Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of your dogs ever ingested this TOMkat mouse poision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My little lab ate some when she was a puppy. Nothing happened at all and she lived to be 13 yrs old.

Comment

A long time ago, my dog ate some and I didn't know about it until a week later. She got the smallest little pin hole on her tongue. She started bleeding and it just kept getting worse. It took 3 trips to the vet to finally get her better, but the vet said she lived that long because good quality dog food has Vit. K added in case they eat a rodent that died from eating it.
      Would I take him tomorrow? Heck yeah. He still needs the injections and probably some pills for a few days too.

Comment

Can you guys describe the peroxide thing and how you induced vomiting for those of us that may need to do it in the future? Hoping your pup pulls through ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Can you guys describe the peroxide thing and how you induced vomiting for those of us that may need to do it in the future? Hoping your pup pulls through ok!
          I had a pup get into some rat poison and just gave him a tablespoon of peroxide. I had to hold him down and pour it down his mouth, but after I did, it went to work. He threw up for a good 10 minutes and never had an issue afterwards. Vet said not to bother bringing him in as I caught him as he was doing it. It’s pretty simple just pour a TBS down his throat and back away lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkennedy26 View Post
            My jack Russell ate some one time. Gave him vitamin k for two weeks. He made it through
            My jack has chewed on them before and he's still here. I just holler at him and take it..no special injections or vet visit here.

Comment

I’ve “drenched” 2 of my dogs over the years with a syringe full of hydrogen peroxide. It took two full syringes both times before the purging began and they were completely emptied out and both fully recovered.

OP I bet your dog is fine if you could see the poison thrown up. How long was it after he ate it that you gave him the peroxide.

Comment

My Sons dog ate the green pellets, probly same effect. We poured hydrogen peroxide down her throat and she puked up the pellets. She was fine afterwards, it’s been a couple years now. Good luck.

Comment

Any of your dogs ever ingested this TOMkat mouse poision?

I had one who loved orthene fire ant killer, and she ate some green mouse bait. She’d throw it up on her own, had to induce vomiting once. Never got any supplements or shots, but we fed her quality food.

If you guys ever run into this, need to induce vomiting, and don’t have peroxide handy...shove a handful of table salt down their gullet. But do it outside, and have some water handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys, hes doing good today. Ate this morning like normal. I've had him on Purina One Venison and Turkey since he was a puppy.

He's looking good this morning and doing his thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I called my Vet, explained it all to him. He said well congratulations...you did exactly what you should've done. He said to bring him in Monday morning for CVC...if blood work shows bad then we will start the Vit K.

Comment

Glad to hear he is doing good! Scary situation there.

Comment

YES! Took her to the vet, and they put something in her EYE, and with in minutes, she puked most of it up. Then they used a huge syringe full of charcoal and forced it down her throat. An hour later, she puked again (this time in my truck). She was sickly for the next day, but came back strong. Glad to hear he is doing better.
                          Lesto!!

Comment

If you put your dog in a leglock and take a liter bottle of HP and forcefully shove it in the dogs mouth and squeeze it....they will either swallow or drown!!!

Several years ago my neighbor lady caught me out back in my garden, screaming bloody murder that her big yellow lab house dog had eaten a whole box of rat/mouse poison and that's how I did it. After the 1st bottle the dog puked up a bunch of it and then I forcefully gave a second liter to her for good measure. No worse for wear other than she never trusted me petting her after that....lol!!

The dog lived to a ripe old age and died of old age!!

Comment

I just put out the Tomcat bait station. Yesterday the neighbors lab was trying to carry it off. I yelled at her and she dropped it.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                                I just put out the Tomcat bait station. Yesterday the neighbors lab was trying to carry it off. I yelled at her and she dropped it.
                                **** smells like peanut butter candy.

Thanks guys, appreciate the concern and glad Hank is alright too. Yeah that HP worked quick...I gave him 4 tablespoons, it emptied the contents of his stomach down to bile.

Comment

Working...
                                X