Pond excavation/enlarge ballpark costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pond excavation/enlarge ballpark costs?

I have a tank that is a little over 1/2 acre that I'd like to enlarge to 1 acre. Some excavation of existing dirt would be ideal as I want to stock it so i want it deep. Most of the work would be pushing existing dirt over and widening the berm. IT would be about 1.2 acres or so when done. Any ideas of a ballpark idea of cost? Estimates I search are all over the place... $2K an acre... $10K an acre... and so on.

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
    I have a tank that is a little over 1/2 acre that I'd like to enlarge to 1 acre. Some excavation of existing dirt would be ideal as I want to stock it so i want it deep. Most of the work would be pushing existing dirt over and widening the berm. IT would be about 1.2 acres or so when done. Any ideas of a ballpark idea of cost? Estimates I search are all over the place... $2K an acre... $10K an acre... and so on.
    Im doing the same and quoted around 10k . The wild card is the type of ground and if you will need clay ect....

Comment

I would say $4k per foot deep on one acre. It runs about 2.5/yard

Comment

Lots of variables. Do you have to drain existing pond, soil, liner, elevation. We have had 2 tanks built over the last 10 years. 7 acres was about 100k and a 10 acre pond which was right at 130k. Also depends how much equipment and man power will be needed. Ponds are great investments for family time

Comment

Working...
        X