• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that would be great. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WesHallum View Post
      Yeah that would be great. Thanks

Was trying to send a PM with the attachment but can’t figure it out. I’ll look again tomorrow

Comment

Saw a decent 8 chasing in unit 2 along the road this morning

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
          Saw a decent 8 chasing in unit 2 along the road this morning

GREAT News! That's my unit. Though I am not til the last hunt in December

Comment

Below are the sunrise and sunset times for the 13th to 15th hunt if anyone is curious.

Sunrise: 6:57am
            Sunset: 5:36pm

Sunrise: 6:58am
            Sunset: 5:35pm

Sunrise: 6:59am
            Sunset: 5:35pm

Comment

My daughter and I spent a few hours yesterday looking around my Unit 1-3 in the general area where I am to park. I knew from research and satellite maps that it was thick, but it was even thicker than I imagined. Areas on the map that looked like they might have a little open space, were still thick with cedar.

Even though it was thick, I did see a decent buck that would have given me a broadside from about 40 yards. He stood there looking at my daughter and I for a good 3-4 minutes while we were glassing him. Saw a couple of feeders set up on neighboring properties that were close the NWR property line and I suspect they are trying to draw deer off the NWR, which is perfectly legal and their prerogative. Saw a few trails leading to the feeders from the NWR and might set up on one of those trails at some point. Also saw several trails that might be a good place to set up a pop up, although this area might be better suited to still hunting, as this is how we ran into the buck we saw.

Primary roads were in good shape, although I know they could get bad if it rained. I was in a 2WD truck and feel it would be fine unless it was a rainy weekend. Secondary roads were a little sketchy.

I was super impressed with the Avenza Maps App that the NRW recommended we download. I was able to navigate around my area and know where I was at all times using Avenza with the maps they gave us to upload into the app.

Comment

highs in the low 80's this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by fakeworest View Post
                  highs in the low 80's this weekend...
                  Bummed about that.

Comment

Good luck to everyone going this weekend. Going to hope for the best in 13.

Comment

Good luck guys. Just headed home and saw someone in big black blind in 1-2. Ready for my shot next month.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

The 1000’ march up a steep bluff in this sun and heat with all my stuff from where they say to park had me drenched with sweat. At least there’s a nice consistent breeze up here and the views are incredible. Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bumped something getting into the blind at 1:45 in Unit 13. Nothing since then, but heard a single shot a while ago in the area of Unit 12.

The best pasture is mostly blocked by overgrowth unfortunately.

I’d post pictures if I knew how to deal with this extremely limited file size restriction...
                          Last edited by bdubb; 11-13-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Looks like you could camp out in that stand and save the morning walk.
                            The 1000’ march up a steep bluff in this sun and heat with all my stuff from where they say to park had me drenched with sweat. At least there’s a nice consistent breeze up here and the views are incredible. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Which unit are you in again?

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                                Looks like you could camp out in that stand and save the morning walk.

Up there I kinda thought how this woulda been a great camping trip.

Unit 1-15

It was dead until around 5. Two little does flew through getting chased by a big coyote who decided to give up and rest directly in front of me and chase off a 3rd doe 5 mins later. Do coyotes ever kill deer? Then a small spike grazed for about 10 mins in 20 yards in front of me. I decided to pass. Finally a 6pt came hauling through and I got impatient waiting for him to pause and let off a shot and missed at about 120 yards... at least I hope I did. He darted into trees and I looked for blood for about 45 mins in the twilight and didn’t see anything. Got there before 2pm. I love a long sit but with it being so hot I’m only going to be hunting within an hour of sunset and sunrise tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X