No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2009-2010 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a dumb question, Can you hunt pigs at night at aquilla? Can you hang a feeder for pigs or hand cast only? Like right now?

Comment

With a bow, by the way.

Comment

huntxtrem, Hand feeding only at Whitney and Aquilla. If your caught hunting a feeder, then it could cost ya some $$$. If found, most feeders are confinscated by ACE, as is equpment left out there (ie stands ect).

I know its a lot of work. But when I hunt pigs, I feed them by hand 2-3 times a week.

Couse there ain't any pigs out there. And if ya think ya saw some, it was the neigboring over fed dogs dresssed like pigs. I dont' shoot them but do like watching them eat dog food and "wolf,......wolf" at me .

Comment

I found a fresh rooten goin on out there while just cruising the lake and exploring the creeks. Big tore up spot, big tracks too. What about huntin at night for pigs? that's the best time to hunt for em, will the corp let you out there?

Comment

Originally posted by huntxtrm View Post
            I found a fresh rooten goin on out there while just cruising the lake and exploring the creeks. Big tore up spot, big tracks too. What about huntin at night for pigs? that's the best time to hunt for em, will the corp let you out there?
            no animals can be taken by spot light or at night.

Comment

Originally posted by TechHunter View Post
              I still don't understand? how can I legally shoot antlerless this year at whitney and aquilla?
              anybody?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

What about huntin at night for pigs? that's the best time to hunt for em, will the corp let you out there?
                no animals can be taken by spot light or at night.
                LW is right, legal hunting hours I believe are 30 minutes before sunrise and 30 minutes after sunset, just like with dove.
                Last edited by boss bowman; 08-09-2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Techhunter pm sent

Comment

Ok, I aint gonna do it if it aint legal, I was just hoping. That's when I hunt them at my lease in west texas. It works great in the heat, they seem to come out more at night when it's cool.

Comment

Nobody who post's on this forum ever hunts pigs at night on corp land..... right?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                        Nobody who post's on this forum ever hunts pigs at night on corp land..... right?
                        Better not let me see lights shining accross my fence on corp land cuz I'm a big tattle tail.......

Comment

Aint worth the trouble, I'll hunt em at night when I'm in throckmorten. And during the day at aquilla. Just more work, cause generally they are nocturnal. Which means runnin em out a bed, to get one. Which is not a good idea during or just before deer season. I don't want to spoil anybody's deer huntin. I some work hard at gettin a good setup.

Comment

Printed my permit for Whitney/Aquilla today. The countdown begins.

Comment

I am ready

Comment

Let's further discuss hunting hogs at night. Nothing is in the Lake Whitney regs that I can find (my sheet is a couple years old), except the reference to "All State hunting laws apply on Corps of Engineers managed lands". So, lets move into the TXPW book. Hogs are classified as an exotic, not a game animal/migratory game bird which have the one-half hour before sunrise/one-half hour after sunset rule. Further back in the regs under restricted methods, "non-game animals may be hunted at night with the aid of an artifical light on private property."

So, unless I've missed something, hogs are fair game at Whitney/Aquilla at night, so long as you don't use any type of light. You won't have many opportunities at night, but if you have the moon and a light colored pig you may be in luck, just leave the hog-lite at home.

Any other opinions?

Comment

Working...
                                X