Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 09-15-2020, 09:35 AM   #151
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNP16 View Post
A quick google search is all you need and you can decipher for yourself. Not here to argue or say who is right and who is wrong, especially with someone who is childish enough to correct grammar. If you want to watch football watch it, if you don't then don't. My only point is, in todays world you are going to be indirectly supporting that movement one way or another. Walmart, Amazon and the likes you just cant stay away from all the time. I hate going to Walmart and supporting them and I try to buy local vs going to Amazon, but sometimes I have to, it just is what it is.
You said they are opening their wallets...I really am interested to what tune if indeed financially supporting, but I'm not going to research when it's on you to back up said claim. I'm certainly not doubting the possibility in today's pc world, but suspect their main contributor & backing really lies along same money trail that bank rolls antifa, that being soros. I would hope the others are more pc lip service vs financial support.

I can promise you that if any company openly advertises the support of a marxist organization like the nfl is currently doing, spitting in the face of what the US stands for will not be seeing a dime from this household. It's one thing to state support for blm in it's original intent / movement vs what it has turned into now that the truth is out & having pro sports visually promoting an anti American movement. Not sure how folks don't see the difference unless looking for a reason to excuse the viewing.

Heath has had the only honest & reasonable response being able compartmentalize by separating the two for the love of the game...I'm simply not wired to do that & it sucks. I'm not the big sports follower like many on here & really only enjoy football & motor sports. I'm not even sure what is happening politically outside of these.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 09:42 AM   #152
jer_james
Pope & Young

You can see where the large companies made equality initiatives, community organizations and contributed to the "Black Lives Matter" Movement. None of them contributed to the actual organization. The NFL didnt donate anything to the organization.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 09:44 AM   #153
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
How many times do you actually see an actor interviewed before during or after every movie? Press conferences every week? Itís completely different. Thereís a reason you see the endorsement deals and notoriety that they get.

When actors speak, itís not during the movie, but they absolutely speak.
They can speak all they want. So can football players. Just not while at work. And it doesn't bother me as much if they're asked a question pre-game. But when the NFL backs the felons and doesn't support LEO and then lets them display the BS...that's way past the line.

Just keep on trying your best to compare the two to make yourself feel better
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 09:53 AM   #154
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
They can speak all they want. So can football players. Just not while at work. And it doesn't bother me as much if they're asked a question pre-game. But when the NFL backs the felons and doesn't support LEO and then lets them display the BS...that's way past the line.

Just keep on trying your best to compare the two to make yourself feel better
So Awards shows are not part of an Actor's work? How about press junkets?

NFL does support LEO ... They've also supported the Military in a HUGE way with the Salute to Service gear.

100 percent
The NFL donates 100 percent of proceeds from the sale of Salute to Service merchandise at retail and on NFL Auction to its military non-profit partners. The NFL does not profit from the sale or auction of Salute to Service merchandise.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:29 AM   #155
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

Artos - Jeff Bezos (Amazon) pledges $10 million to BLM. Now not sure if he pulled out the purse
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 10:33 AM   #156
glen
Pope & Young

WalMart donates $100 million to “systemic racism” causes so not sure if directly to BLM or other organizations.

It’s their $$$. Just wish they would actually donate to neighborhoods and areas that need specific needs instead of political organizations
Old 09-15-2020, 10:36 AM   #157
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
WalMart donates $100 million to ďsystemic racismĒ causes so not sure if directly to BLM or other organizations.

Itís their $$$. Just wish they would actually donate to neighborhoods and areas that need specific needs instead of political organizations
There has been no mention of BLM on the list of recipients.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:39 AM   #158
Artos
Pope & Young

My guess if the current state of affairs continue & my assumption of things going full blown fubar on Nov 4 they will eventually be exposed (to the masses) as having nothing no longer to do with the original blm...it's a shame we are seeing anarchy hiding behind a name.

Would be interesting to see an audit their books / donors.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:41 AM   #159
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Artos - Jeff Bezos (Amazon) pledges $10 million to BLM. Now not sure if he pulled out the purse
I'm not sure if the actual organization was in that donation.

They were on the list of organizations for BEN, which was a company matched donation organized by the BEN.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:04 AM   #160
glen
Pope & Young

Yea I’m not sure either. I just know at one time he pledged $$$$. Now opening the purse and where the actual $$$ goes is another thing. I wish and think all books for political organizations should be open. I also think politicians should have an open book on their funding. They go in knowing this is part of it. I also think every vote a politician should be logged under his/her name.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:15 AM   #161
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
You only hang out in red zones. My liberal friends think I'm a fascist. I'm an equal opportunity antagonist. I'm not better than anyone or see anything that everyone else can't-- I just want everybody to raise their game.

Well you finally posted something that I can agree with!! The truth has been posted.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 03:51 PM   #162
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Again, I've never seen an actor talking politics as an intro before the movie starts, or during the movie, or when credits are rolling. If they want to be political off set that's their business.. Same with sports players. Why can't people see the difference?

The point in this thread was because a long time ago TBHers were ticked off about NFL players beating women or committing crimes etc.. Then it was the next step, then the next... It's ALWAYS if they take one more bad step I swear I won't watch them anymore But at least some here have flat out said it doesn't matter what they do, they'll still watch and not support (but really support lol).
I don't watch them. And you are correct they can say what they want of the job. But that doesn't mean I have to support their career by watching the latest movie they starred in or a game on TV. Life without them leaves me with more time for other things.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 03:52 PM   #163
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
How many times do you actually see an actor interviewed before during or after every movie? Press conferences every week? Itís completely different. Thereís a reason you see the endorsement deals and notoriety that they get.

When actors speak, itís not during the movie, but they absolutely speak.
It's at the academy awards or directors guild or whatever events they have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-15-2020, 03:59 PM   #164
mkguthrie
Six Point

Hunt In: London, Tx

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsn...AgORyYqy3uS1IA
mkguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 05:31 PM   #165
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Hunt In: Atoka County, OK

I would probably quit watching if the NFL actually endorsed and promoted a particular political party or candidate. I'm not a fan of the protests but unlike a lot of others here, I don't think they introduced their "politics" into the game. Nor do I believe their intent is/was to disrespect the flag, anthem, military or even country.

I get that a lot of folks want to associate these guys with all the left wing craziness but I don't think they are part of that. In fact, I think they are actually trying to raise awareness of the issue apolitically because our politicians will never solve the "race" issue as long as political leadership places more value on the issue of "racism" as a political weapon to motivate voters than they do a problem to actually be solved.

I watch NFL, NBA and NHL and while I see a lot of emphasis on social justice and racial equality, I haven't seen any "politics". I might change my mind if I start seeing "Biden 2020" emblems on jerseys but I don't think that will happen.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 06:38 PM   #166
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttechdallas View Post
I would probably quit watching if the NFL actually endorsed and promoted a particular political party or candidate. I'm not a fan of the protests but unlike a lot of others here, I don't think they introduced their "politics" into the game. Nor do I believe their intent is/was to disrespect the flag, anthem, military or even country.

I get that a lot of folks want to associate these guys with all the left wing craziness but I don't think they are part of that. In fact, I think they are actually trying to raise awareness of the issue apolitically because our politicians will never solve the "race" issue as long as political leadership places more value on the issue of "racism" as a political weapon to motivate voters than they do a problem to actually be solved.

I watch NFL, NBA and NHL and while I see a lot of emphasis on social justice and racial equality, I haven't seen any "politics". I might change my mind if I start seeing "Biden 2020" emblems on jerseys but I don't think that will happen.
I'm glad you cleared that up for us because until now I thought the BLM had a left wing political agenda.
What was I thinking....
Good grief, wise up.
The NFL carries water for the Democrat party just like the MSM.
Very astute observation on your behalf.
iamntxhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 06:49 PM   #167
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
I'm glad you cleared that up for us because until now I thought the BLM had a left wing political agenda.
What was I thinking....
Good grief, wise up.
The NFL carries water for the Democrat party just like the MSM.
Very astute observation on your behalf.
BLM the organized group is not the same as "black lives matter" as a movement or slogan. If the NFL was advocating for that group, I would stop watching.

If you want to get played by the media that is on you. MSM uses "Black Lives Matter" without distinction for that very person - sending some of you folks into a tizzy thinking they would actually support a marxist organization. The NFL has not donated a penny to those clowns nor are they making donations to political organizations.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:08 PM   #168
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Quote:
BLM the organized group is not the same as "black lives matter" as a movement or slogan. If the NFL was advocating for that group, I would stop watching.

If you want to get played by the media that is on you. MSM uses "Black Lives Matter" without distinction for that very person - sending some of you folks into a tizzy thinking they would actually support a marxist organization. The NFL has not donated a penny to those clowns nor are they making donations to political organizations.
My bad, I see it much clearer now that you explained it that way.
So which one of these two groups (BLM or black lives matter) is working with the inner city black youth to save black lives?
iamntxhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 07:16 PM   #169
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Quote:

You actually sound like a smart, reasonable man, with a clear thinking process....so I am wondering how you could be so wrong on this subject....
The NFL is pandering to BLM, as to not **** of the players and the union.....
But at a 25% decline in view ship and I am certain it will go lower from here they will either reverse course or distance themselves eventually....
I really wonder how Goodell still has a job, that dude has been a disaster as the commish....
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 07:20 PM   #170
MUZZYSLINGR
Ten Point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MUZZYSLINGR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 07:25 PM   #171
Artos
Pope & Young

Quote:
BLM the organized group is not the same as "black lives matter" as a movement or slogan.
Can you please provide links to the individual organizations so we can see the difference in their mission statements & the two different efforts being pushed & how one may be trying to distance from the other??

Is there a lawsuit to get the original movement back & for BLM stealing Black Lives Matter & using the original intent to become a marxist movement??

I wish you guys would just say: "I don't care & am gonna watch football while I hold my nose having to view all the anti American nonsense the NFL is supporting".
Old 09-16-2020, 07:30 PM   #172
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguthrie View Post

Thatís awesome. In a time when people should be stacked up in front of the tv for football too!

OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 07:43 PM   #173
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath

Quote:

I'm starting a "white lives matter" movement and it will be known as the KKK. The movement has no affiliation with the organized group so we're good, right?
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 07:44 PM   #174
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Quote:

I just canít wrap my head around the idea that they are not injecting politics into sports. itís well published That blm is a Marxist movement. Do you believe white supremacy is what is holding black lives or any other lives back today? Do you believe the ďstateĒ and vigilantes are inflicting violence on black communities? Are you a liberal? These are things blm believes and they are supported by the nfl which by any reasonable stretch means the nfl believes in white supremacy.

From their site

BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martinís murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.

We are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.

We affirm our humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

The call for Black lives to matter is a rallying cry for ALL Black lives striving for liberation.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:12 PM   #175
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Can you please provide links to the individual organizations so we can see the difference in their mission statements & the two different efforts being pushed & how one may be trying to distance from the other??

Is there a lawsuit to get the original movement back & for BLM stealing Black Lives Matter & using the original intent to become a marxist movement??

I wish you guys would just say: "I don't care & am gonna watch football while I hold my nose having to view all the anti American nonsense the NFL is supporting".

This right here , just own it. I love all the excuses.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:18 PM   #176
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post

You can actually go the NFL Charities / NFL Foundation and find this. Most of the donations though are being done through the teams and made to local neighborhood charities in the community. Not the Black Lives Matter organization.

As for the distancing and lawsuits, there is nothing they can do. The Black Lives Matter Global Foundation (the marxists) hijacked the slogan and copyrighted it. The BLM move was not and still is not today an organized entity.

Here is a link to the right leaning NY Post on the subject: https://nypost.com/2020/07/01/the-ag...om-the-slogan/

If I am not mistaken, even the NAACP has disavowed the BLM organization. There are also countless left leaning fact checkers who have had corrected MSM headlines claiming NFL (others) donated $250MM to BLM organization.

Curiously, most black people don't associate "black lives matter" with the BLM organization. But most of us Republicans do.

I got curious about this awhile back because I couldn't believe the NFL would donate any money to BLM and I didn't believe the media. Sure enough, they didn't. But then I kept seeing that same media make the same false claims or dishonest inferences about NFL, players, etc and then how they were playing the reactions by a lot of fans. Just more divisive disinformation intent on inflaming folks on either side of the politcal aisle toward the other.

Its working.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:11 PM   #177
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
You actually sound like a smart, reasonable man, with a clear thinking process....so I am wondering how you could be so wrong on this subject....
The NFL is pandering to BLM, as to not **** of the players and the union.....
But at a 25% decline in view ship and I am certain it will go lower from here they will either reverse course or distance themselves eventually....
I really wonder how Goodell still has a job, that dude has been a disaster as the commish....
I really don't know how you can definitively say anyone is right or wrong on how they see this. There are no absolute facts which prove any viewpoint is right or wrong. Only the facts we consider vs ignore plus what we're willing to assume.

The media lies to us everyday, reporting their own opinions as facts. So a lot of times, I don't buy into them until I look for more info or try to understand another perspective.

I don't think the NFL is pandering. I think they're accepting the reality that 77% of their employees and that the issue of racism is still far more prevalent than should be acceptable to anyone - including any Christian who is also a conservative Republican.

IMO, we are getting played by the Dem media into associating the NFL/athletes with all this left wing craziness. They're eating up all these boycotts because it makes us like we really are racists. That we are so offended that Black people don't see the country as we'll actually argue that racism either doesn't exist or its not that bad.

But we agree on Goodell. He has been a disaster for years - from my perspective.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:26 PM   #178
sqiggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Panola Co and Robertson Co

Quote:
So, with the letters BLM printed in on the end zones, youíre gonna continue to watch or not watch.
Iím confused
sqiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-16-2020, 09:39 PM   #179
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqiggy View Post
So, with the letters BLM printed in on the end zones, you’re gonna continue to watch or not watch.
I’m confused
Shouldn't be any confusion, I'm watching NFL football. And NBA basketball. NHL hockey. MLB Rangers, not so much but that has nothing to do with politics.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:24 AM   #180
monsterspike
Ten Point

denial is NOT a river in egypt.
monsterspike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 06:13 AM   #181
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

The country as we know it is on a fast track towards something we will not recognize.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 06:52 AM   #182
meltingfeather
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguthrie View Post

How long until ďWashington Football TeamĒ is offensive to someone?
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 06:57 AM   #183
meltingfeather
Pope & Young

Quote:
Just more divisive disinformation intent on inflaming folks on either side of the politcal aisle toward the other.

Its working.
Hook, line and sinker.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:05 AM   #184
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
You can actually go the NFL Charities / NFL Foundation and find this. Most of the donations though are being done through the teams and made to local neighborhood charities in the community. Not the Black Lives Matter organization.

As for the distancing and lawsuits, there is nothing they can do. The Black Lives Matter Global Foundation (the marxists) hijacked the slogan and copyrighted it. The BLM move was not and still is not today an organized entity.

Here is a link to the right leaning NY Post on the subject: https://nypost.com/2020/07/01/the-ag...om-the-slogan/

If I am not mistaken, even the NAACP has disavowed the BLM organization. There are also countless left leaning fact checkers who have had corrected MSM headlines claiming NFL (others) donated $250MM to BLM organization.

Curiously, most black people don't associate "black lives matter" with the BLM organization. But most of us Republicans do.

I got curious about this awhile back because I couldn't believe the NFL would donate any money to BLM and I didn't believe the media. Sure enough, they didn't. But then I kept seeing that same media make the same false claims or dishonest inferences about NFL, players, etc and then how they were playing the reactions by a lot of fans. Just more divisive disinformation intent on inflaming folks on either side of the politcal aisle toward the other.

Its working.

I don’t even know where to start with this.

We will Try here. Please point me in the direction of ANY LEFT WING, BLM-supporting organization that has disavowed BLM.

And the phrase black lives matters, and the organization, cannot be separated. Nobody was marching around screaming Black Lives Matter before the organization was founded. Therefore, that argument just doesn’t hold water.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 09-17-2020 at 07:07 AM.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 07:08 AM   #185
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
The country as we know it is on a fast track towards something we will not recognize.
**** right it is.

The denial, even here, is astounding. And quite frankly, frightening.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:12 AM   #186
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Quote:
I really don't know how you can definitively say anyone is right or wrong on how they see this. There are no absolute facts which prove any viewpoint is right or wrong. Only the facts we consider vs ignore plus what we're willing to assume.

The media lies to us everyday, reporting their own opinions as facts. So a lot of times, I don't buy into them until I look for more info or try to understand another perspective.

I don't think the NFL is pandering. I think they're accepting the reality that 77% of their employees and that the issue of racism is still far more prevalent than should be acceptable to anyone - including any Christian who is also a conservative Republican.

IMO, we are getting played by the Dem media into associating the NFL/athletes with all this left wing craziness. They're eating up all these boycotts because it makes us like we really are racists. That we are so offended that Black people don't see the country as we'll actually argue that racism either doesn't exist or its not that bad.

But we agree on Goodell. He has been a disaster for years - from my perspective.

Wait a minute
You say ďissue of racism is still far more prevalent than should be acceptable to anyoneĒ
Do you actually believe this? Not that racism exists because we all know it does and always will but do you truly believe itís still ďfar more prevalent than should be acceptable ď
This is the crux of the whole propaganda that is being spread. If you truly believe that then I can understand your position. However, there is no data that supports the rhetoric and the very idea that we have ďsystematicĒ racism whether in the world of law enforcement or otherwise is patently false and itís this very rhetoric that is so dangerous to our society. All the white folks out there that arenít racist but are being labeled as such. The very idea that one community or race is being held back due to racism in this country is at best a ridiculous idea and simply an excuse. The nfl, whether they are funneling money directly to BLM or not are perpetuating, at the very least, these ideas and once again making an excuse for a certain segment of society. Why does the nfl need a ďsocial justice fundĒ?
Please explain to me what social justice means and why is it that only blacks are victims of social injustice? Almost all the money is funneled to black Causes whether itís blm or not. Whereís the justice in that?
Not to mention many of these ďsocial justiceĒ grants are supporting political positions like a green economy or justice reform or say their name.

The nfl is a machine and they are now
Carrying the water for a cause that isnít real and that should pizz very white person off because itís the white guy thatís in the cross hairs and i just canít understand how people canít see that other than they are just ok with it. Only the white man can hold the black man down, so every social justice commercial is aimed at you if you are white. Just donít know how a man can bring themselves to support that unless:
1. You believe it
2. You are guilty of it
3. You just donít care

Old 09-17-2020, 08:23 AM   #187
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
I donít even know where to start with this.

We will Try here. Please point me in the direction of ANY LEFT WING, BLM-supporting organization that has disavowed BLM.

And the phrase black lives matters, and the organization, cannot be separated. Nobody was marching around screaming Black Lives Matter before the organization was founded. Therefore, that argument just doesnít hold water.
You are just flat wrong. Maybe you can't separate it. Or you refuse to separate it for reasons of your own choice - but not based on facts.

Same with your "nobody was marching around......." comment. And look at your characterization - marching screaming. You see and hear what you want to believe, but the vast vast majority of references to "black lives matter" have zero, zilcho, nada to do with the Black Lives Matter Global Foundation.

You're being played. The more we associate all black people with BLM and left, the wing crazies the easier it is to ignore what the majority of black people are actually trying to say.

I'm a hardcore Republican and I can neither believe nor understand why even the term "black lives matter" is so offensive to so many of us. It is obvious what it means and yet there are people who somehow distort it in implying that means their or other lives don't matter. That is as idiotic as those on the left who believe Trump thinks all immigrants are criminals, rapists, etc.

For them to actually believe he said that, they have to want to believe it. Otherwise, a simple fact check would enlighten them to as to what he really said. Same thing here. Keep on seeing what you want to believe and pretty soon we'll be just like the hate mongering crazies on the other side.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:02 AM   #188
Artos
Pope & Young

Unless you can show the distancing going on in the current media with daily enthusiasm, BLM now = Black Lives Matter...there is literally nothing in the daily news or any effort to distance the two going on?? Why, if it's so important??

Whether you want to admit it or not, the two are now one in the same in the eyes of world & until that actually happen BLM/Black Lives Matter is now considered a marxist organization & dragged the original meaning with them. You will see both BLM & Black Lives Matter T shirts in every riot & no longer matters who's wearing most likely a 20 or 30 something white antifa members.

Who here has said anything about associating all black people with a marxist organization?? BLM no longer has anything to do with racial injustice...it's all about her colorblind movement to end capitalism & the Amaerican way of life as our founders envisioned.

Last edited by Artos; 09-17-2020 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:25 AM   #189
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath

Quote:
You are just flat wrong. Maybe you can't separate it. Or you refuse to separate it for reasons of your own choice - but not based on facts.

Same with your "nobody was marching around......." comment. And look at your characterization - marching screaming. You see and hear what you want to believe, but the vast vast majority of references to "black lives matter" have zero, zilcho, nada to do with the Black Lives Matter Global Foundation.

You're being played. The more we associate all black people with BLM and left, the wing crazies the easier it is to ignore what the majority of black people are actually trying to say.

I'm a hardcore Republican and I can neither believe nor understand why even the term "black lives matter" is so offensive to so many of us. It is obvious what it means and yet there are people who somehow distort it in implying that means their or other lives don't matter. That is as idiotic as those on the left who believe Trump thinks all immigrants are criminals, rapists, etc.

For them to actually believe he said that, they have to want to believe it. Otherwise, a simple fact check would enlighten them to as to what he really said. Same thing here. Keep on seeing what you want to believe and pretty soon we'll be just like the hate mongering crazies on the other side.
We're so screwed. I pray for our country to come to its senses. If anyone questions how the progressives have come so far so fast just read this post.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 09:35 AM   #190
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:

Whoa there pal. Tread lightly. I NEVER said I associate all black peoples with BLM. that would be a rather prejudicial viewpoint, some may even say racist.

Black lives matter is a Marxist organization (Patrice Colours ,CO founder , Has expressed clearly in multiple interviews, “they are trained Marxists”. BLM is hell bent on EXASPERATING the plights the black community, NOT solving them.

One of their key objectives is the breakdown of the paternal nuclear family. If you don’t believe me look it up on their website. The CORE problem in the black community, and even the minority community as a whole, is fatherless homes. It’s also a growing issue in the white community as well. These young men grow up with no father figure in these impoverished areas riddled with crime, are going to find a father figure on the streets. So this organization that’s supposed to be for black lives, is fighting for the CORE problem as one of their biggest goals.

Ok to your next point - what exactly are black people (BLM supporters) trying to say? I reject the entire premise of what you claim they are marching for. Black people are not hunted down And disproportionately the victims of police shootings. The factual statistical data simply does not support that. If we cannot agree on the fax, how are we ever going to resolve anything in this country. Joe Biden himself said truth over facts. I’m sorry, but there is not my truth, your truth, history, her truth. The truth is the truth, and there’s no gray area today.

We have interacted several times on here, and I read all of your posts. You’re an educated man, well spoken, and probably very intelligent. You have to understand that the FBI statistics just do not support that. I can provide ample evidence of that and I have in the past. I would love to send you a book if you promise to read it. What say you? It’s short. It’s simply a narrative to drum up - exactly what we are seeing in these streets. Racial unrest, where there’s not any. Despite what the media and others want to portray, we are not, I repeat are not, in a race war.

It’s also incredibly ironic that you took issue my usage of, “marching in screaming Black Lives Matter”. Sir, they are literally walking around marching in screaming Black Lives Matter. You appear to be truth of ours.

Can I ask you another question, how do you feel about “white silence is violence.” Can silence be violence? So if they march by me and my wife at a patio eating lunch and They all have their fists raised in the air, and they proclaim that because I’m not following them, remaining silent, That I’m somehow being violent? Which would mean that they would see it fit and legal to meet my silent violence with physical violence??

Is This couple being violent ?

See the link to the book below. P.m. me your address and I’ll send it to you. I would be willing to bet you’re a big reader.

https://www.amazon.com/War-Cops-Atta...0353425&sr=8-3

Last edited by JLivi1224; 09-17-2020 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:44 AM   #191
Rigging Cooks
Six Point

NFL...I fart in their general direction... I'm done!
Rigging Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 09:45 AM   #192
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

[QUOTE=ttechdallas;15105930]You are just flat wrong. Maybe you can't separate it. Or you refuse to separate it for reasons of your own choice - but not based on facts.

For them to actually believe he said that, they have to want to believe it. Otherwise, a simple fact check would enlighten them to as to what he really said. Same thing here. Keep on seeing what you want to believe and pretty soon we'll be just like the hate mongering crazies on the other

The only people that are being played are the ones that buy into blm and there are no two entities of blm. Thats a lie too.
Blm says black peope are oppressed and preyed upon by systematic racism can we agree on that?
If thatís the case then blm is a lie and the narrative is simply false.
Unless, again, you actually believe that narrative.

Old 09-17-2020, 10:27 AM   #193
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Ok it’s full blown TDS. I JUST REALIZED.

If you believe Trump said all immigrants are criminals, rapists etc....YOU are the one being played.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:40 AM   #194
Artos
Pope & Young

From the top dog with the intel.

Attorney General William Barr accused the 'Black Lives Matter' movement of using the issue of Black people shot by police as a tool for a larger political agenda instead of sincerely trying to help those they claim to support.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bar...s-matter-props
Old 09-17-2020, 11:44 AM   #195
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
**** right it is.

The denial, even here, is astounding. And quite frankly, frightening.
Yes sir
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2020, 08:36 AM   #196
meltingfeather
Pope & Young

Default Question for those who still watch NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post
The very idea that one community or race is being held back due to racism in this country is at best a ridiculous idea and simply an excuse.
This is the problem.
You have no idea what youíre talking about. Itís the same reason I think liberal progressives are a big, maybe the biggest factor in continuing racial bias and racism. Instead of looking at their own inherent bias, which we all have, and the role it plays, they consider themselves ďwokeĒ and that the problem lies elsewhere.
Iíd bet you also think the American healthcare system is the best in the world, despite the fact that it is vastly more expensive and has poorer outcomes than essentially the entire developed world, including places like Cuba and Costa Rica. Lower life expectancy, higher infant mortality, higher morbidity for every age group, on and on and on.
Thatís blind loyalty to an ideology that fits with what you prefer to think, not clear headed assessment of facts.

Last edited by meltingfeather; 09-19-2020 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #197
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Quote:
This is the problem.
You have no idea what youíre talking about.
Iíd bet you also think the American healthcare system is the best in the world, despite the fact that it is vastly more expensive and has poorer outcomes than essentially the entire developed world, including places like Costa Rica.
Thatís blind loyalty to an ideology that fits with what you prefer to think, not clear headed assessment of facts.

Well thatís whatís great about our country you can have an opinion that differs from mine. Please explain what race is being held back in America today by another race?

And What does health care have to do with blm and why are we talking about COSTA rica? I assume thatís where you want to live because you have obviously researched it so just go and leave this racist country.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:47 AM   #198
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:
You have no idea what youíre talking about.
I am going to out on a limb and say that the consensus around here believe this of you.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2020, 09:50 AM   #199
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Ok itís full blown TDS. I JUST REALIZED.

If you believe Trump said all immigrants are criminals, rapists etc....YOU are the one being played.
If this is in reference to my comment above then you misread what I said. I said the ones who believe he said that are the ones being played. I agree they are suffering from TDS.

Politics has a way of manipulating us into believing every issue is a zero sum equation - as though two things can't be true at the same time. The false choice arguments and analogies politicians and the media overwhelm us with daily has created alternate realities on both sides.

Black lives matter does not mean any other lives don't. Supporting blue lives doesn't mean you are anti-black lives. That there are awful, liberal crazies, some of whom are black, within these protests doesn't mean that all those who support the black lives movement are anywhere near of the same ilk.

Just like the racial bigots who quietly believe in some aspects of white supremacy and hide among us does not make us all white supremacists. False choice arguments are going to divide this country beyond repair but it what both sides to motivate their folks to get out and vote.

There have been several recent polls in black communities including in areas where there has been sustained protests. By a significant majority, black citizens including the protesters wanted a stronger police presence within their communities - not less, not zero. When I read that I was curious how the media would play that - they pretty much ignored it on both sides.

I agree there is a civil war at hand with the far left. I also think they have tried to hijack the racial unrest as part of their insanity. I do not believe the "black lives matter" movement unto itself is part of that. Certainly not the NFL, player protests. But we're being manipulated into believing they are and that is a big problem for the Republican party.

The Democrats do little on the issue of racism other than stoke fears to motivate Black voters to vote for their side. Republicans pretty much ignore them Black voters while arguing "we're not racist".

That is what these protests are about, despite the left wing goons trying to hijack it are trying to do. They are happening in communities that have Dem mayors and governors almost forever.

If the Republican party was more interested in ending racism than claiming it really isn't there, we would win over the Black vote in relatively short time. We should be anti-racism period and be calling it out when and where we see it. Then it will become a lot easier to ferret out and expose those false, often dishonest claims that are made.

There was a time that I might have agreed with a lot of your and others' thinking here. The enemy here is a subset of the Democratic party and they are mostly rich and white + plus whoever else they can manipulate into joining their craziness. IMO, we're just helping them on this whole issue of how we're interpreting and responding to the majority of those protesting.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:27 PM   #200
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

To those who believe racism is out of control. Stop writing books and answer a few easy questions.

1. Provide an example or two of systematic racism. Show us how one race holds down another.

2. Which race (per capita) is given the most welfare? Which one gets the most help with college funds? Who qualifies the most for section 8 housing? Who gets to have lower test scores and be admitted into college over white kids with higher scores?

Fact is we can sit here all day long as list what they get. BLM only uses the fact that they are "poor" as their proof. But every single piece of real data shows they have a ton more opportunity than others. It's their choice to not use it.

3. Name one Country, State, town on planet Earth that's 80+% black and not a craphole. Please explain how that's the white mans fault. If it is then the white man must be super busy traveling the world to make sure they're all poor.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top