Lake Meredith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haulinbass02 View Post
    I’m just trying to get away from the highway enough to setup a base camp and be a little hidden. Don’t want people jacking with my camp while we’re hunting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure if it’s drivable in trucks or not. I think a lot of the area burnt up this summer. Google blue creek fire lake Meredith. From one map I saw, it looked like creek to lake was pretty torched.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
      Not sure if it’s drivable in trucks or not. I think a lot of the area burnt up this summer. Google blue creek fire lake Meredith. From one map I saw, it looked like creek to lake was pretty torched.
      Wouldn't be surprised, was alot of dry brush just building up out there.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post

Yep

Comment

Can you park a truck in Rosita and pack into the Bonita/Chicken area for bow? Still mulling where I want to try to hunt this season...

Comment

Originally posted by cfarrow View Post
            Can you park a truck in Rosita and pack into the Bonita/Chicken area for bow? Still mulling where I want to try to hunt this season...
            You can but will have atvs and dirt bikes riding around all day. Really wish they weren't allowed out there.

Comment

Does OnX maps have the hunting boundaries marked for the lake?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Does OnX maps have the hunting boundaries marked for the lake?

When I hunted there most of the boundary fences was marked with private property signs.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  When I hunted there most of the boundary fences was marked with private property signs.
                  I didn’t think of that, thank you.
                  I did sign up for a free trial of OnX after I started this thread and it appears the boundaries are on the maps.
                  I’m thinking about going out there next year so I do appreciate your input

Comment

I didn’t think of that, thank you.
                    I did sign up for a free trial of OnX after I started this thread and it appears the boundaries are on the maps.
                    I’m thinking about going out there next year so I do appreciate your input
                    Lots of fun. I lived in Fritch for almost 3 years and hunted there often. I never did find a muley but always killed whitetail. Gun hunting though.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Lots of fun. I lived in Fritch for almost 3 years and hunted there often. I never did find a muley but always killed whitetail. Gun hunting though.

Thanks for the input. I think it would be good cheap fun to explore that place. I’ve hunted out west a lot over the last 25+ years and think I need a change of scenery. I may not kill a MD but looking for one should be an adventure

Comment

Are there any Quail or pheasants in the area?

Comment

Are there any Quail or pheasants in the area?

Definitely quail. When I used to hunt out there, there was a quail with a bird dog that hunted it a bunch.

Comment

Definitely no pheasant. There are bobwhite but, as in most places in the rolling plains, the population is dismal this year.

Comment

Thanks for the replies fellas. I’m really just looking for an excuse to go all the way up there to look at the place.

Comment

Thanks for the replies fellas. I’m really just looking for an excuse to go all the way up there to look at the place.
                                It’s a cool spot. Duck hunting can be phenomenal there also if you’re into that kind of thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X