Re-zero or just new dope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-zero or just new dope

My scope's have been rock solid as far as holding zero so far. Taking 7mm rm and .270 from 400 ft to 9k ft. In less dense air and a slightly reduced acceleration of gravity you would expect them to shoot high. Both are zeroed at 200. Ballistics calculation on the 7mm rm show that you could expect a little less than 1/4 moa or 1/10 mil rise at 200 yards. I am thinking just compute dope for 9k and be done.

I do the middle so 4500 ft and like 50degrees

Comment

How far do you expect to shoot? I would dope it but anything less than several hundred yards should not make an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post
        How far do you expect to shoot? I would dope it but anything less than several hundred yards should not make an issue.

I always prepare for 600 but I have taken all my shot less than 400.

Comment

1/4 moa difference at 200yards will not be noticeable at 600 as human error will be greater than that. I would take a test shot up there and can just adjust the dope accordingly.

Comment

Thanks all for confirming.

Comment

If you know you’re dope at 100 and have all your data at 9000k then there should be zero need to rezero. Within 100-200 yds it doesn’t make enough difference to matter. If your actually having to make adjustments your conditions should be accounted for anyways.

Comment

Working...
              X