Youth Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Weekend

Hey all, I have a question that I havent found a clear answer on. My son is 6 years old and wants to go hunting this weekend. I have him dialed in with my SBR 300blackout and he can hold his own shooting out to 100 yards.
    My question is he cannot get a license without hunters safety and cannot take hunters safety until he is 9. Can I still take him during youth only season and me tag the deer?

He can get a license

Give em your DL and they print it in his name. You CAN NOT tag his deer

Comment

Your son can definitely get a license. It's $7 I believe. He has to hunt with you since he doesn't have hunters ed yet. Any deer he shoots has to be with his tags. Good luck

Comment

My son is 6 and has bought 2 hunting license and they didn’t ask anything about hunters Ed

Comment

Get him a license it is $7.00. Hunter Ed isn't required for the purchase. Bought my son his first youth license yesterday and he is 6.

Comment

In fact this year I gave them her name and DOB and they printed it out. $7. They sign the back. All legal

Comment

It looks like youth out of state is only $7 also?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                Hey all, I have a question that I havent found a clear answer on. My son is 6 years old and wants to go hunting this weekend. I have him dialed in with my SBR 300blackout and he can hold his own shooting out to 100 yards.
                My question is he cannot get a license without hunters safety and cannot take hunters safety until he is 9. Can I still take him during youth only season and me tag the deer?
                He can be 15 or 16 and not have Hunter’s Ed & get a license. He just has to hunt with you until he takes the Hunters Ed Course. Your answer is in the faq in the link below.

If you were born on or after September 2, 1971 and you are:

under 9 years of age, you must be accompanied*.

age 9 through 16, you must successfully complete hunter education, OR you must be accompanied.

age 17 and over, you must successfully complete hunter education; OR purchase a “Hunter Education Deferral,” and you must be accompanied.
                Last edited by Das71198; 10-30-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Like others said he just has to be with you and use his own tag. Good luck and post up some pictures.

Comment

Good luck and great job getting him out there!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all! I bet he will be excited to get his own license anyway.

Comment

Most definitely! My kids were just as excited about getting their license as they were to hunt when they were that age

Good luck to y’all!! Hope he drops one

Comment

Oh man it's the most awesome thing to see. I remember one of mine was upset because the kids at school didn't believe he had a hunting license (big city school) so he asked to take it to school to show them. I bet the grin never left his face that whole day with it in his pocket.

Comment

Working...
                          X