Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 09-13-2020, 09:21 PM   #1
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba
Default Question for those who still watch NFL

For those who still watch the NFL - What would they have to do/say before you stop supporting them?

I'd like a few serious answers.

Please do not reply saying... I never watched NFL...Or other comments. I'm just trying to ask the people who still watch a question. Just curious if they can tune out everything no matter what they do/say and watch football.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 09:24 PM   #2
JerryC
Ten Point

Hunt In: Ft Bend County

Good question. You have my curiosity also.
JerryC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 09:24 PM   #3
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX

Iíd like to see these answers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 09:31 PM   #4
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

I don’t support them. I watch them on TV. If they started playing baseball or soccer, I would stop watching them. Today I floated in my pool, drinking a beer, watching a game while my kid napped. I bet I had a better day than you. You complain. A lot.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 09:45 PM   #5
PVDT
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
I donít support them. I watch them on TV. If they started playing baseball or soccer, I would stop watching them. Today I floated in my pool, drinking a beer, watching a game while my kid napped. I bet I had a better day than you. You complain. A lot.
So where does someone begin with a comment on that post? It looks to me like youíre the one complaining about the gentlemanís genuine question. And watching them would be supporting them. Not watching them is what would be called not supporting them.
PVDT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 09:49 PM   #6
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDT View Post
So where does someone begin with a comment on that post? It looks to me like youíre the one complaining about the gentlemanís genuine question. And watching them would be supporting them. Not watching them is what would be called not supporting them.
So if I watch the news, am I supporting it? I donít think so. I just watch the local news because itís entertaining. I donít buy merch and I havenít purchased tickets in a very long time. If a prison league was free and entertaining, Iíd probably watch it.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:51 PM   #7
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX

Sometimes you have to stand for something....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 09:52 PM   #8
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people

Nothing. I separate my sports / entertainment from my beliefs. I donít mix the two.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 09:54 PM   #9
BarW
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tyler, Polk, Angelina counties, Colorado

Quote:
So if I watch the news, am I supporting it? I donít think so. I just watch the local news because itís entertaining. I donít buy merch and I havenít purchased tickets in a very long time. If a prison league was free and entertaining, Iíd probably watch it.
Would you for any reason ever stop watching?
I loved football watched it for 30 years.
Don't watch any sports now because I just want the sports not the activism.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
BarW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 10:01 PM   #10
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: A warm enclosed blind

I'll chime in.

Pro ball, I only watch the Cowboys. Always have always will.

College ball I would watch Austin College play McMurry if it was on tv.

I don't watch "The game" like most people do. As many of yall know I coached small College football for 25 years. I see 11 guys trying to do their job on each play to be successful as one unit. Then there are 11 guys trying to stop you from being successful.

Coaches competing against each other to put their players in the best position to win every week.

I don't see names just numbers and watch them give it their all.

I coached alot of great young people, black, white and brown. I also coached some real ****e heads, black, white and brown. We kept the good people and got rid of the bad people. I still talk with many of my players today. I know that many other coaches and players are just like me and my ex players. Most talk is about life, families, kids and not football related.

I don't watch pregame shows. If a game starts at 3, I tune in at 3:05 just to watch the game.

You choose not to watch and that's ok.
I choose to watch only the Cowboys and that's ok.
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 10:01 PM   #11
No-Tox
Ten Point

Hunt In: Ellis County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Nothing. I separate my sports / entertainment from my beliefs. I donít mix the two.
Exactly. Just like actors always giving their opinions, whether in an interview or awards show. It doesn't stop me from going to the movies.
No-Tox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 10:02 PM   #12
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarW View Post
Would you for any reason ever stop watching?
I loved football watched it for 30 years.
Don't watch any sports now because I just want the sports not the activism.

Yes, if I was no longer entertained. I donít watch it for their opinions or because I care about them as people. Just like any other form of entertainment that is broadcast on my television.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:10 PM   #13
Terry
Ten Point

If you watch the news you are supporting whatever program it is on. Now I believe Jane Fonda is a good actress and has been in several good movies according to reviews and sales. As a Viet Nam vet I will never watch the *****. As for the NFL, many years ago I had to present American Flags to grieving families. The NFL can go to hell with the rapist they honor on their helmets.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 10:14 PM   #14
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
If you watch the news you are supporting whatever program it is on. Now I believe Jane Fonda is a good actress and has been in several good movies according to reviews and sales. As a Viet Nam vet I will never watch the *****. As for the NFL, many years ago I had to present American Flags to grieving families. The NFL can go to hell with the rapist they honor on their helmets.
Thanks for your service. I respect your right not to watch what you arenít interested in.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:14 PM   #15
ATXRaider83
Six Point

Hunt In: Garza County

Its very easy to watch football for football and ignore anything political..especially if you mute the sound.

ATXRaider83 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-13-2020, 10:16 PM   #16
Jon B
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Tx and the Western States

I decided I was done with this latest BS. I watch football to see a game not activism. The cowboys couldn't honor the five LEOs killed in Dallas at a BLM protest by a BLM member but they can put BLM on their helmet and honor an accused rapist? All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing....and tonight I am watching hunting shows instead of the cowboys.
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 05:25 AM   #17
lunatic'hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Colorado, Montana

Yup, I quit watching nfl a couple of years ago. College ball was what I really enjoyed. You want to watch a real sport, tune in to PBR on CBSSN. Nobody's names on their hats or locking arms and singing "Kumbaya". And where everyone stands for the National Anthem. I'm out.
Attached Images

lunatic'hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 05:45 AM   #18
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

Well,let's see..Pro ball players have commited murder,rape's,sold illegal drugs,hit & run's,and child abuse.Now they're kneeling during the national anthem,with felon's names on their helmet's..I guess if I haven't stopped watching the NFL by now,I probably wont.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 06:44 AM   #19
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post
If you watch them then you are supporting them but if youíre too stupid to understand that then you shouldnít be responding. You troll a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I LOL'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon B View Post
I decided I was done with this latest BS. I watch football to see a game not activism. The cowboys couldn't honor the five LEOs killed in Dallas at a BLM protest by a BLM member but they can put BLM on their helmet and honor an accused rapist? All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing....and tonight I am watching hunting shows instead of the cowboys.
Lots of folks have forgotten this!
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 06:52 AM   #20
Reel cajun
Four Point

Default Nfl

Nfl=not for long
Reel cajun is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 06:55 AM   #21
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart8 View Post
Well,let's see..Pro ball players have commited murder,rape's,sold illegal drugs,hit & run's,and child abuse.Now they're kneeling during the national anthem,with felon's names on their helmet's..I guess if I haven't stopped watching the NFL by now,I probably wont.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
I was just wondering if they came out and fundraised for the players defense for beating their wife/girlfriend...or said they were ok with the rape of children and had something on their helmets to show that...

But I guess we got the answer..Which is, I like football and nothing else matters. And that's fine. I was just curious if there was a line to be drawn in the sand.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:02 AM   #22
Fishndude
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mason, Ellis and Dimmit counties

Quote:
The NFL has mixed the two. Itís in their name. National FOOTBALL League.
Fishndude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 07:10 AM   #23
camoclad
Eight Point

Hunt In: central tx

I didnt watch, and I love football. It sucked, but I have found that my life has been full of denying myself, in order to do the right thing, which sucks...

Whatever happened to the cowboys and texans 2020 threads? Just out of curiosity...
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 07:23 AM   #24
cva34
Ten Point

Hunt In: LOOKING

WithALL Sports when the" Pull Those Million Dollar Pay checks" From Kneelers and Boycotters .. I might consider watchin again
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 07:26 AM   #25
tfrye
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jack County

Football and golf are the only two sports that I really watch and pay attention too so it would take a lot to make me stop watching. I don't agree with how they are handling things but it has not personally affected my life. If they made me buy certain shirts/hats and agree and support their belief then I would stop watching/supporting the NFL. Until they make me do that or support something that I don't agree with I will watch.

To me, it's comparable to the President of the United States. I don't own a small business but I make decent money and pay my taxes. With that being said no President since I have been alive (I'm 27) has changed the way I live my life or affected me personally. Now, I know this is dangerous thinking because it is a slippery slope and eventually this could change, but to me I just keep on going and until it changes my day to day life I don't get too worked up.
tfrye is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 07:33 AM   #26
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrye View Post
Football and golf are the only two sports that I really watch and pay attention too so it would take a lot to make me stop watching. I don't agree with how they are handling things but it has not personally affected my life. If they made me buy certain shirts/hats and agree and support their belief then I would stop watching/supporting the NFL. Until they make me do that or support something that I don't agree with I will watch.

To me, it's comparable to the President of the United States. I don't own a small business but I make decent money and pay my taxes. With that being said no President since I have been alive (I'm 27) has changed the way I live my life or affected me personally. Now, I know this is dangerous thinking because it is a slippery slope and eventually this could change, but to me I just keep on going and until it changes my day to day life I don't get too worked up.
If you paid attention to these politicians you would realize they all have a day to day affect on your life.
Yo
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 07:36 AM   #27
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Imagine your a cop providing security at a stadium for the billionaire and millionaires and they all slap you in the face with blatant disrespect by wearing the names of people who tried to kill you or one of your brothers and sisters in blue.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 08:00 AM   #28
CEO
Pope & Young

Had an interesting conversation about this Saturday night. Wife and I went to dinner with my buddy and his girlfriend. He is an Army Vet, fought in Iraq, and hates all the social justice stuff happening in sports. He said as bad as he wants to turn off sports he cannot physically do it. It is his only outlet. This is the guy I attend pretty much all sporting events with so I know how much he loves it.

Was a little strange though. He looked ashamed when he told me that. For him I don't think anything could make him give it up.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 08:17 AM   #29
huntmaster
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Archer County

I watched the cowboys lastnite and felt uneasy doing it. Everytime I saw the crap on their helmets and thought about when the cowboys were told they couldnt put the ambushed police on their helmets a few years ago or that Tebow couldnt wear scripture or kneel to pray, it made me sick to my stomach. I may watch the cowboys again but it wont be soon, I felt like a traitor to my beliefs.
huntmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 08:25 AM   #30
saintsfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Illinois, Utah, Nevada, Colorado

I tried to watch 2 games yesterday. Unfortunately during both games there were political messages shared that I disagreed with, so I turned the channel to bow hunting.

It is strange that watching football, gave me some sense of "normalcy"... until the political messages brought me back to the new reality.
saintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 08:30 AM   #31
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Polk/San Jacinto

I haven't watched as much the last few years but don't plan to watch any this year. Actually cut the Direct TV off last week, live sports was the only excuse I had for keeping it. The Astros hurt more than NFL but I haven't watched a single pitch since they decided to wear those shirts on opening day.
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 08:41 AM   #32
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:

This statement right here is the very description of where we are in America today... APATHY... We've been in the Apathy stage of the decline of a Democracy for a while now. The next step is the end of freedom as we know it.... If it doesn't affect me in my daily life, it's OK. I just keep on keeping on... By the time it DOES affect you, it will be too late... What a pitiful state of affairs this once proud nation is in. God help us...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 08:42 AM   #33
TC
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hamilton County

Quote:
This is the perfect response IMO.

The NFL is in a lose/lose situation. They're ****ed if they do and ****ed if they don't. Unfortunately we live in a world where you cannot please everyone.

PSA: That was not offensive pass interference!
TC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 08:51 AM   #34
powderburner
Eight Point

Hunt In: Zapata-San Ygnacio

I do not watch them to develop, support, or justify my personal or political beliefs.

They are paid to do a job as long as I can watch that job. what happens between the white lines I am going to. Commercials well heck we could have a commercial run during the games if we wanted to pay the money.

If you let your beliefs be governed by other then they were never yours to begin with.
powderburner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 08:53 AM   #35
Pineywoods
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX, North TX, & SE Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
This statement right here is the very description of where we are in America today... APATHY... We've been in the Apathy stage of the decline of a Democracy for a while now. The next step is the end of freedom as we know it.... If it doesn't affect me in my daily life, it's OK. I just keep on keeping on... By the time it DOES affect you, it will be too late... What a pitiful state of affairs this once proud nation is in. God help us...
Agreed
Pineywoods is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 08:53 AM   #36
Eastwood
Six Point

I only watch because I've been in a fantasy league with my friends for years. I really enjoy that aspect and watching the cowboys. I can't stand all the activism, but I'm reminded of this nations attention span and I know this will all disappear after the election. If this continues next year, I will probably quit my league and quit watching.
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 08:55 AM   #37
HoustonHunter94
Pope & Young

I like to gamble on the games. I don't pay much attention to the nonsense. Pretty much any entertainment out there will be ruined if you want to get into the entertainers politics and beliefs. Thats why we have a boycott thread every week, its hard to keep up with who I am supposed to be mad at.
HoustonHunter94 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 08:55 AM   #38
tfrye
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jack County

Quote:
I understand how people could take my post, but I have a backbone and strong beliefs so I am not the majority but understand what you mean. This was my answer for the sports question. I will watch sports until they make me do or agree to something that I don't.

I am also not the type to boycott stuff either, I understand and know why others do but I have never done that.
tfrye is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 09:07 AM   #39
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

Quote:
Same with music. I love all genres of music and listen to hip hop regularly when working out. Most of them fools in everyday life are idiots but they got jams. After I workout and cooling off, I take it down a notch to my classic country playlist. lol Now I'm sitting in my office and Born In The Usa just came on Alexa. **** good tune but Bruce is a pos but let em slide because again, I like good music.

Then we got shopping...Amazon, HEB, Target etc etc.all known panderers to the left. Now here we are with football which I consider the gateway to the fall/hunting season. I am a huge Alabama fan and will be watching when they take the field.

I'm sitting here thinking if I boycotted everything I disagreed with, I should just go ahead and move into the middle of the Davey Crockett National Forest with my rifle and a lean to shelter. Heck that don't sound half bad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Johnny; 09-14-2020 at 09:10 AM.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 09:21 AM   #40
rladner
Pope & Young

Quote:
Not arguing with you or your stance, just saying that whenever we watch anything on TV we are supporting it. The TV shows are based on revenue generated by advertising dollars, which is generated by viewership. If you are a viewer you are helping them to make money, hence you are supporting them. Again, not arguing your stance or anything just pointing out how it works, which is why News Stations no longer simply report unbiased news. They are all fighting for your viewership, which is why they cater to your views or viewpoints as much as possible and sensationalize everything. It generates money for them. If the NFL ratings tanked then the NFL would have to figure out what the problems are and try to fix them because they couldn't sustain the revenue loss from the TV rights they get.
rladner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 09:23 AM   #41
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
Not arguing with you or your stance, just saying that whenever we watch anything on TV we are supporting it. The TV shows are based on revenue generated by advertising dollars, which is generated by viewership. If you are a viewer you are helping them to make money, hence you are supporting them. Again, not arguing your stance or anything just pointing out how it works, which is why News Stations no longer simply report unbiased news. They are all fighting for your viewership, which is why they cater to your views or viewpoints as much as possible and sensationalize everything. It generates money for them. If the NFL ratings tanked then the NFL would have to figure out what the problems are and try to fix them because they couldn't sustain the revenue loss from the TV rights they get.
Fair point.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:23 AM   #42
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Same with music. I love all genres of music and listen to hip hop regularly when working out. Most of them fools in everyday life are idiots but they got jams. After I workout and cooling off, I take it down a notch to my classic country playlist. lol Now I'm sitting in my office and Born In The Usa just came on Alexa. **** good tune but Bruce is a pos but let em slide because again, I like good music.

Then we got shopping...Amazon, HEB, Target etc etc.all known panderers to the left. Now here we are with football which I consider the gateway to the fall/hunting season. I am a huge Alabama fan and will be watching when they take the field.

I'm sitting here thinking if I boycotted everything I disagreed with, I should just go ahead and move into the middle of the Davey Crockett National Forest with my rifle and a lean to shelter. Heck that don't sound half bad.
Pretty much spot on to my thinking. I dont have to agree with EVERYTHING someone says or does.

I have no issue with people boycotting. Makes no difference to me. If I did decide to boycott, I would never expect anyone else to.

I do think there is a time where I'd shut it off, but I believe that line is completely ridiculous and would never happen.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 09:28 AM   #43
Stuck
Pope & Young

Quote:
Quote:
I understand how people could take my post, but I have a backbone and strong beliefs so I am not the majority but understand what you mean. This was my answer for the sports question. I will watch sports until they make me do or agree to something that I don't.

I am also not the type to boycott stuff either, I understand and know why others do but I have never done that.
Obviously SSís statement went right over your head.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 09:51 AM   #44
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
I like to gamble on the games. I don't pay much attention to the nonsense. Pretty much any entertainment out there will be ruined if you want to get into the entertainers politics and beliefs. Thats why we have a boycott thread every week, its hard to keep up with who I am supposed to be mad at.
There's a world of difference between the owners and players both agreeing with BLM and visually pushing it during games.. And an individual actor having a political view that's not pushed in the movie he plays in. Imagine if actor "x" and the movie director pushed a political theme IN every movie.. Then you'd be talking closer to the same thing.

And is wanting to kill LEOs a political stance? Since when has everything including murder become politics?

And same with music. I would still listen to music I like if I found out the singer or group were liberal. But if they put in liberal politics into every song and pushed their views through the music I'd stop.

So where is the line with the NFL? What if they start saying it's ok to beat women. Will you guys ignore that if they bragged about the women they beat and put their names on their helmets?
Old 09-14-2020, 09:55 AM   #45
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Pretty much spot on to my thinking. I dont have to agree with EVERYTHING someone says or does.

I have no issue with people boycotting. Makes no difference to me. If I did decide to boycott, I would never expect anyone else to.

I do think there is a time where I'd shut it off, but I believe that line is completely ridiculous and would never happen.
Can you explain what would be more ridiculous than supporting BLM and these felons? Standing with the side wanting to kill LEOs.

If you don't feel the need to boycott anything with what's going on now then I'd wager you will never boycott anything for and reason.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:58 AM   #46
eastxhunter
Banned!!!

Hunt In: The moderators favorite stand

Quote:
I donít support them. I watch them on TV.
Lol fail
eastxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 09:58 AM   #47
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

Heck I’ll watch if I feel like watching football- I guess you don’t watch any movies or tv for that matter. Most of the acting crew have made similar comments and done exactly as the NFL has. I guess you could watch black&white older TV but most of those companies are still in business and now similar to NFL. Plus you can’t goto HEB- Chic Fli A, and the list goes on.

So yea I’ll watch it- 11 guys lined up against 11 guys still playing under same rules and hitting. The little I did watch yesterday I didn’t hear any political by the announcers
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 10:00 AM   #48
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Can you explain what would be more ridiculous than supporting BLM and these felons? Standing with the side wanting to kill LEOs.

If you don't feel the need to boycott anything with what's going on now then I'd wager you will never boycott anything for and reason.
Not one person in the NFL has said or is saying they want to kill LEO's ... If you want to believe that, go right ahead. I still believe you can say Black Lives Matter without supporting the organization that took that name. I get it if you don't want to separate the phrase from the organization, but that's your choice.

There is a line, but again, I dont believe it will ever happen. I will let you know when it does.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:01 AM   #49
unclefish
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Central TX, Elk in NM

The NFL has been blatantly unpatriotic in their stance. I try to always err on the side of being a patriot....I won't watch a bunch of pansy liberals run up and down a field that is protected by the people who are hurt the most by BLM.

Siding with an organization that condones the killing of cops is not what an American sports league should be.
unclefish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2020, 10:02 AM   #50
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Heck Iíll watch if I feel like watching football- I guess you donít watch any movies or tv for that matter. Most of the acting crew have made similar comments and done exactly as the NFL has. I guess you could watch black&white older TV but most of those companies are still in business and now similar to NFL. Plus you canít goto HEB- Chic Fli A, and the list goes on.

So yea Iíll watch it- 11 guys lined up against 11 guys still playing under same rules and hitting. The little I did watch yesterday I didnít hear any political by the announcers
I really dont think people understand that a game is about 3 hours long, and the talk of anything outside of the game is about 1/10 of that time.