fun hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Oz_Ag View Post
              I'll be there the first week of November with my dad and buddy. Should be a fun hunt!
              I'm going the week after you. Hope yall have some good luck and can pass on some info!

Comment

I went a couple years back and shot a whitetail spike and axis doe. They have benches in the 4x4 stand that are uncomfortable. I walked in with my own chair and took the bench out. it is removable. I also brought some camo netting and covered all of the windows based on a recommendation here and think it really helped. The deer come out and look straight at the stand. all in all i had a good hunt. i shot a couple pigs also.

Comment

Saw this over the summer. I hope you get to see as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                    Saw this over the summer. I hope you get to see as much.

https://www.facebook.com/16657673343...5282497232094/
                    Dang Casey them dudes were serious!!!! Thanks i'm looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
                      I went a couple years back and shot a whitetail spike and axis doe. They have benches in the 4x4 stand that are uncomfortable. I walked in with my own chair and took the bench out. it is removable. I also brought some camo netting and covered all of the windows based on a recommendation here and think it really helped. The deer come out and look straight at the stand. all in all i had a good hunt. i shot a couple pigs also.
                      Thanks for tips! I will bring a chair and some netting with thumbtacks.

Comment

Don't forget the thermacel the skeeters will eat you alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
                          Don't forget the thermacel the skeeters will eat you alive.
                          Thanks i will always have one of those in my bag!

Comment

Congrats on retiring, Doug. Thanks for your service all those years.

Awesome video Casey!!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bob View Post
                              Congrats on retiring, Doug. Thanks for your service all those years.

Awesome video Casey!!
                              Thanks, I figured 33 years was long enough! Its time to fulfill a few of those dreams i had and doing some of the public hunting stuff is one of them! I've stil got my lease but im going to spend some time this year in the national forest and on any of the TPWD hunts i can get on. Probably start here this year and maybe try some other state next year. Life is good!

Comment

Working...
                              X